Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Full-race's new toys

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2007, 11:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MuslimEvoFreak
So it is basically for greater throttle response correct?
Yes, and slightly earlier spoolup.

l8r)
Old Aug 2, 2007, 12:03 PM
Account Disabled

How much later do you think the GT4094R would spool than the GT4088R, because it says its for drag use and the GT4088R is for High Power Street/ Strip/ Highway. Would the GT4094R be to laggy for the streets? The questions i asked would be for a built 2.4 on 93 and meth daily.
Old Aug 2, 2007, 02:20 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 59 Likes on 45 Posts
Anyone think Full-Race could dig deeper into the 8s with their twinscroll setups? I think they have a chance when the 42r is released. I can't wait to see the dyno sheets on this setup.
The 42R already is a TS configured turbo.

FYI
Old Aug 3, 2007, 12:54 AM
Account Disabled

Full-Race Geoff, Do you have and of the twinscroll kits in stock right now or do we have to wait for you guys to build it? If you have to build it how long do we have to wait?
Old Aug 3, 2007, 08:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Ted B
The 42R already is a TS configured turbo.

FYI
Thanks I didn't know that. So the 42r is the best as it gets for the evo right? Also how much laggier is the 4094 on the streets compared to the 4088?
Old Aug 3, 2007, 03:26 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Ludikraut
IDT twin-scroll will make an impact on the drag-racing scene. The benefits of twin-scroll do not translate into better top-end power, which is really what you want for drag racing.
twinscroll can be used to get more top end power, and it definately works for drag racing..

So it is basically for greater throttle response correct?
throttle response benefits are huge, this is definately one of twinscroll's benefits

Originally Posted by ill-luzion
How much later do you think the GT4094R would spool than the GT4088R, because it says its for drag use and the GT4088R is for High Power Street/ Strip/ Highway. Would the GT4094R be to laggy for the streets? The questions i asked would be for a built 2.4 on 93 and meth daily.
the 4094 would spool about 400rpm later than the 4088 and will have slightly worse response becuase the turbine wheel has to work harder to power that big 94mm compressor. I think the 4088 is the way to go if the car sees street time, and the 4094 is the way to go if you dont have AC and really want to drag race

Full-Race Geoff, Do you have and of the twinscroll kits in stock right now or do we have to wait for you guys to build it? If you have to build it how long do we have to wait?
you would have to call the sales office. i recommend speaking with mario or lloyd, they are really helpful. I know we have intercoolers, and our old style kits pretty much in stock, but i think we are about 4 weeks out on twinscroll kits

Thanks I didn't know that. So the 42r is the best as it gets for the evo right? Also how much laggier is the 4094 on the streets compared to the 4088?
i think i answered this above, if i missed anything please ask again.

thanks
Old Aug 4, 2007, 11:30 AM
Account Disabled

Quote:

the 4094 would spool about 400rpm later than the 4088 and will have slightly worse response becuase the turbine wheel has to work harder to power that big 94mm compressor. I think the 4088 is the way to go if the car sees street time, and the 4094 is the way to go if you dont have AC and really want to drag race

i wont be running a/c but the car will be mostly street driven.
Old Aug 5, 2007, 09:52 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Full-Race Geoff
twinscroll can be used to get more top end power, and it definately works for drag racing..
How would twin-scroll aid in topend power? And what are the drawbacks to going with a twin-scroll setup geared towards topend power instead of low to mid range power? Lastly, what would be the benefit of running a TS setup for a drag application versus single scroll?

l8r)
Old Aug 5, 2007, 11:35 PM
Account Disabled

Quote:
How much later do you think the GT4094R would spool than the GT4088R, because it says its for drag use and the GT4088R is for High Power Street/ Strip/ Highway. Would the GT4094R be to laggy for the streets? The questions i asked would be for a built 2.4 on 93 and meth daily. I wont be running a/c but the car will be mostly street driven.
If you arent running A/C you can run our non-AC downpipe, that would definately improve performance. you can easily convert to a 4" downpipe and exhaust for improved performance. This setup would work well, but likely be more turbo than you really need for the street... it would be ridiculously fast.

Originally Posted by Ludikraut
How would twin-scroll aid in topend power? And what are the drawbacks to going with a twin-scroll setup geared towards topend power instead of low to mid range power? Lastly, what would be the benefit of running a TS setup for a drag application versus single scroll?
in the other thread, drifto summed up the advantages perfectly:

Originally Posted by Drifto
The ability of a twin scroll to utilize the pulsing, unsteady flow of the exhaust exiting the engine gives it a huge bump in "apparent" efficiency, and ultimately spools up the turbine that much sooner. Twinscrolls also isolate the cylinders' blowdown events much better than a non-divided housing, preventing the exhausting cylinder's very high PEAK exhaust manifold pressures from finding their way into the other cylinder on its overlap period. "
to specifically answer your questions, the twinscroll aids top end power by preventing (negative) interactions between cyls on the blowdown event. Using a twinscroll geared toward top end has no downside. It is more responsive and has more low end. If you miss a shift, or if you have to get out of the throttle for any reason, when you get back in it, the twinscroll comes back on harder and faster.
Old Aug 6, 2007, 04:50 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Full-Race Geoff
If you arent running A/C you can run our non-AC downpipe, that would definately improve performance. you can easily convert to a 4" downpipe and exhaust for improved performance. This setup would work well, but likely be more turbo than you really need for the street... it would be ridiculously fast.

in the other thread, drifto summed up the advantages perfectly:

to specifically answer your questions, the twinscroll aids top end power by preventing (negative) interactions between cyls on the blowdown event. Using a twinscroll geared toward top end has no downside. It is more responsive and has more low end. If you miss a shift, or if you have to get out of the throttle for any reason, when you get back in it, the twinscroll comes back on harder and faster.
Could you give me a guess on were i would hit full boost by on the 2.4l and meth?
Old Aug 6, 2007, 02:11 PM
Account Disabled

hard to say, id guess around 5600rpm tho..
Old Aug 6, 2007, 03:23 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by 05 EVO RS
Say "I" if you think Full-Race needs to build an EVO and use all their parts and race against the Big Dogs....
Jeff or his shop will never beat the big dogs in the 4g63 world at their own game. The old school DSM'ers like Buschur and AMS just know way too much about the cars for full race to play catchup.
Old Aug 6, 2007, 03:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
sounds like fighting words to me
Old Aug 6, 2007, 04:00 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by dan l
Jeff or his shop will never beat the big dogs in the 4g63 world at their own game. The old school DSM'ers like Buschur and AMS just know way too much about the cars for full race to play catchup.
You're kidding, right? I won't even dignify this post from a mindless nutswinger with a response.
Old Aug 6, 2007, 05:16 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 59 Likes on 45 Posts
I don't think he meant it to come off quite the way it sounded. I might point out however that 'Geoff and his shop' have demonstrated what I consider to be an unequivocal degree of development of turbo systems in this forum. The fact that they've chosen to focus their efforts on developing and testing turbo systems for various platforms and not drag racing one in particular is their perrogative.

Quick Reply: Full-race's new toys