Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

How long is the waiting list for the "Green" Turbos?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2007 | 07:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mellon
yep, I despise companies that knowingly quote a completely unrealistic time frame to keep your interest.

FP didn't charge my debit card yet though so they don't have my money.
Yeah nobody is charging until they have the turbo completed and ready to ship out.
Old Jul 27, 2007 | 08:08 AM

Theres no waiting list in England
Old Jul 27, 2007 | 08:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by richysevo8
Theres no waiting list in England
There is a waiting list everywhere. They are only made by Forced Performance in Texas.
Old Jul 27, 2007 | 08:50 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,056 Likes on 764 Posts
Originally Posted by Mellon
yeah, I was tempted to tell them to forget the porting if that's what's holding it up, but I have a ported stock mani and want to make sure it'll flow as well as it can. I can probably do the "port" job myself, but I think I'll leave it to the experts.
The $45 port? IMHO, cancel it and have them send you the turbo if that is indeed what is holding it up, which I doubt, the 'port' is just a quick cleanup of the castings on the hotside inlet. 10 mins work tops. Me thinks that is not really what is holding your turbo up.

At least that's what mine looked like. Save your $45.
Old Jul 27, 2007 | 08:50 AM
Evolving Member

there is no way this turbo can be worth a 3 month wait
Old Jul 27, 2007 | 09:46 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 05graphiteMR
there is no way this turbo can be worth a 3 month wait
I dunno... I think they turbo has the potential to pump out some really good numbers on race gas. Pump gas, I dunno so much. I made about 326whp/320wtq on 91 octane. This was on a Dyno Dynamics dyno. For refference, most TBE/flash Evo IX's get about 280-290whp on this dyno. My numbers were made with Cosworth 272 cams in addition to the FP Green. Before the FP Green I made about 310whp/306wtq on TBE and Cosworth Cams so the FP Green gained me about 16whp and 14wtq.

Obviosuly these are just peak numbers and have no reflection of the overall improvement in the powerband. This was all on 91 octane. Hope this gives some real input to a product you guys are waiting so long for. I, in no way, think this turbo is bad or not worth it, but I would have liked a little bit more power for the $2,500 I spent on this turbo (turbo + installation + tuning).

Last edited by PANGES; Jul 27, 2007 at 09:48 AM.
Old Jul 27, 2007 | 09:59 AM
Evolved Member

yeah it depends on what car its going on and how its going to be used.

i want a daily driver/street monster. + its a big upgrade for me since i have a 03 evo, so i was originally just going to upgrade to a IX turbo, but this LT was much better.

for me i paid 1300 for it, 999 for the upgrade with a 300 core charge. so 1300 bucks for a LT upgrade on a '03 was definately worth the 3 month wait.
Old Jul 27, 2007 | 10:09 AM
Evolved Member

Anyone waited less than 3 months who sent in an evo 9 core?
Old Jul 27, 2007 | 12:51 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BluByYouEvoVIII
Honest to God, I really hope for your sake that you receive it before the end of the year, not exagerating. Im going on my 13th week or so. still no clue when to expect mine, I was told like 2-3 weeks ago (im losing track of time now) that I would receive the next one, simply rediculous.
Did you do a core exchange or send your core in first? I sent mine in at the time we ordered it, so there should be no "we are waiting on a hotside" excuses.

I know that hotsides are tough to get these days though, we have a few 8 cores laying around the shop so we ordered some 10.5's a couple weeks ago to send everything in... still waiting on the hotsides to show up...

Only thing I can see is that whomever does the hotside milling to fit the larger wheel is the holdup, again this is only for those of us that send the cores with 10.5's ahead of time.
Old Jul 27, 2007 | 01:12 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by PANGES
I dunno... I think they turbo has the potential to pump out some really good numbers on race gas. Pump gas, I dunno so much. I made about 326whp/320wtq on 91 octane. This was on a Dyno Dynamics dyno. For refference, most TBE/flash Evo IX's get about 280-290whp on this dyno. My numbers were made with Cosworth 272 cams in addition to the FP Green. Before the FP Green I made about 310whp/306wtq on TBE and Cosworth Cams so the FP Green gained me about 16whp and 14wtq.

Obviosuly these are just peak numbers and have no reflection of the overall improvement in the powerband. This was all on 91 octane. Hope this gives some real input to a product you guys are waiting so long for. I, in no way, think this turbo is bad or not worth it, but I would have liked a little bit more power for the $2,500 I spent on this turbo (turbo + installation + tuning).
Where did you get it tuned at? SRM? Vishnu?
Old Jul 27, 2007 | 01:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mad_VIII
Did you do a core exchange or send your core in first? I sent mine in at the time we ordered it, so there should be no "we are waiting on a hotside" excuses.

I know that hotsides are tough to get these days though, we have a few 8 cores laying around the shop so we ordered some 10.5's a couple weeks ago to send everything in... still waiting on the hotsides to show up...

Only thing I can see is that whomever does the hotside milling to fit the larger wheel is the holdup, again this is only for those of us that send the cores with 10.5's ahead of time.
Since you sent in your evo 9 core, how long did it take to get back? or if you're still waiting, how long has it been?
Old Jul 27, 2007 | 01:32 PM
Evolved Member

A proven 10 second turbo is worth the wait. I just think that the companies involved underestimated the huge market for these turbos. They probably should have held off production until they had a huge surplus of turbos, but then again they didn't know it would be like this of course. I'm just hoping I get mine before the Shootout!
Old Jul 27, 2007 | 01:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am in line for one, I think it will be WELL WORTH IT!! I am patient, for the potential gains from it.
Old Jul 27, 2007 | 01:57 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by yellowEVO21
Since you sent in your evo 9 core, how long did it take to get back? or if you're still waiting, how long has it been?
Just sent it a week ago............ I Just hope it turns around quick since They should have everything they need.
Old Jul 27, 2007 | 01:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by backcountryGSX
Where did you get it tuned at? SRM? Vishnu?
I was tuned at Speed Element. They're a vendor on here as well.

Quick Reply: How long is the waiting list for the "Green" Turbos?