Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Can't boost past 12psi. I give up!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2007, 12:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And another thing, no i'm not switching my mbc around! The wastegate line DOES NOT belong on the turbo source line of the mbc!!!!!
Old Jun 10, 2007, 03:07 AM
Evolving Member

Can't even find the link that's supposed to show the MBC "installed right".

In any case, underboosting is generally a small problem that can be solved systematically. If you're really sincere about solving the problem, then take it to someone else who might look at it with a fresh perspective and see something obvious you've missed. Not that they're better, just that it's a fresh pair of eyes.

The other possibility is you're just being a troll. And that displeases me, since Subaru enthusiasts shouldn't be trolling Evo boards, it's not gentlemanly, and we have nothing to prove, really. Both are great cars and we should get along.
Old Jun 10, 2007, 07:46 AM
Evolved Member

if you were close to me I would fix your car for free, just because, but since I'm not I'll tell you that the answers you need to fix your car are already in this thread.

other then a turbo on its way out there are only a few things that would stop you from making more then the 12psi +/- static pressure your WG makes.

1. a HUGE boost leak, like a blown off pipe, which is highly unlikely because the car would idle like crap.
2. an open WG, again highly unlikely especially for an OEM unit. I don't think I've ever heard of a WG failing and staying open.

That leaves only one other option, the boost reference to your WG isn't getting bleed off so the WG is opening up @ static pressure, 12psi. Its VERY easy to confirm, just pull the hose off your WG and slowly roll on the throttle and watch your gauge.

Go do that now and post back your results.
Old Jun 10, 2007, 07:54 AM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
Remove your wastegate line from the wastegate altogether and SLOWLY roll into the throttle. See if it will boost over 12psi. If so, your MBC install has been confirmed to be incorrect.
Originally Posted by AlwaysinBoost
That leaves only one other option, the boost reference to your WG isn't getting bleed off so the WG is opening up @ static pressure, 12psi. Its VERY easy to confirm, just pull the hose off your WG and slowly roll on the throttle and watch your gauge.

Go do that now and post back your results.
Thanks for the advice.
Old Jun 10, 2007, 08:19 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
Thanks for the advice.
if you need anymore advice just PM me like everyone else does.
Old Jun 10, 2007, 08:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Didn't TTP already say that?! Like word for word?

Subrwho'...I personally don't care if your car runs correctly. Especially since you're ignoring everything everyone is trying to tell you. It's OBVIOUS what is wrong, but you refuse to accept it. Take a look at this thread, it's a how-to on the Hallman MBC: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...&highlight=mbc

Actually you know what? I'll do the work for you. Here's a pic from that thread. Keep in mind you can also use the BOV line for your boost source.

Last edited by belizelittle39439; Jun 10, 2007 at 08:36 AM.
Old Jun 10, 2007, 08:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by subrwho
And another thing, no i'm not switching my mbc around! The wastegate line DOES NOT belong on the turbo source line of the mbc!!!!!

The boost reference port on your Hallman MBC is the port diametrically opposed to the adjustment knob. This port, which is on the end directly opposite of the knob should be connected via 4mm vacuum hose to your DV/intake "T"(boost reference source).

The port on your Hallman MBC oriented at a 90* angle(perpendicular) to the axis of the adjustment knob should be connected via 4mm vacuum hose to the nipple on the wastegate actuator.

If you have your vacuum lines connected in the reverse order then you can argue all you want but that won´t change the fact that you´ve got it backwards. Whether or not you´ve decided to install your MBC on its side makes no difference. You could even install it upside down with the knob on the bottom but that still won´t change the proper orientation of the reference port with respect to the adjustment knob. They remain diametrically opposed to each other.
Old Jun 10, 2007, 09:08 AM
Evolved Member

man, I read the first post and wanted to punch this guy in the nose.

Wa wa wa, cry cry, I f'd with my car and now it doesn't work...damn this car sucks. It's the cars fault.

Gotta be one of the funniest threads in a while.
Old Jun 10, 2007, 09:19 AM
Evolved Member

i love to read about thee guys who post asking for help but then when advice is given feel they know more and won't try it.
Old Jun 10, 2007, 09:25 AM
Evolved Member

i think you should trade your car...............
Old Jun 10, 2007, 12:47 PM
Evolved Member

grow up..bro u sound like you14
Old Jun 10, 2007, 01:02 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
"Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them." -Albert Einstein

The OP should take this quote to heart.
Old Jun 10, 2007, 01:18 PM
Evolving Member

i dont know it might be, check it out it happened to me
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...s+ssqv+problem
Old Jun 10, 2007, 05:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by subrwho
16 are you kidding me???!!! I'm 20 bud! Are you a ****ing retard or what??? Can you not read the thread you dumb ***?! My Mbc is hooked up just fine!!! Your a ****ing idiot! Keep your mouth shut if you don't know what the **** your talking about you dumb *****!

Damn. I think you need to go some where else, I KNOW wtf Im talkin bout.

Also, if you really wanna talk ****, Im at my shop everyday, in Chico, ca hooking up MBC's (and more) correctly. Come by and say that ****.......

Originally Posted by laakness
man, I read the first post and wanted to punch this guy in the nose.

Wa wa wa, cry cry, I f'd with my car and now it doesn't work...damn this car sucks. It's the cars fault.

Gotta be one of the funniest threads in a while.
Originally Posted by bluebyu36
grow up..bro u sound like you14
Obviously, others feel the same.
Old Jul 1, 2007, 02:39 PM
Evolving Member

!!!!!wastegate ,side. vaccum bottom!!! my car runs great.

Quick Reply: Can't boost past 12psi. I give up!