Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Aquamist Large Pump Meth Kit - review and tuning notes

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2007, 10:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
good review Al. I knew this kit was off the hook as soon as I unopened the box. I would say it makes other kits obsolete. Thats how much better by design this kit is. its just one of those things where you have to bite the bullet and pay the extra to get the best. in this case its worth every penny the extra cost.
Old Jul 13, 2007, 10:35 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 94AWDcoupe
good review Al. I knew this kit was off the hook as soon as I unopened the box. I would say it makes other kits obsolete. Thats how much better by design this kit is. its just one of those things where you have to bite the bullet and pay the extra to get the best. in this case its worth every penny the extra cost.
I concur 100% - it simply IS just THAT much superior to the other offerings available

If you want the best - aquamist is the only decision
Old Jul 15, 2007, 11:19 PM
Account Disabled

[I just added the lower boost dyno sharts showing that you onlylosse a few whp with loer more rational street boost levels of 25 psi - car was running great after a few days on the road

AlQUOTE=DynoFlash;4525857]Big props top Richard L from Aquamist for giving me world class tech support and help with the install and confiuration of the Aquamist large sureflow pump meth injection system

Name:  aquamist1.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  80.3 KB

The amazing thing about this system is how much superior it is to a progressive boost based injection system

This kit uses injector duty cycle to refrence as load for the alchy injection so you get a totally linear smooth furl map and its very easy to tune

Bascially this is the best kit I have seen or worked with to date - I give it ten thumbs up

Low level indicator and adjustable fail safes complete the package - I loved thing this amazing unit

Bear in mind its a $900 product and it will take at least 4 - 5 hours to properly install

The car in question here is a Evo IX with a 20g turbo and cams regular Buschur Stage III mods etc

The stock Evo IX bov was leaking over 26 psi so we crashed it slightly and the boost came up a bit - this was as far as we could go until the customer gets the Forge RS adjustable bov

I love the aqua mist

Name:  aquamist2.jpg
Size:  75.0 KB

Name:  aquqmist3.jpg
Size:  77.8 KB

I just wanted to add some new data - the customer came back for some test pulls with 5 psi less peak boost and you can see that alothough the tq is significantly lower the whp is almost the same and thios is with 5 psi less

The car was running real good on its return to the dyno for a check up

Name:  25psimethguy.jpg
Size:  49.9 KB

Name:  methguy25opsiboost.jpg
Size:  48.3 KB[/QUOTE]
Old Jul 15, 2007, 11:27 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DynoFlash
I concur 100% - it simply IS just THAT much superior to the other offerings available

If you want the best - aquamist is the only decision
One quick question on this kit vs the Buschur SMC kit what is the method of routing the alky lines from the the trunk as well as what do you wire the motor to?
Old Jul 16, 2007, 08:27 AM
Evolved Member

You can run the lines how ever you like. Either under the car along side the factory brakes lines or in the car under the door sills, or any other way you want.

The pump is wired to the battery for its main power source, but is also wired to the junction box (the brains of the kit) which turns the pump on and off amongst other things.
Old Jul 16, 2007, 02:51 PM
Evolved Member

I assume the plastic line is pretty strong, but I have seen shops tell people that under the car is a wrong install. The SMC lines are braided and run under the car any thoughts on the effect of under the car on the Aquamist lines? I would assume that if you ran them under the car with the brake lines that the brake lines would break first. IMHO!!

Thoughts?
Old Jul 16, 2007, 06:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Al thanks for the write up, what I'm wondering is what extra did you have to pick up yourself to actually install the kit?
Old Jul 17, 2007, 06:11 AM
Evolved Member

You can run the hose outside the car and I would think it would be ok. I personally ran mine inside the car under the door sill. If you want you can run it outside and you can run the plastic line inside rubber fuel line for added protection.
Old Jul 27, 2007, 10:47 AM
Evolved Member

I cant wait to get some money for the new system...its plain sick!