Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

978 whp ! Dyno Flash Evo 8

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2007, 08:24 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

I begged you to come in there, I wanted to deal with you also.

I had fun, didn't bring any tools nothing broke and I went home with my $1000!!!

And to top it off........NO HYUNDAI KICKED MY *** WITH MY 9Million HP $100K evo!!!

Just kidding.

Sean
Old Jul 2, 2007, 08:44 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AL,

keep up the good work. we have faith in you and don't doubt that you will make that full pass and be happy with it.
Old Jul 2, 2007, 08:56 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Sean@Iveytune

I had fun, didn't bring any tools nothing broke and I went home with my $1000!!!

And to top it off........NO HYUNDAI KICKED MY *** WITH MY 9Million HP $100K evo!!!

Just kidding.

Sean
Sean as you know the Street Tire class is for street tires and I was trying to run on slicks

I will be happy to meet you at a test and tune session at E town in the upcomming weeks and we can have a private run for fun

As you know I am not really trying to compete in racing with my car at this time - my sole goal is to try and get my car running to its true potential

It has proven to be a very frustrating process - but on the good side I am learning a lot in the mean time

If I was not as busy as I am tuning cars at The Shop I have only limited time available for working on my car

Congrats on the win - your car is very impressive and reliable as I would expect from you

Honestly - you made the other cars in the class look like total buffons

The Q16 class is not that easy as there are serious players and its a braket race

See you soon bro !

Al

Last edited by DynoFlash; Jul 2, 2007 at 09:00 AM.
Old Jul 2, 2007, 10:00 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Sean@Iveytune

Just kidding.

Sean
Just to add - I went home without haveing to lift a wrench on my car this weekend - nothing broke either - in fact my car has been to quite a few events this year - NHRA - WRX vs EVO - Summer Slam - etc and also many test & Tune nights and its proven to be very reliable indeed

I am very pleased with hos it has run to date

My sole goal, mission, objective and direction is to improve upon my previous best time and learn more about my car - that is all

I am pissed becuase I would have gone 9.4 at least if I did not miss the shift and now I will have to wait a few days or so to find time to get back out and try it again

John Force lost yesterday in the NHRA in the 1st round and today he rented the track (norwalk) to try and work on his car

drag racing is a hard thing and its 99.99% mental - you have to make fast decisions and I can tell you that driving a 1000 whp evo in a bracket race is not an easy task

I feel I won as my car did not break - I learned a lot about my car and tuning and met a lot of really great car people at the event

AL

Last edited by DynoFlash; Jul 2, 2007 at 10:37 AM.
Old Jul 3, 2007, 06:54 AM
Former Sponsor

Al,

You talk alot of sh$t .. on the internet. You talk **** about javiers car... His car has been down the track 4x's since it was built last yr.. Javier up until recently was running every event at englishtown and never had time to run his car. This past weekend he had to travel to cali to run an NHRA event and asked paul to run his car. Pauls first time running the car went 10.3 @ 143 mph .. In the semi finals against sean he popped an intercooler pipe.

Mark
Turbotrix

Last edited by TurbotrixRacing; Jul 3, 2007 at 07:35 AM.
Old Jul 3, 2007, 07:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by TurbotrixRacing
Car ran perfect all weekend, unlike your drag monstrosity, who got beat by a hyundia.
Why does everybody rag on those hyundie's? Theyare really nice cars, have you actually driven a Vercruise - I would be happy to get beat by a hyundua any day
Old Jul 3, 2007, 07:08 AM
Evolved Member

i see this thread only getting worse and ending in a close.
Old Jul 3, 2007, 07:32 AM
Account Disabled

al,,

you talk alot of sh$t .. on the internet. You talk **** about javiers car... His car has been down the track 4x's since it was built last yr.. Javier up until recently was running every event at englishtown and never had time to run his car. This past weekend he had to travel to cali to run an NHRA event and asked paul to run his car. Pauls first time running the car went 10.3 @ 143 mph .. In the semi finals against sean he popped an intercooler pipe. Car ran perfect all weekend, unlike your drag monstrosity, who got beat by a hyundia. Keep practicing coming out on boost.. i guess your 10 tries in norwalk didnt get you any results. Ill foward this thread to javier as im sure he'd love to chime in. Hey at least you didnt spray the track down with coolant this event .. cause you were eliminated first round.

Mark
Turbotrix
Mark

I did not really care for your speculation at the track that I had blown my motor when in fact I was merely having issues configuring my anti lag, with that said, after I posted those comments regarding javier's results - I thought better of it and deleted them.

I have really no interest in starting an internet pissing contest - its a lot of wasted time I just dont have.

Best of luck with Javier and Brandon's cars and I hope to see you guys at the next event.

Al
Old Jul 3, 2007, 07:33 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by C6C6CH3vo
Why does everybody rag on those hyundie's? Theyare really nice cars, have you actually driven a Vercruise - I would be happy to get beat by a hyundua any day
The Hyundai in question had a full 1st gen DSM AWD turbo drivetrain swap so it was more like a light weight dsm

irregardless - the guy driving it drove a great race and won fair and square - thats waht braket racing is all about

AL
Old Jul 3, 2007, 08:03 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by DynoFlash
Mark

I did not really care for your speculation at the track that I had blown my motor when in fact I was merely having issues configuring my anti lag, with that said, after I posted those comments regarding javier's results - I thought better of it and deleted them.

I have really no interest in starting an internet pissing contest - its a lot of wasted time I just dont have.

Best of luck with Javier and Brandon's cars and I hope to see you guys at the next event.

Al
Ofcourse Al. Your never interested in starting a pissing contest..... Since this is the first time out with Javiers car on his new setup we needed to set the anti-lag. As you know from experience this takes time....for some longer than others. On its 3rd pass it ran 10.3@143. Not too bad for only the 3rd pass on the new setup. On the next pass the IC pipe blew off. We will be fixing that problem this week and then heading back to the track.

Keith
Old Jul 3, 2007, 11:21 AM
Account Disabled

Ofcourse Al. Your never interested in starting a pissing contest..... Since this is the first time out with Javiers car on his new setup we needed to set the anti-lag. As you know from experience this takes time....for some longer than others. On its 3rd pass it ran 10.3@143. Not too bad for only the 3rd pass on the new setup. On the next pass the IC pipe blew off. We will be fixing that problem this week and then heading back to the track.

Keith
Best of luck !
Old Jul 3, 2007, 11:41 AM
Account Disabled

let the cars do the talking here
Old Jul 3, 2007, 05:24 PM
Evolved Member

Lets salsa!!!
Old Jul 3, 2007, 07:41 PM
Evolving Member

DAMN its getting HOT in HERE
Old Jul 3, 2007, 08:58 PM
Evolved Member

Hey bro bro bro if you lost about 150lbs you would be in the 8's already.

lol.... Wow and its so true.

^^When al makes a thread the temp always goes up never down. ^^

Quick Reply: 978 whp ! Dyno Flash Evo 8