Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Full Race Turbo Kit Updates

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2007, 06:59 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Full-Race Geoff
thanks for the kind words. We have some info on our site now:

http://www.full-race.com/catalog/pro...996a66a39b8cf9

the pricing will be finalized shortly. We have redesigned the entire kit from the manifold to the downpipe to the charge pipes to the intercooler.

We are building 3 evos at the moment, one 30R, one 40R and one 42R, so while there havent been any super impressive Full-Race equipped evos yet, we will are working to make up for lost time
Mmmm.. Vertical flow intercooler..... Oh, crap, I need a towel and a cigarette

Any pricing on this (just the intercooler and piping)?
Old Jul 4, 2007, 07:09 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I love that gt42 manifold on the website.

Sean
Old Jul 4, 2007, 08:38 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by chuntington101
Geoff, is this there normal T series or the GT-K stuff??? i have seen some pic sof the GT-Ks and they look intresting! they have taller turbine blades that give a bigger sureface area for the same diamter. should help with spool and still have a good top end.

the 4088 or even 94 should be very intresting with the divider. any idea what the spool will be like?? maybe a 4094 will spool the same as a 37R????
the normal T series stuff from turbonetics is the traditional 11 blade turbine wheel with a standard T series compressor. These turbos obviously work well, but they are based on some old technology and they arent the best.

The new GTK stuff has a lot of potential, although their current "off-the-shelf" offereings are hit or miss. Some of the GTKs are absolutely SICK, others are no better than the T series they are purported to out perform. It really depends on which turbine/compressor wheels are being used. The turbo i was referring to earlier (twinscroll GT35R equivalent) isnt offered yet, but it is the identical turbine and compressor wheels as a GT35R but they've stuffed them into a turbonetics t4 CHRA such that you can easily use their Twinscroll turbine housings. The GT35R from garrett uses a T25 housing and a t4 twinscroll hsg will not fit.

the "Extended tip" you are referring to is actually on the compressor side, not the turbine, and what it does is reduce the trim #. by makeing the OD of a wheel bigger, and keeping the same minor diameter (inducer) you are effectively lowering the trim, and improving efficiency. If you look at the garrett GT stuff its all low rim, 52 trim, 56 trim, etc. If you look at the wheel thats on the 37R aka T67 wheel, its a 63 trim, so its not as efficient, requires more turbine power to drive it, and is not a GT wheel (although many ppl on this forum thinks it is lol)

I think the twinscroll 4094 might have the same "boost threshold" as a 37R, but it will spool MUCH harder, and much stronger with better throttle response due to the twinscroll. Its difficult to explain until you are used to single scroll but then drive a twinscroll setup on the same car you really notice the difference

Originally Posted by Sean@Iveytune
I love that gt42 manifold on the website.

Sean
thanks sean, wait till you see the manifold on your car! youll love it even more than on the website

Originally Posted by feldguy
I can only surmise with the twin scroll design and turbo choices, which havent led to much in the past, they have an ace up their sleeve and not by luck, but good hard number crunching and *** busting.
the truth is, twinscroll is really hard to get right. I have personally spent the last 7 years collecting every shred of info i could on how to properly design and setup twinscroll systems, from generators to cummins diesels and everything in between. One of the engineers that works at Full-Race wrote his graduate thesis on the validation of our design techniques for twinscroll turbocharged 4 cyl engines (He got an A, and the thesis is 283 pages long -- the ASU professors were so impressed with the research project they hired him, and now we have a part time engineer working for us lol) We spent weeks dyno testing, and logged over 500 dyno pulls @ 700+whp using 24 different turbo/manifold combinations, all of which had pressure transducers all over the manifold and turbine hsg to log every combustion event and correspoinding pressure wave. AFter the research project was wrapped up we have been actively redesigning every manifold/turbokit we mfg to be a true twinscroll system. Its not easy to get right, but once you do the performance gains are the most significant gains weve ever seen from any aspect of the system

Originally Posted by QuickOne
Mmmm.. Vertical flow intercooler..... Oh, crap, I need a towel and a cigarette

Any pricing on this (just the intercooler and piping)?
i think its around 1000, but you would have to ask the sales office about that, i really dont do any pricing. sorry best thing to do is to email either aaron@full-race.com or lloyd@full-race.com they are the guys to talk to

You guys dont have a shop in NJ, do you? Like I believe i mentioned, Im looking to open a shop of my own. If you are around here or will ever be, I'll work for free, seriously. Even if I had to move...LOL....but I would love to learn from you guys, even on a hobbyist basis....I know for business reasons that'd be a hard thing to do...but you guys are just so educated, I have nothing but the utmost respect..
our administrative offices are in Wall, NJ and we do a lot of work in union beach. We will be opening a shop within the next year. Im actually in NJ right now because we thought we had a location for the shop, but some things fell thru at the last minute i appreciate the offer tho, if things get serious again ill be sure to let you know

thanks guys!

Last edited by Geoff Raicer; Jul 4, 2007 at 08:40 AM.
Old Jul 4, 2007, 08:46 AM
Account Disabled

I am very interested in pricing for a turbo that will put me around 500awhp on 93. So when you guys finalize price please let me know.

Thanks

Sgt Bare
Old Jul 4, 2007, 11:00 AM
Evolved Member

Geoff, Union Beach!! I lived in Hazlet all my life. You mean Donnies shop, straight line? GTF OUTTA HERE! I used to live not even 5 minutes away and still eat at Jims Burger Haven every time Im down. If you havent tried their burgers, try them. If its still there, its been about 6 months, hahaha. Right by turbotrix in highland park is white rose, also....total fat-guy food.

If you wind up with a shop in NJ. I___WILL____WORK_____FOR____FREE. I figure thats an imposing statement, but really....I am going to either go to school or sign on for nothing or next to nothing at a shop to learn as much as I can.

I dont know nearly enough to be more than a pee on...but I want to do this so bad...if it ever comes through, please, consider giving me a call.

As far as the thesis, can I read it? I enjoy technical writing. too bad I didnt stick with my engineering degree....

Back to the manifolds...I figured you guys had something up your sleeve with the twin scroll turbo, as I said, I've read plenty about Full Race and after reading almost every post you've guys have written, i knew you couldnt just put something out that didnt have a significant edge with sound mechanics behind it. Keep up the good work, and keep in touch...

Im not a crackpot...well, not a BIG crack pot...LOL. Take care

You have to understand my situation, and Im not one of those guys whos a know it all and over enthusiastic idiot......just need something to focus on after losing my dad. Not playing the sympathy card either...just a major refocus and forcing myself to get back on the ball.

Thanks for the responses, and keep it up. Its really geeking me out the stuff you're working on. Oh yeah, sorry for pirating the thread!! Couldnt wait though..

Last edited by feldguy; Jul 4, 2007 at 11:04 AM.
Old Jul 4, 2007, 12:08 PM
Account Disabled

/\

Stalker.....
Old Jul 4, 2007, 12:54 PM
Account Disabled

This type of product development with the research u guys do, shows ur commitment to ur customers and shop to full-race and there new kits, keep us updated G,

[QUOTE=Full-Race Geoff;4504087]the normal T series stuff from turbonetics is the traditional 11 blade turbine wheel with a standard T series compressor. These turbos obviously work well, but they are based on some old technology and they arent the best.

The new GTK stuff has a lot of potential, although their current "off-the-shelf" offereings are hit or miss. Some of the GTKs are absolutely SICK, others are no better than the T series they are purported to out perform. It really depends on which turbine/compressor wheels are being used. The turbo i was referring to earlier (twinscroll GT35R equivalent) isnt offered yet, but it is the identical turbine and compressor wheels as a GT35R but they've stuffed them into a turbonetics t4 CHRA such that you can easily use their Twinscroll turbine housings. The GT35R from garrett uses a T25 housing and a t4 twinscroll hsg will not fit.

the "Extended tip" you are referring to is actually on the compressor side, not the turbine, and what it does is reduce the trim #. by makeing the OD of a wheel bigger, and keeping the same minor diameter (inducer) you are effectively lowering the trim, and improving efficiency. If you look at the garrett GT stuff its all low rim, 52 trim, 56 trim, etc. If you look at the wheel thats on the 37R aka T67 wheel, its a 63 trim, so its not as efficient, requires more turbine power to drive it, and is not a GT wheel (although many ppl on this forum thinks it is lol)

I think the twinscroll 4094 might have the same "boost threshold" as a 37R, but it will spool MUCH harder, and much stronger with better throttle response due to the twinscroll. Its difficult to explain until you are used to single scroll but then drive a twinscroll setup on the same car you really notice the difference

thanks sean, wait till you see the manifold on your car! youll love it even more than on the website

the truth is, twinscroll is really hard to get right. I have personally spent the last 7 years collecting every shred of info i could on how to properly design and setup twinscroll systems, from generators to cummins diesels and everything in between. One of the engineers that works at Full-Race wrote his graduate thesis on the validation of our design techniques for twinscroll turbocharged 4 cyl engines (He got an A, and the thesis is 283 pages long -- the ASU professors were so impressed with the research project they hired him, and now we have a part time engineer working for us lol) We spent weeks dyno testing, and logged over 500 dyno pulls @ 700+whp using 24 different turbo/manifold combinations, all of which had pressure transducers all over the manifold and turbine hsg to log every combustion event and correspoinding pressure wave. AFter the research project was wrapped up we have been actively redesigning every manifold/turbokit we mfg to be a true twinscroll system. Its not easy to get right, but once you do the performance gains are the most significant gains weve ever seen from any aspect of the system
Old Jul 4, 2007, 04:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by akunochi
/\

Stalker.....

Cute.

But no.

Havent lived around there in years, havent been in 6 months. Merely trying to solidify future contacts. Nice attempt though
Old Jul 5, 2007, 05:12 AM
Evolved Member

Geoff thanks soo much for that responce.

yeah i think i must have got mixed yup with the GT-K stuff and the newer Turbonetics F-1 wheels. its the F-i stuff thats has the thicker turbine wheels. they look god. (see here http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1725779)

and i think its very clear that you guys are trying to provied the BEST parts for people. thumbs up to you guys!

here is the ETT stuff http://www.forcedinductions.com/productsborgwarner.htm

thanks Chris.

PS. is the GT-K the same as the Borg warner stuff????
Old Jul 5, 2007, 11:10 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by akunochi
I am very interested in pricing for a turbo that will put me around 500awhp on 93. So when you guys finalize price please let me know
thanks, alot i have asked our guys to have it up on the website by the end of the week. It better be up by tomrorow!!

Geoff, Union Beach!! I lived in Hazlet all my life. You mean Donnies shop, straight line?
lol yeah don, he is a really good friend of mine. we even went to the same high school, hes one of the best mechanic's ever met in my life to boot. small world? I promise if the shop happens you will know

Originally Posted by TopLevelPerformance
This type of product development with the research u guys do, shows ur commitment to ur customers and shop
we aim to please these new designs should hpoefully change evo owner's opinions of Full-Race products, as they are a pretty new concept overall and represent "the state of the art" in turbocharging right now

Originally Posted by chuntington101
yeah i think i must have got mixed yup with the GT-K stuff and the newer Turbonetics F-1 wheels. its the F-i stuff thats has the thicker turbine wheels. they look god. (see here http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1725779)

and i think its very clear that you guys are trying to provied the BEST parts for people. thumbs up to you guys!

here is the ETT stuff http://www.forcedinductions.com/productsborgwarner.htm
PS. is the GT-K the same as the Borg warner stuff????
The F1 turbine wheels are turbonetics' latest 10 bladed turbine wheel design. It is essentially a Garrett GT-R style turbine wheel, but with a larger shaft and more material at the base of the turbine wheel and thicker blades. I have some detailed pics of this if you would like to see. The end result is that the wheel/shaft are slightly heavier only at the ID (where it doesnt affect the polar moment of inertia much) and quite a bit stronger.

The GTK turbos use F1 turbine wheels with various compressor wheels. Some wheels are the "HP" T series stuff with an extended tip, other wheels are almost identical to the garrett gt-r 6 bladed compressors. I personally cant make any solid recommendations yet, but I think their T4 GT35R will be an excellent combination

the info on that corvette forum is not accurate, i wouldnt really pay attention to it.

extended tip technology is what turbonetics calls their "super T" series or their "HP" compressors. basically a lower trim compressor due to the larger exducer

BW compressor wheels are 7 bladed and their turbine wheels are 11 bladed. the Garrett GTR and turbonetics F1 stuff is all 6 blade compressor and 10 blade turbine...
Old Jul 5, 2007, 04:29 PM
Evolved Member

Cool. What HS did you go to? No big deal, just a crazy small world. I know Don from a brief acquaintance, just once....he used to work at Phillies gas...

Anyways, let me know, keep me posted. Take care
Old Jul 5, 2007, 04:51 PM
Account Disabled

we went to high tech high, it was a school for future engineering dorks and computer nerds lol. my graduating class had 26 ppl in it. the cool thing was that we worked at an engineering firm 2 days a week and had school 3 days a week
Old Jul 5, 2007, 04:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Full-Race Geoff
we went to high tech high, it was a school for future engineering dorks and computer nerds lol. my graduating class had 26 ppl in it. the cool thing was that we worked at an engineering firm 2 days a week and had school 3 days a week
pm'ed ya back
Old Jul 5, 2007, 11:58 PM
Evolved Member

Geoff, you are a mass if great information! lol

yeah any info you could give would be great, thanks.

so lets say you didn't want to use a garrett turbos, what turbos would you go with???

just trying to see what else is out there. garrett can have everything their own way or they wont make any better stuff!

thanks Chris.
Old Jul 6, 2007, 10:31 PM
Evolved Member

Thats really cool. I didn't realize Don had gone to tech high. I am good friends with a guy he used to work with I believe, Kieth a.k.a Keef. Keef just graduated from NJIT and is working at McGuire on the linear induction launch system for the GHW Bush carrier, hes a guy that scares me with how smart he is. Crazy....really crazy, but intelligent.

I didn't mean to come across so cheesy, but I really wanted to get the point across that if the opportunity arises, I am willing to do whatever it takes (now now, no same sex insinuations there) to become a part of the tuning and development business. Whether it be start my own place from the ground up or sweep the floors at a well established shop, I will. Reason I haven't done it before? Well...complacency.

I was at Brookdale for two years studying engineering, Autocadd and some automotive classes. I worked for Costco and was offered a job making (for a 18 year old) quite a bit of money. I wanted stuff (a zx12r an evo and a boat and an apartment in metuchen) and sacrificed my education for the almighty dollar.

My father was disappointed...and now I've lost the opportunity to show him that I'm not a f*ck up and I am going to be the best at something that makes me happy.

So thats the reason behind all the intensity. I've really just coasted through life and the revelation that I had when he died really woke me up.

So somewhere along the line if we cross paths and there is something I can jump onto and be a part of, that'd be sacred to me. But if not, I just wanted to throw in there a thanks for at least entertaining the idea or humoring me, and its as of yet been a pleasure to make your acquaintance and a real trip that the world is so small.

Keep up the good work. I checked out the other post "new toys" and that dynograph is unbelievable...actually, thats a bad word to use...its shocking!

The fact that you got the turbo to spool that much quicker just brings in so much power, so much faster....Like I said in the other thread, if you're attending the 25th at E-Town I'd like to come down and see what you've got in there, as well as meet face to face and BS a bit about some of the particulars of that setup. Truely awesome.