Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Full Race Turbo Kit Updates

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2007, 09:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Full Race Turbo Kit Updates

Read: I do not own a Full Race Kit.

I am interested in one for a new project, and I am curious who has one on a long term project and was curious how well the manifold and associated parts are holding up. I searched and found little.
Old Jul 1, 2007, 10:03 AM
Account Disabled

full-race has been around for a while and makes some of the highest quality kits around.you have absolutely no worries if you buy a kit.
Old Jul 1, 2007, 10:11 AM
Evolved Member

I understand that they are great, just want to see what type of results over a long term people are having.

As a matter of fact, anyone whos running a tube manifold with high mileage and no problems I'd like to hear about.
Old Jul 1, 2007, 07:17 PM
Evolved Member

Please go to my link in my sig. I have the fullrace kit stage 3 GT35r on my evo. BTW please leave a comment if you like what you see.
Old Jul 1, 2007, 08:07 PM
Evolved Member

wow man, good luck with that! Has it run yet?

Cryo treating...for the tranny, let me know how that works out. Check out Full Races site (there is another link on another thread) new twin scroll turbo setup with a variety of gt30,35 40(hmmm not nany good results) and a big 42 i think. Just what Im looking for. Let me know how the manifold holds up
Old Jul 3, 2007, 08:08 AM
Account Disabled

thanks for your interest... if you are considering a full-race kit, hang on for 2-3 more weeks, we have some pretty big stuff in store for evos.

the official release is scheduled to be August 25th at Englishtown for the Evo VS WRX/STI race, but there will be plenty of info long before that.
Old Jul 3, 2007, 10:36 AM
Evolved Member

Hey Geoff, thanks for replying. Dont think I didnt have faith in the company...out of the three or four top manufacturers that make good manifolds (Buschur, AMS and a couple others) you guys I believe take the most engineered approach.

Care to hint about whats going on, or do I have to be patient?

Also, where's the project car? I think with the stuff you've got on the shelf already, and whats in store for the twin scroll gt40 setup, I'd love to see what you can dish out to the other tuners......lets see it man!

Im from Hazlet, about 30 minutes outside E-Town, right past matawan. I'll be there, Evo less, but I'll be there!

Im planning on opening a shop in NJ within the next year after finances get settled...so I wonder if you guys have vendor setups. Merely for the sake of getting the best kits on the market, profit wouldnt be an issue as I hope to have a dyno setup almost immiediately...take care, keep up the good work!

Last edited by feldguy; Jul 3, 2007 at 10:39 AM.
Old Jul 3, 2007, 01:52 PM
Account Disabled

thanks for the kind words. We have some info on our site now:

http://www.full-race.com/catalog/pro...996a66a39b8cf9

the pricing will be finalized shortly. We have redesigned the entire kit from the manifold to the downpipe to the charge pipes to the intercooler.

We are building 3 evos at the moment, one 30R, one 40R and one 42R, so while there havent been any super impressive Full-Race equipped evos yet, we will are working to make up for lost time
Old Jul 3, 2007, 02:06 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Full-Race Geoff
We are building 3 evos at the moment, one 30R, one 40R and one 42R, so while there havent been any super impressive Full-Race equipped evos yet, we will are working to make up for lost time

What about a 35R or are the 35R twin scroll housing still not available?

Also off topic question, but you have tried the new Tial housings for a 35R yet?
Old Jul 3, 2007, 02:10 PM
Evolved Member

the pricing will be finalized shortly. We have redesigned the entire kit from the manifold to the downpipe to the charge pipes to the intercooler.

What's the pricing going to look like for the new twin-scroll kits?
Old Jul 3, 2007, 02:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Big Boost
What about a 35R or are the 35R twin scroll housing still not available?

Also off topic question, but you have tried the new Tial housings for a 35R yet?

very good post. a 35r twin scroll would be off the hook.
Old Jul 3, 2007, 03:28 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Big Boost
What about a 35R or are the 35R twin scroll housing still not available? Also off topic question, but you have tried the new Tial housings for a 35R yet?
unfortunately the Twinscroll GT35R housings are just about impossible to get at the moment. Garrett has told us we can expect the housings sometime in 2008, but right now there are none in north america, and a very small amount internationally. We can get them, but its takes a while, its expensive and its a big hassle.

Turbonetics has just built us a custom turbo that is effectively a T4 twinscroll GT35R with a proper t4 twinscroll turbine housing. I just got two slightly different variants in and to be honest im impressed. Unforutnately I have not had any time to test this turbo out, but we will test as soon as we can

Originally Posted by SRT-TO-EVO
What's the pricing going to look like for the new twin-scroll kits?
the twinscroll kits are slightly more expensive than our single scroll kits due to the complex manifold design and the addition of another wastegate. I do not handle any sales or pricing, only engineering/tech/r&d. for all pricing questions please contact our sales office at 866 FULL RACE or email at sales@full-race.com

all pricing will be on our website shortly, we just dont want to have to change it once it is posted.

Originally Posted by evodan2004
very good post. a 35r twin scroll would be off the hook.
i think the twinscroll 4088R is the one thats gonna be off the hook
Old Jul 3, 2007, 09:34 PM
Evolved Member

You guys dont have a shop in NJ, do you?

Like I believe i mentioned, Im looking to open a shop of my own. If you are around here or will ever be, I'll work for free, seriously. Even if I had to move...LOL....but I would love to learn from you guys, even on a hobbyist basis....I know for business reasons that'd be a hard thing to do...but you guys are just so educated, I have nothing but the utmost respect..

keep me posted and I look forward to meeting you guys when you're in NJ
Old Jul 3, 2007, 11:49 PM
Evolved Member

Turbonetics has just built us a custom turbo that is effectively a T4 twinscroll GT35R with a proper t4 twinscroll turbine housing. I just got two slightly different variants in and to be honest im impressed. Unforutnately I have not had any time to test this turbo out, but we will test as soon as we can

Geoff, is this there normal T series or the GT-K stuff??? i have seen some pic sof the GT-Ks and they look intresting! they have taller turbine blades that give a bigger sureface area for the same diamter. should help with spool and still have a good top end.

the 4088 or even 94 should be very intresting with the divider. any idea what the spool will be like?? maybe a 4094 will spool the same as a 37R????

thanks Chris.
Old Jul 4, 2007, 05:16 AM
Evolved Member

Chun, I rationalized it this way, if you'll hear me (lots of people wont on here, thats why I asked).

Dave Buschur is both and expert and quite trustworthy when it comes to his testing and research. Remember the test that he did with all the manifolds, RnR's, Full Races, His own etc etc just to prove that a ported and flowed stock manifold can do just as well. At the horsepower numbers he was shooting for, IIRC, the full race manifold was the only manifold to make MORE power......

Considering the background of the guys at Full Race, I'd say thats a testament to go against the 4g63 guru and have positive results.

Considering all this, I don't believe on any scale that these guys would button up a turbo kit that appealed to the masses without it being damn near bulletproof and having something impressive and a major improvement in store.

This has been done with other manufacturers....but...um, we all know what happens to places like Boost Solutions, or BS like I like to call them or dare I bring up Rob n Run....

I can only surmise with the twin scroll design and turbo choices, which havent led to much in the past, they have an ace up their sleeve and not by luck, but good hard number crunching and *** busting.

As for the turbos, I could have sworn the GTK stuff was from turbonetics....I dont know enough about them, so if you'd share your info that'd be awesome.

A twin scroll GT35R.....on a 2.3 litre motor I can only imagine.....