Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Fuel line adapter for fuel pressure gauge or fuel side of nitrous

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2007, 07:08 PM
Evolving Member

Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts
Fuel line adapter for fuel pressure gauge or fuel side of nitrous

I am in the middle of istalling my nitrous kit and have run into a problem: There is no schrader valve in the fuel pressure line, so there is no easy way to tap into the pressure side of the fuel line.

I don't want to cut the braided steel line and put a brass T in.

I know that there is an adapter that goes between the rail and the regulater, but i don't want to wait a week for shipping and the link to the site doesn't work. I would think there is a fitting that could go between the hard line and the braided steel line(like something i could pick up from an auto parts store).

Thank,

Scott
Old Dec 30, 2007, 06:56 PM
Evolving Member

Bump... I never got an answer.
Old Dec 30, 2007, 07:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
most fuel supply fittings for a nitrous system are -3 AN. Not sure what system has a Schrader style supply fitting???? You mean like where you put air in your tire right? That's a Schrader valve.

You can easily gut the steel braided line and install the appropriate "tee". If your line is -6 AN, you can cut the line, install two female end connections on the cut line, and install a male -6 x -6 x -3 tee. Most speed shops will stock this, or you can mail order from Summit or Jeg's and they for sure will have it in stock.
Old Dec 30, 2007, 07:15 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dubbleugly01
most fuel supply fittings for a nitrous system are -3 AN. Not sure what system has a Schrader style supply fitting???? You mean like where you put air in your tire right? That's a Schrader valve.

You can easily gut the steel braided line and install the appropriate "tee". If your line is -6 AN, you can cut the line, install two female end connections on the cut line, and install a male -6 x -6 x -3 tee. Most speed shops will stock this, or you can mail order from Summit or Jeg's and they for sure will have it in stock.

Yes, the fuel supply side of the nitrous kit is -3.

Lots of old cars like my mustang have a schrader valve in the system(on the rail for the mustang) so you could purge the system of fuel pressure if you needed to work on any part of the fuel system.

I don't think that the factory fuel line is -6, but that would make it very easy to modify if it was. Can anybody verify this?
Old Dec 30, 2007, 07:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by colo_evo
Yes, the fuel supply side of the nitrous kit is -3.

Lots of old cars like my mustang have a schrader valve in the system(on the rail for the mustang) so you could purge the system of fuel pressure if you needed to work on any part of the fuel system.

I don't think that the factory fuel line is -6, but that would make it very easy to modify if it was. Can anybody verify this?
it's not -6, but you said you didn't want to cut the steel braided line, so I assumed you replaced it with aftermarket.

But they do make adapters with 1/8" NPT threads that plug right in.

http://store.42draftdesigns.com/Fuel...or_p_6-59.html

Then you could easily buy a 1/8" NPT male to -3 AN male adapter.

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

You'll have to cut the stock line though. I'm runnig this way for a fuel pressure gauge.
Old Dec 30, 2007, 07:33 PM
Account Disabled

I am in the middle of istalling my nitrous kit and have run into a problem: There is no schrader valve in the fuel pressure line, so there is no easy way to tap into the pressure side of the fuel line.

I don't want to cut the braided steel line and put a brass T in.

I know that there is an adapter that goes between the rail and the regulater, but i don't want to wait a week for shipping and the link to the site doesn't work. I would think there is a fitting that could go between the hard line and the braided steel line(like something i could pick up from an auto parts store).

Thank,

Scott
pruven performance sells a bolt on billet adapter which fits between the fuel feed line and fuel rail which has a few 1/8 th NPT ports

They are at 203-874-0393
Old Dec 30, 2007, 07:39 PM
Evolving Member

^
that is the setup i was thinking about, but i'd rather not cut fuel lines and use worm clamps to secure the fuel lines on my daily.

How much fuel pressure do you see at 20lbs of boost? around 60-70? Thats just a lot to trust to worm clamps. and if this setup failed, id have fuel shooting all over the engine bay and 100hp worth of nitrous spraying through the engine

dubbleugly01: would you mind taking a picture of your setup and sending it to me next time you have your camera out?
Old Dec 30, 2007, 07:50 PM
Evolved Member

http://www.amsperformance.com/store/...roducts_id=144
Old Dec 30, 2007, 08:20 PM
Evolved Member

^
that is the setup i was thinking about, but i'd rather not cut fuel lines and use worm clamps to secure the fuel lines on my daily.

How much fuel pressure do you see at 20lbs of boost? around 60-70? Thats just a lot to trust to worm clamps. and if this setup failed, id have fuel shooting all over the engine bay and 100hp worth of nitrous spraying through the engine

dubbleugly01: would you mind taking a picture of your setup and sending it to me next time you have your camera out?
I'm running 40 psi base fuel pressure, so at 30#'s boost I'm seeing 70#'s of fuel pressure. No leaks, and I've had it this way for about a year. Pardon the look of my engine bay, I'm doing a bit of routine maintenance at the moment My fitting is an anodized aluminum fitting I got somewhere here on Evom from one of the vendors. For the life of me, I can't remember which one, but I got the fitting when ordered my Defi gauge package. But it's the same principle, the red fitting has a single barb where the fuel line is clamped down on it on each end. I'm pretty sure I got it from 42Draftdesigns, but it's not showing up on their website anymore, it's been replaced with the brass setup I linked earlier

Last edited by dubbleugly01; Dec 30, 2007 at 08:35 PM.