Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Ams Vsr + Green + Dyno!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2007, 10:34 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what are you mods Mr.Bride. My evo green is hopefully going on next weekend however it will be on a 2.3
Old Jun 17, 2007, 02:08 PM
Evolved Member

Birdie, wait a couple months or go on a 60* night and then see the real power it will make!
Old Jun 17, 2007, 04:37 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah, i'll be dropping my car off wiht them so they can re-dyno it at night. This thing feels like 400whp car.
Old Jun 18, 2007, 05:31 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by nj1266
Both sheets are corrected to the same STD correction standard, so theoretically the temp difference should not make a difference. If you want to see the impact of temp, then turn off the correction factor on both sheet and print them out and post them.
So with the uncorrected numbers what does that mean?
Old Jun 18, 2007, 06:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by MR. Birdie
So with the uncorrected numbers what does that mean?
Uncorrected numbers are the ones that your car produced under the hot conditions that you dynoed at. If you have the dyno run files and the winpep software and look at your VZR numbers uncorrected, more than likely, your numbers will be LOWER than when they are corrected.

Done properly, corrected numbers allow us to compare two dyno runs done under different weather conditions.

Your two runs are corrected using the STD correction factor. STD corrects to 29.92" of mecury and 60*F. This means that your VZR run @ 100*F will end up with MORE power if the numbers are corrected to 60*F. Your other run is also corrected to 60*F, but since the temps were in the 70*F when that run was made, you do not gain as much hp when you correct as in the more recent run.

My advice is to download the winpep software for free from dynojet and have Alfred e-mail you your run files and play around with the dyno runs and the correction factors.
Old Jun 18, 2007, 06:56 PM
Evolved Member

Corrections or not, if it was too hot in there, his car could have heatsoaked quickly from insufficient cooling and possibly started knocking or pulling timing like a ****. Now I saw that with my own eyes. A car made power to 7krpm and would have kept going up until that badboy fell flat on its face from heat. If its too hot, it can affect topend. No data logging was going on at the time of Mr. Birdie's run so I guess, we'll never know. Take that beast to the track.
Old Jun 18, 2007, 07:23 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by nj1266
Uncorrected numbers are the ones that your car produced under the hot conditions that you dynoed at. If you have the dyno run files and the winpep software and look at your VZR numbers uncorrected, more than likely, your numbers will be LOWER than when they are corrected.

Done properly, corrected numbers allow us to compare two dyno runs done under different weather conditions.

Your two runs are corrected using the STD correction factor. STD corrects to 29.92" of mecury and 60*F. This means that your VZR run @ 100*F will end up with MORE power if the numbers are corrected to 60*F. Your other run is also corrected to 60*F, but since the temps were in the 70*F when that run was made, you do not gain as much hp when you correct as in the more recent run.

My advice is to download the winpep software for free from dynojet and have Alfred e-mail you your run files and play around with the dyno runs and the correction factors.
wow this dyno thing sure get confusing. Thanx for explaining it to me
Old Jun 18, 2007, 07:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Birdie, what are your mods, and especially what cams are you running?
Old Jun 18, 2007, 07:24 PM
Evolving Member

I'm running GSC S1 cams.
Mods: TBE, fuel pump, 750, FMIC, upper ic with lower, 02 housing.
Old Jun 18, 2007, 07:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by NoTec
Corrections or not, if it was too hot in there, his car could have heatsoaked quickly from insufficient cooling and possibly started knocking or pulling timing like a ****. Now I saw that with my own eyes. A car made power to 7krpm and would have kept going up until that badboy fell flat on its face from heat. If its too hot, it can affect topend. No data logging was going on at the time of Mr. Birdie's run so I guess, we'll never know. Take that beast to the track.
I am not saying that the conditions were not hot. They were and they did affect the power output of the car. My beef is this: You cannot claim that the temps were hot and that is why the dyno numbers are low and use CORRECTED numbers on your dyno sheet. If you really want to see the impact of the heat on the dyno numbers of your car, then PLEASE print uncorrected numbers.

This happens a lot in these forums. People complain about the heat impacting the power output of their cars while posting CORRECTED numbers. You should not do that.
Old Jun 18, 2007, 07:34 PM
Evolving Member

So I should post uncorrect numbers from both graph or just the current one?
Old Jun 18, 2007, 07:36 PM
Evolving Member

Blah, I'll just redyno the car at similar or cooler condition. This would give me a better understanding, all I know is at night or when its reach in the 80's. The car pull hard mid to top of the power band.
Old Jun 18, 2007, 07:44 PM
Evolving Member

just curious if you had any port work done? what FMIC
Old Jun 18, 2007, 07:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MR. Birdie
So I should post uncorrect numbers from both graph or just the current one?
As a general rule, if you want to compare two dyno runs done under different weather conditions, then use CORRECTED numbers. If you want to know what your car put down in one dyno run, then use UNCORRECTED numbers.

IMO, the best way to compare dyno numbers is to run the car on the dyno for a baseline, do the modifications while the car is strapped to the dyno and run it again with the least amount of time between the runs. This way you can run UNCORRECTED numbers. But this is problematic if you are doing time consuming modifications.

What you posted here is the proper way to do it. My issue is with saying that heat was a factor in the numbers produced by your car when the dyno sheet is corrected.

I would love to see an uncorrected dyno sheet for your car with 100*F.
Old Jun 18, 2007, 07:50 PM
Evolving Member

I see, this just get to much but I appricate your help.

Quick Reply: Ams Vsr + Green + Dyno!