Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

mods without a tune???

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2007, 06:18 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dean evo9
you have to be a idiot to have a tbe plus and not a tune , send your ecu to dyno f lash and you will see a big difference

Why would you be an idiot for not having a tune with a TBE?

I think we already established that the car runs better/fuller potential when tuned, but I would hardly say that anyone is an idiot for not tuning there car instantaneously (that means right away) after a TBE install. I would actually say that responding with meaningless opinions without facts would be more idiotic.

Last edited by skywestseth; Jun 27, 2007 at 06:22 PM.
Old Jun 27, 2007, 06:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got some good ideas myself
Old Jun 27, 2007, 06:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by skywestseth
Why would you be an idiot for not having a tune with a TBE?

I think we already established that the car runs better/fuller potential when tuned, but I would hardly say that anyone is an idiot for not tuning there car instantaneously (that means right away) after a TBE install. I would actually say that responding with meaningless opinions without facts would be more idiotic.
It may not be quite idiotic, but it's definitely unwise. The tune costs half as much or less than the TBE and provide more gains. Also, TBEs on IXs sometimes make no power without boost control and/or a tune, because the ECU auto-corrects itself when detecting the increased flow.

So, you can spend $600-800 on a TBE that makes the car loud and illegal while gaining modest WHP, or you can get a flash for as little as $50 and gain more power without any change in sound, no illegalities, and a car that runs properly. With that in mind, you can see how it would be foolish to do the TBE without the flash and/or instead of a flash. If I could only do one of the two mods, I'd do the flash 100 times over before the TBE, and I'd toss in an MBC + boost gauge while still being at a way lower cost and way more power.