Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Can't boost past 12psi. I give up!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2007, 07:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
so the get the subie bro what do u want me to tell you?you proably did more installs then me, i only did one on my car and it boosted perfect!so u might have done more installs but i do them wright.
Old Jun 9, 2007, 07:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bluebyu36
so the get the subie bro what do u want me to tell you?you proably did more installs then me, i only did one on my car and it boosted perfect!so u might have done more installs but i do them wright.
Too bad you don't spell as good as you install.

I joke I joke!
Old Jun 9, 2007, 08:02 PM

This may be a little off topic and little bit of a highjack but, I installed a IX diverter valve in my evo, ran it and it only boosted 12psi. I turned off the ignition started it back up and it boosted 22.5psi. I thought the problem was solved but every once in a while it will does the same thing, yes its installed correctly. Any suggestions?
Old Jun 9, 2007, 08:03 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dude before you get all crazy and pull all your hair out and sell your car run test on the components, get a pressure pump thingy and see if your wastegate moves at its pressure. take off all your hoses and check for holes (not just by looking at it either). pressure check your mbc as well. then put it all back to stock and try to get it working. then drink a beer get laid to calm down and start over again!
Old Jun 9, 2007, 08:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by subrwho
Wastegate installed wrong. Bro, I have probably done more installs then you'll ever do! And i'm not just giving up on the car because of this. All I have had is problems (And I don't beat the hell out of my car, I barely even drive it!) I baby my car!!!
The ONLY reason I said I give up is because of all of the problems i've had. And please don't say I treat my car like ****, or beat the hell out of it because I honestly don't. And i'm not trying to make everyone hate me by saying that I might trade in for an Sti, it's just that an Sti is more of a daily driver. Thank you all for your help, i'll have to try some things. Thanks again.
well i bet you havent done as many istalls as me...and im telling you that you did something wrong or u have a leak... have someone fix it for you or sell it. and how on earth is a STi more of a DD than an evo...

Last edited by Evo8yurAMG; Jun 9, 2007 at 08:29 PM.
Old Jun 9, 2007, 08:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evo8yurAMG
well i bet you havent done as many istalls as me...and im telling you that you did something wrong or u have a leak... have someone fix it for you or sell it. and how on earth is a STi more of a DD than an evo...
Are you kidding me!!?? Everyone knows that an Sti is more of a dd. You do it right huh. . Ya so do I, I've went through and tore everything back apart at least 5 times. And still nothing. I must have a faulty part or something, because it's a new mbc and wastegate.
Old Jun 9, 2007, 08:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evo8yurAMG
And actually I can personally guarentee that i've done ALOT more installs than you!
But thats not the topic . . .
Old Jun 9, 2007, 08:39 PM
Evolved Member

And actually I can personally guarentee that i've done ALOT more installs than you!
ummm ok...i dont know how you can prove that...or by even that i can prove that i have...the point is when i first installed the WG i did it wrong and it was stuck at 12 psi that was about 3.5 years ago
Old Jun 9, 2007, 08:44 PM
Evolved Member

what im saying is that your technical skills arent up to par if you cant figure this out or havent taken your car to someone who can... your wasting your time and everyone elses because your bieng hard headed. either take it to someone who can help you out....or sell it....
Old Jun 9, 2007, 08:49 PM
Account Disabled

Its still your boost controller install. You can tear it apart 40 times if you like, but if you continue to reinstall it wrong, it will do the same thing.
Old Jun 9, 2007, 08:51 PM
Account Disabled

Remove your wastegate line from the wastegate altogether and SLOWLY roll into the throttle. See if it will boost over 12psi. If so, your MBC install has been confirmed to be incorrect.
Old Jun 9, 2007, 08:54 PM
Evolved Member

have you even tried to do it another way...if you think your right and dont want to try it another way then dont do what TTP says will fix it... but it could fix your car in about 5 min...
plain and simple you are coming at people and trying validate your skills...tell us what exactly you have tried differently so people can try to help you...this is just turning into a argument instead of tech support... and all your saying is you took everything apart and hooked it back up...what did you try differently...im guessing nothing but if you have let us know so we can help...

Last edited by Evo8yurAMG; Jun 9, 2007 at 08:56 PM.
Old Jun 9, 2007, 10:06 PM
Evolved Member

Nice
Old Jun 9, 2007, 10:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
LOL are you serious?? Are you like 16?? If you do SOOO many installs, why cant you install a MBC correctly???

Also, most people that actually work on cars, don have to go around telling people that they do so many installs and such. Also, they can usually install a MBC correctly the first time.
Old Jun 10, 2007, 12:35 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evo_Kid
LOL are you serious?? Are you like 16?? If you do SOOO many installs, why cant you install a MBC correctly???

Also, most people that actually work on cars, don have to go around telling people that they do so many installs and such. Also, they can usually install a MBC correctly the first time.
16 are you kidding me???!!! I'm 20 bud! Are you a ****ing retard or what??? Can you not read the thread you dumb ***?! My Mbc is hooked up just fine!!! Your a ****ing idiot! Keep your mouth shut if you don't know what the **** your talking about you dumb *****!

Quick Reply: Can't boost past 12psi. I give up!