Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Ideas welcome... P0300, P0139

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2007, 02:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ideas welcome... P0300, P0139

Hey guys, i've got a question and hopefully you guys will have some answers.

I have a IX, I have been tackling an issue with a P0301 for a long time now. Regardless of swapping plugs, coil packs i have tried everything i know of, i still get the code. I bought a sun hypersystems ignition amp hoping that maybe this would help, swapped plugs, and i am now getting a p0300 instead of just the 0301. I have also been getting a p0139 for quite some time as well. I know what that code means and some of the checks are exhaust leaks, bad 02 sensor i read something about intake leaks may cause it as well.

I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar issue, and if so, what they did to fix it. Also i am wondering if anyone has any suggestions of what i should or could do to further troubleshoot the system.

MODS: HKS RSI, AMS LICP FMIC UICP, Stock BOV, Sun Ignition amp, Walboro FP, Greddy EBC, TBE, ported coated mani and hotside, O2 housing, i think that about covers anything to do with performance.
Old May 31, 2007, 02:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would first try putting the car back to stock and see if you still have the problems or any CEL issues.

once back to stock (and assuming the problem goes away too) start putting parts back on until you find the root cause.

either way, you already know that you have problems on a single cylinder (P0301) misfire on #1.
what is the condition of the plug?
have you done a leakdown check, and or compression check?

I would start there, then work your way back to stock until the issue is resolved.
Old May 31, 2007, 03:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I picked up a C-reader (sp?) from Vishnu. This nifty tool pulls the code for me and then I look it up in the book.....Vishnu said to just leave it plugged in and see if I get any other CEL codes......if it does I read the code and plug it back in. I was suffering the P0300 code and I think the P0420...I've had no ill effects following their directions and have yet to have another CEL pop up.

Contact Dustin or anyone else at Vishnu capable of explaining the process to you...this is the best I remember...I picked it up last year. Hope this helps!
Old May 31, 2007, 08:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i've got a code reader and thats pretty much what i do....

as far as compression test, i've done that, cylinders were fine thank god, i swapped plugs and it changed from a p0301 to p0300 along with the 0179. do you think the 2 codes could be related ? bad O2 or something with the intake causing the engine to misfire ? I would turn it back to stock and try that out, but damn that is a lot of work lol. I have been thinking about changing out the intake with something else to see if that helps. Maybe the hks filter is causing problems. I have also heard that it could be a bad injector although i hooked it up to the genisys scan tool and all the injectors seem to be reading fine. I also have sparatic at time a/f ratios.... they will fly around from 10.0 to 18.0 when idling, and you can see the ecu trying to make it stoich but has issues... keep the ideas coming... thanks