Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

How long is the waiting list for the "Green" Turbos?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2007 | 09:22 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Ryan! It's me Brett. Still no turbo?! Did you get your tranny rebuilt yet?
Old Jul 17, 2007 | 09:24 AM
G20
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Some people there at FP with good business sense and skill should do something to speed up. This is all money waiting to be taken. Don't wait too long.
Old Jul 17, 2007 | 01:33 PM
Evolving Member

Whatever the reason for the long wait they should seriously look into ramping up production. Weather it is waiting on parts or manpower in the shop, they need to expand this line. It is basic business practice, with the popularity of this item and the expanding market you KNOW they wont overproduce themselves.
Old Jul 17, 2007 | 01:40 PM
Evolved Member

finally got mine. ordered 4/9/07, got it 7/9/07. installed it this past weekend. seems to be fine although i havent really gotten on it since its not tuned and i have 780cc/ injectors that i just installed as well.

yeah its minimum 3 month wait any way u look at it. i was quoted 3 weeks. once i get my ecu back from al friedman ill see how it goes, i sure as hell hope its fine because i really have no time or garage space to tear it apart again to take it out to send to FP if it has problems. that would really suck.

FYI mine was bought on the exchange program so i have a used turbine housing and IX compressor housing, but it sure looks like new (its coated etc..) (i posted pics up in a different thread)

i still have to send back my evo 8/10.5 to get my core refund.
Old Jul 17, 2007 | 01:49 PM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just spoke with Amber at FP and she said they just got an order of turbine housings in. She said I'm near the top of their list but there is 4 business accounts directly above me and they each have multiple turbo orders. She said mine should ship out at the end of this week or next week. I told her I'm a member of EVOm and there's is are multiple reports of people waiting 3 or more months and I expected to get mine sooner than that since I ordered directly from FP and paid twice as much buying it outright since I didn't want to wait on a core exchange to come in. She said again that it should be this week or next and that mitsubishi has not been doing a good job supplying them with the parts.
Old Jul 17, 2007 | 04:13 PM
Evolving Member

All of this reminds me of when I ordered a Big T28 from Forced performance for my DSM back in the day and 3-4 weeks turned into 3 months. I think this is business as usual for them.
I don't get why they don't accurately describe the wait times to their customers though. It's like they think people wont buy the parts if they hear they have to wait months but promising it faster and not delivering is a better solution. If they can recognize that there is a long wait they should either find a solution or adjust what they tell customers
Old Jul 17, 2007 | 05:05 PM
Evolved Member

With this many people in line it's no wonder they didn't even respond to my email regarding the rebuild. I'll never see this ****in thing rebuilt this season, that's for sure.

At this point I have no choice but to buy another turbo kit outright and use this dead 1700 dollar turbo for a paperweight for the rest of the season. The real problem is choosing my next turbo. It's a tough choice when you hate every ****box DSM/EVO vendor currently in business... No matter what I go with I'm ****ed. Over priced bull****, complete lack of communication, overly optimistic ship dates, missing/wrong parts, incompetence, **** poor attitudes. These things are all part of doing business when you do any significant amount of work on these cars. Most of these redneck mother****ers can't even spell "customer service."

Just when I think I'm getting used to it after 8 years I get all pissed off again, LMAO. Mother****ers.
Old Jul 17, 2007 | 05:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
i might as well wait for the FPred haha
Old Jul 17, 2007 | 06:40 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by kjewer1
With this many people in line it's no wonder they didn't even respond to my email regarding the rebuild. I'll never see this ****in thing rebuilt this season, that's for sure.

At this point I have no choice but to buy another turbo kit outright and use this dead 1700 dollar turbo for a paperweight for the rest of the season. The real problem is choosing my next turbo. It's a tough choice when you hate every ****box DSM/EVO vendor currently in business... No matter what I go with I'm ****ed. Over priced bull****, complete lack of communication, overly optimistic ship dates, missing/wrong parts, incompetence, **** poor attitudes. These things are all part of doing business when you do any significant amount of work on these cars. Most of these redneck mother****ers can't even spell "customer service."

Just when I think I'm getting used to it after 8 years I get all pissed off again, LMAO. Mother****ers.
*snickers* well said !
Old Jul 17, 2007 | 07:28 PM

I ordered my fp green straight from forced performance and it was at my house in about 2 1/2 weeks!
Old Jul 17, 2007 | 07:29 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by turbodude
I ordered my fp green straight from forced performance and it was at my house in about 2 1/2 weeks!
you must have ordered it back in 1987
Old Jul 17, 2007 | 07:41 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by kjewer1

serenity now!!
Old Jul 17, 2007 | 07:44 PM
Evolved Member

I don't like where she said "Mitsubishi isn't doing a good job of supplying them with parts". Looks like they just gave themself an easy out. I should have my Evo9 turbo installed this weekend, and a good ole Mellon tune. I will strap it on a dyno as well, so you "waiters" can see if this would be a good alternative to do, until the "Greens" come in. It will be in this thread:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=248245
Old Jul 17, 2007 | 07:47 PM
Account Disabled

smoked, I predict < 1000awhp
Old Jul 18, 2007 | 04:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by Mellon
smoked, I predict < 1000awhp
At least you're optimistic

Quick Reply: How long is the waiting list for the "Green" Turbos?