Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Buschur pure power package?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2007, 07:50 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buschur pure power package?

Hi,
So what do you guys think about this package?

Your choice of HKS cams, New timing belt & tensioner, BR Air Filter Kit, BR full 3" Turboback exhaust with your choice of mufflers as well as an Off-road pipe or highflow cat, Manual Boost Controller, boost gauge and mount, Walbro 255lph fuel pump, and a reflashed ECU to control boost, timing & fuel curves, remove the speed limiter, and raise the rev limiter. This package will produce a solid 330+whp on an AWD dyno.

I am totally new to turbo tunning so I need help. Buschur seems one of the most serious companies out there. If I want the car to really perfom on the street, not the track, which cams do you suggest? I want the car to pull very hard from down low. The package is worth $ 2,200. Any thing else I should consider that is not in the package?
Thanks for the help.
Old Jun 17, 2007, 07:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It's not for IXs (no HKS cams for your IX), but it's a great package and has a much better value than the other one you were looking at...

Just give them a call and tell them what you want.
Old Jun 17, 2007, 08:07 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks,
I think that I will stop trying to do this myself and I will call those guys at Buschur. I am sure that a 10 min call will give great results and I will get exactly what I need.
Thanks again.
Old Jun 17, 2007, 08:21 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by fvaldes
Thanks,
I think that I will stop trying to do this myself and I will call those guys at Buschur. I am sure that a 10 min call will give great results and I will get exactly what I need.
Thanks again.
Wisdom of the ages.
Old Jun 17, 2007, 08:34 AM
EvoM Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Yup yup! Since you have an IX you will make a lot more power (with roughly those mods) than 330whp on dynojet though.

I'd do:
3" TBE
SS o2 housing
Intake
MBC
Walbro Fuel pump
cosworth of GSC S1 cams
Arp head studs
Custom Flash

Similar to the package listed above, but you will be making a LOT of power.
Old Jun 17, 2007, 08:40 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks, it is all of great help.
I can't wait to break in the motor and start the tunning. Do you guys think that if I order the parts form the same company, lets say Buschur , they will send everything including my tunned ECU and everything will work properly after instalation? You see, I live in Mexico and if things don't go right the first time I will have to start dealing with problems at a long distance. That is something I am trying to avoid. This is why I want to do it all at the same time, I have been reading that every mod you make will require a retune of the ECU and that could be a problem for me cause I live down here.
Old Jun 17, 2007, 09:04 AM
EvoM Moderator

That is true. I would definitely go with buschur parts. Bolt on as much as you can, and then get a tune locally. If you don't have someone locally that can do a custom tune for you, I would recommend working with someone like Jestr on these forums. You hook up your laptop and get one of the ECUFlash cables and send him your stock ROM. He modifies it, and sends it back to you. You load it, log it, and then return to him again and so on. I personally haven't worked with him, but I've read good reviews.
Old Jun 17, 2007, 09:17 AM
Evolved Member

Scheides, the package he's getting includes a tune from Buschur.

Fvaldes, the way it works is you order and pay, then they send you the parts. After you get them, you send off your ECU to them to get flashed, and then they send it back, and you install everything at the same time. If you want to save time on shipping the ECU, you can get EcuFlash (free software), the flashing cable from Tactrix.com ($90), and then send your stock ECU map to Buschur via email, and they will tune it and send it back.
Old Jun 17, 2007, 09:26 AM
Evolving Member

Wow, that is convinient, to do things via email. That is definitely worth considering.
I'll talk to Buschur. Any one there I should be talking to? Just trying to find the right person and save some time.
Thanks
Old Jun 17, 2007, 09:29 AM
EvoM Moderator

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Scheides, the package he's getting includes a tune from Buschur.

Fvaldes, the way it works is you order and pay, then they send you the parts. After you get them, you send off your ECU to them to get flashed, and then they send it back, and you install everything at the same time. If you want to save time on shipping the ECU, you can get EcuFlash (free software), the flashing cable from Tactrix.com ($90), and then send your stock ECU map to Buschur via email, and they will tune it and send it back.
I didn't know buschur did remote flashing like that (where you load it yourself). If so, I say go with them 100% of the way!

You can talk to anyone at BR; they are all pretty cool and provide honest, speedy, extraordinary service.
Old Jun 17, 2007, 09:34 AM
Evolving Member

wow, this e-mail flashing sounds fricken amazing (as it pertains to cost savings and timeliness). Wonder if Buschur wants to do more of this?
Old Jun 17, 2007, 09:46 AM
Evolving Member

Does anyone know the email address of Buschur Racing?
Old Jun 17, 2007, 09:49 AM
EvoM Moderator

check their website:

http://www.buschurracing.com

actually: http://buschurracing.com/contact.htm
Old Jun 17, 2007, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by shupadupa
wow, this e-mail flashing sounds fricken amazing (as it pertains to cost savings and timeliness). Wonder if Buschur wants to do more of this?
It's no big secret..but the actual flashing of the ECU (or email swap of the ROM data) for the BR package is performed by Dynoflash. I'm sure that the particulars of the tuning were worked out between them.

I'm happy with the performance of my PPP. Car pulls hard all the way.