Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

978 whp ! Dyno Flash Evo 8

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2007, 10:08 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TurbotrixRacing
Ofcourse Al. Your never interested in starting a pissing contest..... Since this is the first time out with Javiers car on his new setup we needed to set the anti-lag. As you know from experience this takes time....for some longer than others. On its 3rd pass it ran 10.3@143. Not too bad for only the 3rd pass on the new setup. On the next pass the IC pipe blew off. We will be fixing that problem this week and then heading back to the track.

Keith
Keith thanks for lining me up in the groove in the final!!

Sean
Old Jul 3, 2007, 10:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jmartinez1170
Hey bro bro bro if you lost about 150lbs you would be in the 8's already.
I have been thinking the same thing for the past year or so but never took the time to actually comment about it. I think that Al needs a personal trainer. I'm your man brother. You can get my number from Memo. I will get you in the 8's in no time!
Old Jul 3, 2007, 11:08 PM
Account Disabled

150 lbs would be worth about 1.5 10ths

The cars going 8's weight about 4 - 500 lbs or more less than my car does at this time

Loosing some weight from myself and from my car is something I am working on as it is hard to defy the power to weight ratio

The main thing I am very pleased about is the super reliable way the car is running now - its only a matter of time till I dial in ther right boost and launch settings and the car starts running well

Al
Old Jul 3, 2007, 11:27 PM
Evolved Member

Al, come on now u lost to turbo tony! u have to be $hiten me! that hundai is the biggest pile of ****. lol yeah its fast. and yeah he is shooting as much nitrious in that thing as he can. but there is no reason why u should of lost to that but hey man like u said he one fair and square. just imagine the stories that will be told on this one. idk.... get him next time.
Old Jul 3, 2007, 11:38 PM
Evolving Member

nice job Al !!!
im waiting my cable to get my reflash from u !!
Old Jul 4, 2007, 10:00 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by evoracingstar
Al, come on now u lost to turbo tony! u have to be $hiten me! that hundai is the biggest pile of ****. lol yeah its fast. and yeah he is shooting as much nitrious in that thing as he can. but there is no reason why u should of lost to that but hey man like u said he one fair and square. just imagine the stories that will be told on this one. idk.... get him next time.
Please - as I said before - it was a bracket race

Its patently obvious that running a mid 9 second awd evo is a lot more difficult to bracket race than a slower dsm style set up. This is especially the case where I am constantly changing things and tweaking the tune to try and dial in the launch.

Yes his car is a pile of **** - but in bracket racing old piles of garbage win all the time.

My sole and ONLY objective with my car is to refine and adjust it to go faster than I went before. I take a lot of satisfaction out of working on the car and trying out different things to try and make it go faster - this kind of activity helps me grow as a tuner and expands my understanding of turbo charged performance.

I really dont care about loosing to Tony or anyone else.

As I have said many times - when I can go out and make some runs and then get the car back on the trailer still running and ready to race again - that is a win for me. Some of the other evos at that race blew up as usual - to me that is what I look to avoid.

I should post the data log of the 10.0 @ 140 mph pass when I was racing Tony which shows my full 3 second pause as I hunted for 3rd - (I am such a spaz sometimes).

Al

Last edited by DynoFlash; Jul 4, 2007 at 11:02 AM.
Old Jul 4, 2007, 10:11 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DynoFlash

I should post the data log of the 10.0 @ 140 mph pass when I was racing Tony which shows my full 3 second pause as I hunted for 3rd - (I am such a spaz sometimes).

Al

Interesting. I guess that should have been a 7.0-7.50 pass then with a clean shift?
Old Jul 4, 2007, 10:32 AM
Evolved Member

AL....man oh man, way to be. I remember there was a time, when I first introduced myself to Alfriedesq in 2003 and you would have had a canary on these posts telling you to lose weight.

Truth be told, you're a big guy...and so am I. Easiest way I used to lose weight when drag racing was actually close to a starvation diet. Unhealthy for someone much lighter, but when I had 65lbs to lose, I ate one healthy meal a day at the right time (usually lunch so I had most of my work day left.

I lost over 50lbs in less than 10 weeks, which might not seem crazy big amount wise, but it was with no change in routine.

Are you gonna be at the shootout august 25th? Some recent things have brought to light some changes and I have a project in mind. If you're gonna be there, I wanna check out the car and BS a little bit, but mostly to check out the car. Keep up the good work!!!
Old Jul 4, 2007, 11:04 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by mike 99gsx
Interesting. I guess that should have been a 7.0-7.50 pass then with a clean shift?
No actaully since I was rolling at a signifcant speed at the time it does not have as great an effect on the et as you would expect
Old Jul 4, 2007, 11:09 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DynoFlash
Please - as I said before - it was a bracket race

Its patently obvious that running a mid 9 second awd evo is a lot more difficult to bracket race than a slower dsm style set up. This is especially the case where I am constantly changing things and tweaking the tune to try and dial in the launch.

Yes his car is a pile of **** - but in bracket racing old piles of garbage win all the time.

My sole and ONLY objective with my car is to refine and adjust it to go faster than I went before. I take a lot of satisfaction out of working on the car and trying out different things to try and make it go faster - this kind of activity helps me grow as a tuner and expands my understanding of turbo charged performance.

I really dont care about loosing to Tony or anyone else.

As I have said many times - when I can go out and make some runs and then get the car back on the trailer still running and ready to race again - that is a win for me. Some of the other evos at that race blew up as usual - to me that is what I look to avoid.

Al

im not haten on u or dissing u at all al as i was saying i just want someone to spank this car bc all he does is talk mad $hit. he goes down to the pike talking mad **** with his pos. who cares man hey get ur car running good man. ull be hitten those 8's soon man.
Old Jul 4, 2007, 11:16 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by feldguy
AL....man oh man, way to be. I remember there was a time, when I first introduced myself to Alfriedesq in 2003 and you would have had a canary on these posts telling you to lose weight.

Truth be told, you're a big guy...and so am I. Easiest way I used to lose weight when drag racing was actually close to a starvation diet. Unhealthy for someone much lighter, but when I had 65lbs to lose, I ate one healthy meal a day at the right time (usually lunch so I had most of my work day left.

I lost over 50lbs in less than 10 weeks, which might not seem crazy big amount wise, but it was with no change in routine.

I will have to advise against that as a professional as it will cause for your body to retaliate eventually. However, if you do need dietary advice/plan give me a shout. You probably know your scaling tables like I know my diet.
Old Jul 4, 2007, 11:38 AM
Evolved Member

I appreciate the advice, and I never did say it was safe or proper. I just managed to lose weight rather quickly that way, so duly noted.