Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

How long is the waiting list for the "Green" Turbos?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2007 | 01:55 PM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BluByYouEvoVIII
There have been people recently who have received them in less than a month. As I stated before, I was very patient for the first 10 weeks. Its only in the last 2.5 weeks that I have lost my patience. My original quote time was 2-3 weeks, so in my case its been more than a simple slip on time, its been a total disaster. I would not be surprised at all if you receive yours before I do. Let me know how you like it I am starting to lose hope that I will ever receive mine
I'm half tempted to pull my order and get something else, but since I plan to stick with pump gas, I'm not sure there's a better bang for the buck with great spoolup.
Old Jul 20, 2007 | 06:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RE Turbo

I have one sitting in my attic that I purchased off EBAY! It was from a Vender in FL and has a port and a 10.5 hotside + actuater. I am thinking about selling it but haven't decided yet. You guy's should check there and buy it now, I seen a buy it nowyesterday!
Old Jul 20, 2007 | 11:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mellon
I'm half tempted to pull my order and get something else, but since I plan to stick with pump gas, I'm not sure there's a better bang for the buck with great spoolup.
Im in the same boat. If I wasnt 100% sure this was the setup that I wanted to go with, I would have pulled my order awhile ago. Unfortunately everyone is in the same boat on this one, fast spoolup and good power is a hard combo to beat for the price.
Old Jul 20, 2007 | 11:20 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jspecEVO
I have one sitting in my attic that I purchased off EBAY! It was from a Vender in FL and has a port and a 10.5 hotside + actuater. I am thinking about selling it but haven't decided yet. You guy's should check there and buy it now, I seen a buy it nowyesterday!
I dont want to settle for something less than what I ordered. Especially since I am supposed to get the next available one. I think there are too many question marks when buying parts off EBAY. You dont know what the parts have been through, why they are being sold, and if there are minor blemishes or other defects (unlikely I know but still...). I rather just get the exact part with all of the options I want with it, and be able to receive it in a reasonable timeframe.
Old Jul 21, 2007 | 05:39 AM
Evolved Member

I will have the stock Evo9 turbo, with Invida O2 Housing tuned (by you), and then strapped on a dyno for some graphs for you to look at, to see if this might do, either in a pinch, or longterm. I should have a report next week on this turbo, on my setup. I am still on the Buschur list, and will patiently wait. I will compare both setups as well.
Old Jul 21, 2007 | 11:01 AM
Evolved Member

This is a bit off topic, but Buschur said they didnt have any of the o2 housings that I ordered either. If I have to get one from another source, what is the best one to get for this setup, I originally had one that was going be ported, I did not know if any other company made ported ones or if I should just outright buy a brandname one.
Old Jul 21, 2007 | 06:36 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by smokedmustang
I will have the stock Evo9 turbo, with Invida O2 Housing tuned (by you), and then strapped on a dyno for some graphs for you to look at, to see if this might do, either in a pinch, or longterm. I should have a report next week on this turbo, on my setup. I am still on the Buschur list, and will patiently wait. I will compare both setups as well.
excellent, I was under the impression that you weren't going with the 20G LT anymore!
Old Jul 23, 2007 | 05:15 AM
Evolved Member

I am all over the Green, once I get the "nod" that it has arrived. I just cant leave the car on jackstands, need it mobile, hence the "stock" Evo 9 turbo for now. I sold my old setup a month ago, so needed to fill the void with something until Buschur calls me. LOL.
Old Jul 24, 2007 | 08:44 AM
Account Disabled

I told Bushur you weren't in a hurry - my bad!
Old Jul 24, 2007 | 08:49 AM
Evolved Member

^^^
Old Jul 24, 2007 | 01:41 PM
Account Disabled

I just Spoke with Amber at Forced Performance, "You're still # 4 on the list, as soon as he can get it ported he'll start assembly .. end of this week or the first of next week"

basically the same thing I was told two weeks ago
Old Jul 24, 2007 | 02:15 PM
Evolved Member

Sounds like some serious supply chain problems.

I just sent my core in this week so I hope to god they get mine turned around in a reasonable amount of time. I should have marked the center section or something to make sure they don't use my core to build someone else's turbo.....
Old Jul 24, 2007 | 11:39 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mad_VIII
Sounds like some serious supply chain problems.

I just sent my core in this week so I hope to god they get mine turned around in a reasonable amount of time. I should have marked the center section or something to make sure they don't use my core to build someone else's turbo.....
Honest to God, I really hope for your sake that you receive it before the end of the year, not exagerating. Im going on my 13th week or so. still no clue when to expect mine, I was told like 2-3 weeks ago (im losing track of time now) that I would receive the next one, simply rediculous.
Old Jul 25, 2007 | 01:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I just Spoke with Amber at Forced Performance, "You're still # 4 on the list, as soon as he can get it ported he'll start assembly .. end of this week or the first of next week"...basically the same thing I was told two weeks ago

The gasket match that they call porting shouldn't take more than five minutes. Or, do you mean milling the housing to accept the turbine wheel?

Last edited by sparky; Jul 25, 2007 at 02:30 AM.
Old Jul 25, 2007 | 11:42 AM
Evolved Member

yeah the "port job" was what held mine up. finally i told them to forget the port job, because in reality its just a gasket match, not an actual "port job"

it takes 5 mins like already said to get the gasket match.

and it only takes about 30 mins to put the turbo together once the parts are present. namely the milled, coated (if u choose this option) hotside (milled for the larger turbine wheel), the IX compressor housing and the 20g compressor wheel/turbine wheel.

so even if your parts are all there per amber, it takes them weeks and weeks to put it together and gasket match it, which shouldnt take more than 35 mins. crazy.

the only long process in the whole thing is a) procuring a hotside/ix compressor housing, and then coating the housing (takes a week) if u choose to.

the 20 g wheels he has, and gasket matching it/putting it to gether like i said takes less than an hour.

crazy.

Quick Reply: How long is the waiting list for the "Green" Turbos?