Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

RMR or WORKS reflash?? Anyone install yet?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2003, 09:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Eric Lyublinsky [/i]
[B]What I really trying to state is if you were to upgrade you exhaust system there is now loss by going to 3in. So if you ware inching for more power replacing the elbo is a option for you. I think the EVO even with the stock cams and proper EM on street gas is able to get to that magic 350hp mark on the stock fuel system and turbo. As far as IC I'm not sure it will make much more then 290 to 300 whp on a dyno jet. The stock turbo just blows to much hot air at thoes power levels. HKS's 2.5 is just not ideal.

Eric
Upgrading to a 3" downpipe for me, means changing the elbow, removing the stock cat in favor of a 3" high flow cat or test pipe (I have a 3" RMR test pipe sitting in my garage but I can't seem to get rid of the "check engine" light even with the proper cell fix for the o2 sensor). So unless I really start to make allot of power ... the hassle and extra $ is not worth the minimal gains I would get the way my car is now ... around 280hp at the wheels. Hopefully Alfriedesq runs some tests on this subject because it is intersting. Ohhh one more thing Eric ... don't forget that my HKS is a true 2.5 (measured from the inside diam pipe). Most of the American made 3" downpipes are really like 2.85" or whatever, as they measure the diam from the outside. Is .3" or whatever really that big of a difference? My cat back is 3" (75mm) by the way.
Old Jul 1, 2003, 04:11 PM
Account Disabled

A 3.0 is a must for big boost power. It will elimitae creep, that is for sure, and I plan to run a 3.0 dump off my turbo so I may need to to control the creep, how much is that 02 housing????
Old Jul 3, 2003, 05:38 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Alfriedesq Check your facts = I have a Gt 3037 S kit on my desy - the o2 housing / dom pipe with dump tube - is ONLY 2.6Inches - not 3"
Al, I was referring to the larger HKS turbo kit ... GT 3240. Dom pipe with dump tube is 3". Still very surprising that HKS does not recommend a 3" dp with the 3037 kit. How much bigger is this turbo over stock 16G? How much bigger than 20G?
Old Jul 3, 2003, 06:09 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by evo1

Al, I was referring to the larger HKS turbo kit ... GT 3240. Dom pipe with dump tube is 3". Still very surprising that HKS does not recommend a 3" dp with the 3037 kit. How much bigger is this turbo over stock 16G? How much bigger than 20G?
Comes down to cost why have another down pipe when you still can use the 2.5 the have already sold you. Mind blowing??
Old Jul 3, 2003, 06:39 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Eric Lyublinsky

Comes down to cost why have another down pipe when you still can use the 2.5 the have already sold you. Mind blowing??
Well, when I complete my ECU mod, I should be running right around 300whp. If I can find a good, inexpensive 3" high flow cat out there ... maybe I'll try to compare a 3" dp + 3" o2 housing to my current set-up (2.5" dp + stock o2 housing) ... you win Eric, r u happy? Hmmmm ... I wonder if AMS will offering a high flow cat? Not interested in test pipes (running catless) anymore. I believe Vishnu and/or RMR may have one avail as well.
Old Jul 3, 2003, 06:56 AM
Evolved Member

Anyone who installed the WORKS Reflash have before and after dyno plots yet??
Old Jul 3, 2003, 07:16 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by evo1

Well, when I complete my ECU mod, I should be running right around 300whp. If I can find a good, inexpensive 3" high flow cat out there ... maybe I'll try to compare a 3" dp + 3" o2 housing to my current set-up (2.5" dp + stock o2 housing) ... you win Eric, r u happy? Hmmmm ... I wonder if AMS will offering a high flow cat? Not interested in test pipes (running catless) anymore. I believe Vishnu and/or RMR may have one avail as well.

I'm always happy and more so today then most. I'm might have a brand new EVO in my gorage as early as saturday if this dealer I'm dealing with will give me the trade in I'm looking for. And it is never about winning. I have seen so many set ups on the dyno and 3in always out flows 2.5. On the wrx with a larger turbo VF30 slightly smaller then a 16g with a 2.5 cat less exhaust has boost issues because of the 2.5in back presure.

Just going by what I see.
Old Jul 3, 2003, 07:17 AM
Evolved Member

Lets try to keep to the topic.

Rmr or WORKS re flash.
Old Jul 3, 2003, 11:25 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by silvrevo
Lets try to keep to the topic.

Rmr or WORKS re flash.
My thoughts exactly
Old Jul 3, 2003, 11:44 AM
Evolved Member

evo 1 - Definitely let us know how the boost controller and cat-back works with the re-flash!

JNR