Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Full-race's new toys

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2007, 07:58 AM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by chuntington101
Full-Race Geoff, thanks for answering the questions just a qucik one though, why are you saying this manifold will only go upto the GT40??? have you no intentions of doing a 42R kit with the divided manifold???
hey chris -- this manifold was designed to fit a full length radiator AND keep AC while running a twinscroll turbo up to a 40R. The space constraints are such that the biggest turbo we can fit in the space is the 40R (4" inlet, 2.5" outlet, .72 A/R). The 42R is MUCH larger than a 40R (5" inlet, 3.5" vband outlet) and as a result we had to design a manifold from the ground up specifically for the 42R's massive housings. We are doing a 42R kit with divided dual wastegate manifold, but it is simply a different manifold and can not be made to work with a full length radiator.

if you have any other questions feel free to ask

Originally Posted by kusanagi
just to clarify ...does the front crash beam or stock undertray need to be cut to accomadate this kit?
you can keep the stock front crash beam (no cutting) and you can use the stock undertray

Originally Posted by alpha
Full-Race makes great products. The research and design is there. I have been using their products since 2003 I think. Either way a long time, hah. Geoff is a standup guy as well. Cant wait to see their exhaust manifolds on some EVO's! Geoff. Want to send me a twin scroll exhaust manifold to test on an EVO 9
thanks

Originally Posted by Max Power
Aww man, I don't even have my car back yet and my 3076 is already getting blown out of the water
sorry lol
Old Jul 4, 2007, 09:38 AM
Evolved Member

I can't wait to see some results with this kit!!!! A twin-scroll GT4088R paired up to a 2.3L stroker would likely be a BEAST on the streets!!!! This would be a great way to go for someone who wants insane power with good response. Geoff, the EVO community salutes you for your hard work!
Old Jul 4, 2007, 10:05 AM
Evolved Member

hey thanks Geoff for answer all the questions! can't want to see the test results!
i've been super excited ever since you 1st talked about doing a twinscroll manifold!!

Hey i was wondering do you have any more pictures you could show us? =D

Last edited by Rcebowl; Jul 4, 2007 at 10:13 AM.
Old Jul 4, 2007, 11:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by RSGuy
I can't wait to see some results with this kit!!!! A twin-scroll GT4088R paired up to a 2.3L stroker would likely be a BEAST on the streets!!!! This would be a great way to go for someone who wants insane power with good response. Geoff, the EVO community salutes you for your hard work!
Agreed...that would be just ignorant!!!
Old Jul 4, 2007, 11:49 AM

I called Full-Race yesterday to see if iget any kind of info from them. He was telling me some of the results from the turbos that they have tested. He said that the 3071 and 3076 where spooling at almost the same and the difference was maybe a 100 rpm. Also that the GT35 turbo was alot closer to the 30 turbos than ever before. He basically then said that this setup will get you a 300 to 400 earlier spool than a single scroll manifold. They definetly didnt want to rush anything, and make sure its all done right before they relase anything. take your time and make it perfect! I cant wait for it, i'm sure the throttle response with kit will just be insane.
Old Jul 5, 2007, 05:16 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Full-Race Geoff
hey chris -- this manifold was designed to fit a full length radiator AND keep AC while running a twinscroll turbo up to a 40R. The space constraints are such that the biggest turbo we can fit in the space is the 40R (4" inlet, 2.5" outlet, .72 A/R). The 42R is MUCH larger than a 40R (5" inlet, 3.5" vband outlet) and as a result we had to design a manifold from the ground up specifically for the 42R's massive housings. We are doing a 42R kit with divided dual wastegate manifold, but it is simply a different manifold and can not be made to work with a full length radiator.
thanks again Geoff.

is there much differance in the 2.5 outlet compeard to the 3.5 one??? what is the max power you can pucsh out the smaller one???

thanks again.

Chris.
Old Jul 5, 2007, 06:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RSGuy
We'll see I'm much more interested in the bigger wheels. I don't see a divided T4 spooling any faster than a single T3. A 4088R might be good for 50whp over a 37R and I say might because I haven't seen one dyno higher than a 37R yet on a EVO, but it should be good for a little more.

Either way I cant wait for these kits to be done and can't wait for any preliminary results. I see a Full-Race kit in my future.
Old Jul 5, 2007, 06:48 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jasil
We'll see I'm much more interested in the bigger wheels. I don't see a divided T4 spooling any faster than a single T3. A 4088R might be good for 50whp over a 37R and I say might because I haven't seen one dyno higher than a 37R yet on a EVO, but it should be good for a little more.

Either way I cant wait for these kits to be done and can't wait for any preliminary results. I see a Full-Race kit in my future.

Divided T4's are and will spool quicker than a BIG wheeled t3.

Twin scroll>single

Scorke
Old Jul 5, 2007, 06:57 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 59 Likes on 45 Posts
Originally Posted by Jasil
I don't see a divided T4 spooling any faster than a single T3.
It does. There's no comparison.
Old Jul 5, 2007, 07:09 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ted B
When you gunna get Walker to throw some octane/boost at his setup

Scorke
Old Jul 5, 2007, 08:24 AM
Evolving Member

wish there manifold would allow for a 42r
Old Jul 5, 2007, 08:25 AM
Evolving Member

wish there manifold would allow for a 42r
Old Jul 5, 2007, 08:43 AM
Evolving Member

they're making one for the 42R
Old Jul 5, 2007, 08:49 AM
Evolved Member

http://www.full-race.com/catalog/pro...f5c1972e002381

Very nice folks! Need $$$$
Old Jul 5, 2007, 09:49 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ted B
We will see Ted I respect your knowledge on the subject I can only go from dynosheets I've seen. 4088's have performed poorly IMO with power no higher than a 37R with added lag to boot.

I'm interested in the 4094R can't wait for the results or even pricing I'll be a guinea pig on this one.

Quick Reply: Full-race's new toys