Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Lancer Evolution Exhaust Cutout????

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2003, 01:36 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lancer Evolution Exhaust Cutout???? VIDEO INSIDE AWESOME!!!

I was thinking after seeing Cheese Frogs DX hatch with a HUGE turbo and stock exhaust that it may be a good idea for those of us who want the performance but not the LOUD BR exhaust. Can you get a modified 02 housing that has an electronic cutout that will dump all the exhaust gas from the turbo routed out the passenger side front wheel well? Wouldn't this net the biggest gains as far as an exhaust is concerned? I mean I just think it would be great to have one, scare teh **** out of people too, and then hit the button again and whoop, stock quiet, also perfect for emissions as it isn't really a violation.

I figure it would cost around the same as a BR full exhaust ($800) and make just as much power, if not more, and then be stealth and allow the car to open up whenever desired, and then go back.

I would be interested in this product, where would I get one that bolts on in place of my stock 02 housing?

Last edited by umiami80; Jun 21, 2003 at 02:21 PM.
Old Jun 21, 2003, 02:20 PM
Account Disabled

Here we go found it...

Check THIS it, simply ****ing awesome and it works great.

http://dmhperfproducts.homestead.com/borlaplate.html

Any non believers? Check out this Civic DX with one, he is running a 60-1 on a fully Built LS block and making 420WHP on PUMP GAS. That Viper he is racing is a 10 Second Street Car, a 9 second Track car on Juice.

Check it out, seems to work great, is LOUD, but can go back to stock with a flip of a switch, I am sold, really **** an exhaust.

Cheesefrog Exhaust Cutout Viper Race
Old Jun 21, 2003, 02:45 PM
Account Disabled

HERE WE GO, $500 Bucks but is perfect, even better then the DMH one which needs custom fabrication. Ultimate racing has basically the same UNIT bolted to a 3.0 Downpipe and then to teh stock exhaust, I am SOLD, here is my next exhaust, check it out.

http://www.ultimate-racing.com/Produ...nPipe-US.shtml
Old Jun 21, 2003, 07:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
don't get why?
But anyway, it would be interesting since the Evo runs so rich at the top you might get some nice flames under there.
Old Jun 21, 2003, 10:22 PM
Account Disabled

Don't get why? Question...

What is the BEST exhaust for a Turbo car?

Answer...

NO EXHAUST, your car would make the most power with a dumped 02 housing without even a downpipe. This kit installs a 3.0 downpipe, and then has an electronic cutout right before teh stock cat, which the 3.0 downpipe bolts up too. I would immagine it tapers down to 2.5 to fit the cat,

So basically you a 3.0 Mandrel bend piping and then a 3.0 Mandrel bend cutout rdumping out right next to the cat, chek it it, it is optimal, LOUD and points towards the street.

Old Jun 21, 2003, 10:24 PM
Account Disabled

This woud make optimal power and seems to be the way to go for a stock sounding daily driver until that Honda paces you and trys to do a Ricer Fly, then you hear the wrath of a burblely 4G63 and a hidious his of a turbo as you fly by him, then get back to quit real quick, so money and you don't even know it. I am getting one.
Old Jun 21, 2003, 10:31 PM
Evolved Member

That's funny your talking about a ricer Honda flyby and your using a pic of it on a Honda and you waht it on your car.
I'll take the quality exhaust that gives me the performance gain all the time. But to each his own, go for it if you like.
I guess you have no intentions of warranty work???
Oh an have fun fitting it under the Evo, especially with the braces under there.

Last edited by timzcat; Jun 21, 2003 at 10:34 PM.
Old Jun 21, 2003, 10:38 PM
Evolved Member

Turbo cars do not need or benefit from any type of backpressure. All upper limits to pipe diameter, in a turbo car, are dictated by: Cost of bending, fitment or noise concerns. Removing an exhaust all together at the turbine outlet yeilds losses due to boundry layer separation caused by a non-gradual transition in effective pipe diameter at the point where turbulence is most deletorious (at the turbine discharge) to turbo performance.

Just my 2c,
Shiv

That is a quote from another thread here about downpipes. FYI..
Old Jun 21, 2003, 10:44 PM
Account Disabled

I sense a lil smart *** in ya, all is good. YES I know those pics are from an S2000, that si all the site has. and there is room for a dump I believe it is more towards the door. I am not discounting any exaust system. Hell on my TSI AWD I ran a ported 2g manny, ported 7CM exhaust Manifold, ported 2G 02, 3.0 downpipe, 3.0 testpipe, 3.0 Thermal R&D exhaust. ****er was LOUD and sometimes I wish I had some silence. I could not get home or anywhere without anyone knowing it was me, plus it kept teh cops attention. No doubt it gave me massive performance, but it was always there. This cutout system will net the same power if not more than any exhaust system, unles you go with a rediculous turbo that needs a 3.5 downpipe, but were not there yet. Plus the price is right, $300 less then a full turbo back, and is stealth, why not?

P.S. aint nothing wrong with an S2000, they may beat you stock for stock if you don't get the jump, great car, but Not a honda fan, maybe an accord for a daily driver.
Old Jun 21, 2003, 10:50 PM
Evolved Member

I am not trying to be smart *** just objective.
I don't have a problem with Hondas like most I've had a couple and sold one after I brought the Evo.
But to be a smart *** that is a picture of a B16 or B18 motor in a civic or something, but that's besides the point.
I am not trying to argue with you. I really meant that if you like it go for it.
Old Jun 21, 2003, 11:01 PM
Account Disabled

Naw its cool.

I didn't mean just a turbo dumped into nothing, I mean some sort of 02 housing with some sort of pipe exiting out the side of the car, this DOES lower low end torque, but your overall torque is increased, before spoolup you do infact have less power, but once the turbo does spool, it will maek more powe racrross the borad, in this case 30 PLUS if tuned.

I just like the fact of being able to run a 12.5 at 108MPH with this cutout, a SAFC from Buschur, a MBC set to 19.5 exactly, and an intake filter, so cheap, and will own many cars at the stoplights.
Old Jun 21, 2003, 11:03 PM
Account Disabled

As far as the S2000 concerned, the god dan site said it was from an S2000, Me never working on one or being below one, I believed them.
Old Jun 21, 2003, 11:04 PM
Evolved Member

The RMR exhaust is not that loud, sound clips on their site, and it is stainless steel so for the money it will last a lot longer then the stock exhaust.
Old Jun 23, 2003, 07:42 AM

Originally posted by umiami80
As far as the S2000 concerned, the god dan site said it was from an S2000, Me never working on one or being below one, I believed them.
Umm, its listed as a part available for the S2k but the pictures are labelled "Honda Model". Not to be nit picking or anything

Its true however, in an EVO application, you'd be hard pressed to find space to place one of these things.
Old Jun 23, 2003, 09:01 PM
Account Disabled

It is allready manufactured, it isn't as long as the "HONDA" setup (notice I didn't say S2000?). It works VERY similar to cheesefrogs setup only it has a 3.0 Downpipe and then it dumps it srteatue down off the turbo instead of going back aways. It is already made, I will get pics as soon I as I get them, I really like this setup, I like keeping the stock exhaust too, so stealth.

Quick Reply: Lancer Evolution Exhaust Cutout????