Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Full-race's new toys

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2007, 05:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
are we forgetting that they made hondas run faster than evos?
Old Aug 6, 2007, 11:28 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There's no need to create drama between these shops. Geoff and his crew are top notch and respect the DSM/Evo specific crowd like Buschur a great deal. While they could get an evo themselves and turn it into a drag car, they are a bit behind the learning curve when comparing the to Buschur and AMS who have been futsing with these things for a while. I believe the Full Race stuff will end up on some quality machinery in the near future.

Can't we all just get along?
Old Aug 7, 2007, 10:29 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by dan l
Jeff or his shop will never beat the big dogs in the 4g63 world at their own game. The old school DSM'ers like Buschur and AMS just know way too much about the cars for full race to play catchup.
well fortunately, we dont really build cars here, we definately dont build motors, and we dont drag race too seriously. I appreciate your input and have a tremendous amount of respect for buschur, shearer and ams, and have not a bad thing to say about them

Originally Posted by Ted B
I might point out however that 'Geoff and his shop' have demonstrated what I consider to be an unequivocal degree of development of turbo systems in this forum. The fact that they've chosen to focus their efforts on developing and testing turbo systems for various platforms and not drag racing one in particular is their perrogative.
thanks for pointing that out... we would rather spend the time, money and effort on engineering work. The drag race results are incredible in their own right, but the amount that is required and sacrificed to successfully campaign a car is asking a lot, and there is no doubt that other aspect of full-race would suffer if we chose to race competitively.

Originally Posted by Max Power
Can't we all just get along?
hey i think we actaully DO get along, especially if you compare it to some of the other internet forums out there!!
Old Aug 10, 2007, 12:51 AM
Account Disabled

Hey Full-Race Geoff, will the twinscroll manifolds fit with a FP Green turbo? What other turbos will your twinscroll manifold fit with?
Old Aug 10, 2007, 06:34 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ill-luzion
Hey Full-Race Geoff, will the twinscroll manifolds fit with a FP Green turbo? What other turbos will your twinscroll manifold fit with?
The FP Green uses an internal wastegate and a stock-style manifold which is twinscroll by default. Full-Race already makes a kick-*** stock-style twinscroll tubular manifold.

http://www.full-race.com/catalog/pro...oducts_id=1018

The manifolds in this thread are for externally-gated turbos with divided exhaust housings. Theoretically, any divided T3 turbo would bolt to the Full-Race divided T3 manifold. Same can be said for the T4. Whether or not the non-Full-Race turbo clears all the crap in your engine bay is anyone's guess. But it's not like there are a lot of divided housing turbos available, so I'm not sure why you would want to use your own turbo in this situation.
Old Aug 10, 2007, 11:57 AM
Account Disabled

ill-luzion ^^^ that is completely correct, thanks jbrown.

if you have any other questions let me know
Old Aug 11, 2007, 07:33 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Full-Race Geoff
well fortunately, we dont really build cars here, we definately dont build motors, and we dont drag race too seriously. I appreciate your input and have a tremendous amount of respect for buschur, shearer and ams, and have not a bad thing to say about them

Thats all I meant. Buschur has been racing the DSM's since the early 90's and comes from a family of racers. It more than impossible to catch up with a guy that is that smart and has had this long to learn about the platform. That doesn't mean you can't make some nice stuff for the car though.
Old Aug 11, 2007, 09:48 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 59 Likes on 45 Posts
That's akin to saying Lance Armstrong will never catch up with Barry Bonds.

What Jeff is doing has neither been developed nor offered by anyone in this forum. Enough said.
Old Aug 11, 2007, 12:44 PM

I'm a dsm owner, can we expect any of these products to translate back the the older 4g63 models at some point or have times changed and it is no longer worth it to develope new stuff for an old car?

GT3082R automatic GSX
Old Aug 13, 2007, 05:04 PM
Account Disabled

we dont plan on doing a twinscroll setup for the older 4G63 in the near future, but maybe later in 2008/2009? sorry
Old Aug 14, 2007, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by Full-Race Geoff
we dont plan on doing a twinscroll setup for the older 4G63 in the near future, but maybe later in 2008/2009? sorry
It's all good geoff, just helps me realize it might be time to step up to an evo soon.
Old Aug 14, 2007, 05:29 PM
Account Disabled

you may want to contact shearer, i think hes done some manifolds like that for the older eclipse/talons, his stuff is well made

Last edited by Geoff Raicer; Aug 14, 2007 at 06:04 PM.
Old Aug 14, 2007, 08:45 PM
Evolved Member

Any new results on the TS stuff?
Old Aug 15, 2007, 09:57 AM
Evolving Member

I follow these TS threads all over the place , hopefully Garrett does too .

Geoff I can't remember if I mentioned it but some TA34 series turbine housings (the TS 1.05 I think A/R ones) could be worth a look . I think they had the 76T TB31 turbine std so the 60mm GT30 UHP should fit ok if it works with the TS GT32 housing .

Its a shame you don't seem to get the TS diesel GT35 turbine housings in the US , we get them as OEM for Hino and Isuzu - GT3576 and the odd GT3576R but using the HP GT35 84T turbine . I would have thought you had the GT3571 turbos over there and if so that housing may be worth looking for .
I have a TS T4 flanged housing from a GT3576 with twinned integral gates in I think 1.17 A/R . Its compressor is a GT37 76T (dimensionally same as GT3076R comp) but in the 0.65 A/R GT40 style comp cover (bloody huge) .

Good to hear from Mike , last time we spoke you were flat out like a lizzard drinking and trying to sell a businers .

Cheers A .
Old Aug 15, 2007, 10:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Turbo Kyle
Any new results on the TS stuff?
+1

Quick Reply: Full-race's new toys