Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

CEL after cosworth cam install???Help

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2007, 06:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CEL after cosworth cam install???Help

Hey guys just got done with my cam install on my IX. bled the lifters no more tick and perfect timing before crank. Car ran fine for 20 minutes. Left it at work in a bay. Went to pick it up after about an hour being home and a couple sec after crank cel came out. Pulled out my scanner and it was a camshaft position sensor code on the intake cam. I put it back the same way it came off because I marked it otherswise it wouldnt run right. If I clear the code and drive it it never comes back but after resetting it and driving it for about 40 miles or so it will come back on when I crank the car. Can this be tuned out or is this normal for a IX after cam install?
Old Jun 6, 2007, 06:32 PM
Evolved Member

is the sensor in correct? Nevermind theres only one way to put it in. You might have damaged the sensor. There like $100-$200. The dealer will rape you though. I dont have cosworths but I have the S1 and dont throw a code
Old Jun 6, 2007, 06:34 PM
Evolved Member

no you can put it on two ways. You know how it has that collar piece inside that has the two notches in it. Well they can go in either way but it has to be right for the sensor to read properly. I put it in right i am sure of that. But it wouldnt re running right if the sensor was bad.
Old Jun 6, 2007, 06:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
hey bro pm me for my numkber there is a few things i want to go over with you over the phone. i had this problem and it can be a few things. im sure i can fix your problem over the phone.
Old Jun 6, 2007, 06:46 PM
Evolved Member

Pmed You
Old Jun 6, 2007, 06:52 PM
Account Disabled

The intake CAS trigger is divided evenly into 4 parts, the exhaust CAS trigger has a small tab and a large tab. When I did my cams, I noticed that it didn't matter which way the intake CAS trigger went back on, because the tabs had the same orientation either way. I threw a code just after my install, but it was because I forgot to tighten the bolt that holds the CAS in place, so it was loose and losing pickup on the trigger. After tightening it down, I never had another code.
Old Jun 6, 2007, 06:56 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah evo dan just called me. I think I may have left one the the bolts that hold the trigger in place lose. Or there is some oil getting into the sensor. Only thing I dont get is why After clearing it and driving it it wont turn the code back on. O well atleast I didnt ****in bend a valve.
Old Jun 6, 2007, 07:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by E VOL IX
Yeah evo dan just called me. I think I may have left one the the bolts that hold the trigger in place lose. Or there is some oil getting into the sensor. Only thing I dont get is why After clearing it and driving it it wont turn the code back on. O well atleast I didnt ****in bend a valve.

dont forget to check the little cap thingies inside there that the sensor reads. make sure there dead senter. let me know how you make out. ttyl
Old Jun 6, 2007, 07:22 PM
Evolved Member

thanks dan. I am sure thats the problem.. or I may have scrathced one of the sensors while it was layin in my tool cart. Hang on to it for me.
Old Jun 8, 2007, 07:51 AM
Evolved Member

BTW it is a p0365 code on the intake cam. So im going to take it out and see wassup.. hopefully it is just dirty or is loose.