Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

ETS Manifold Vs full Race

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2007, 02:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Full-Race and ETS are both very respectable companies. Either one will be more than enough! Good luck.
Old Sep 4, 2007, 03:00 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 59 Likes on 45 Posts
Originally Posted by MRevolutionRed
for one ams did a test of the twin scroll manifold against the open scroll and they didnt lose any spoolup and made more power with the open scroll(look in the AMS forum on here you will find it).
And since you obviously haven't followed the discussion, it was noted in plain English that the test was flawed for multiple reasons. It's a prime example of how things can become easily overlooked and conclusions prematurely drawn with insufficient study. As one can see, it can happen to even the most experienced.

two of my buddies with the same exact mods and both have 35r's with the same A/R's. one is twin scroll and the other open scroll.
And that represents a profound issue right there, as TS and open scroll housings are incomparable A/R to A/R. This is a huge source of error, and is something that needs to be understood if TS is going to be properly configured. It is no wonder why your buddy was down on power (except to those who don't know these things). Rest assured I had to learn these things too, and the only 'shortcut' is to know the few who have performed sufficient testing. I was skeptical too at first, but not anymore.

Ted B, you need to support you claim by showing some results that shows proof that the "twin scroll" makes more power or quicker spoolup.
Even if there were no power advantage and the peak power levels of the two were equal, the difference TS makes in transient response and every other phase of driving is so obvious that a blind man would see it. These things are beyond the capability of a dyno to show, but are obvious from behind the wheel.

As far as me 'having to prove', rest assured I don't have to prove a darn thing to anyone but myself. By reporting my observations to you, I am doing you a favor. If you don't believe me, that makes no difference to me. You'll hear the same observations from others, as they get the chance to drive a TS car that is properly configured, properly tuned. Just ask Sean Ivey.

Last edited by Ted B; Sep 4, 2007 at 03:17 AM.
Old Sep 4, 2007, 03:00 AM
Evolving Member

subscribed
Old Sep 4, 2007, 04:28 AM
Evolved Member

+ for Ted B. Anyway guys, here's a quick question, a little off topic. With all this talk about how a 40r will spool as close to a 35r, will you need to have a fully built block to run the 40r? Or will a stock block w/say headstuds, springs, retainers, rods, and pistons be sufficient? I'm in a stump at the moment waiting on results from the Full Race kits, and want to do the whole kit right first time around. I plan on getting one of these TS kits either this winter or spring and was leaning for either the 37r or 40r w/out touching the block as much as possible. Either ETS or Full Race will do for me. Oh either manifold is rock solid in my opinion. Can't beat a lifetime warrenty
Old Sep 4, 2007, 07:33 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 233 Likes on 159 Posts
Originally Posted by Ted B

Even if there were no power advantage and the peak power levels of the two were equal, the difference TS makes in transient response and every other phase of driving is so obvious that a blind man would see it. These things are beyond the capability of a dyno to show, but are obvious from behind the wheel.

I have heard that in using a twin scroll setup, some top end would be sacrificed. I plan on going 2.3 and i was considering going twin scroll. My tuner says that due to the increased displacement my midrange will be all right and i should concentrate on top end and go with a standard T3 flange. I want to run a 30r BTW
Old Sep 4, 2007, 10:28 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by V.8MR
I have heard that in using a twin scroll setup, some top end would be sacrificed. I plan on going 2.3 and i was considering going twin scroll. My tuner says that due to the increased displacement my midrange will be all right and i should concentrate on top end and go with a standard T3 flange. I want to run a 30r BTW
I wonder how much top end one of our other members is sacrificing in his TS, 1000+whp EVO? ... and he isn't even using the largest available housing (yet).

If there is a sacrifice in top end power, it hasn't been evident to this point so long as the proper size housing is selected. If I were you, I'd opt for one of Drifto's 1.06 A/R TS T3 hotsides for your 30R and your 2.3. I wouldn't even think about it twice.
Old Sep 4, 2007, 02:19 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 233 Likes on 159 Posts
Originally Posted by Ted B
I wonder how much top end one of our other members is sacrificing in his TS, 1000+whp EVO? ... and he isn't even using the largest available housing (yet).

If there is a sacrifice in top end power, it hasn't been evident to this point so long as the proper size housing is selected. If I were you, I'd opt for one of Drifto's 1.06 A/R TS T3 hotsides for your 30R and your 2.3. I wouldn't even think about it twice.
Thanx for your response. I didn't mean to say that i knew it sacrificed top end, rather that i heard, so im not sure why you were sarcastic at first. Though i appreciate and value your input, and i think i will take a look at Drifto's 30r. Thanx again.
Old Sep 4, 2007, 07:41 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Evo IX MR
Full-Race and ETS are both very respectable companies. Either one will be more than enough! Good luck.

I have dealt with Full-Race and Geoff for many years now. They're a top notch company in this industry. Geoff helped me out a lot years ago. Great guy

I'm sure ETS is a great company and make great products from what I have read and seen
Old Sep 4, 2007, 11:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So uhm what about those manifolds??
Old Sep 4, 2007, 11:12 PM
Evolving Member

Full Race has always been the creme de la creme as far as quality parts for the imports that they cater to. Their parts are EXPENSIVE, but are top quality. Not to put ETS down as they seem to be on the up and up. I would'nt hesitate to purchase from anyone of these vendors. If I had the money the Full Race manifold would be the way to go.
Old Sep 4, 2007, 11:12 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by V.8MR
Thanx for your response. I didn't mean to say that i knew it sacrificed top end, rather that i heard, so im not sure why you were sarcastic at first. Though i appreciate and value your input, and i think i will take a look at Drifto's 30r. Thanx again.
Pardon, I didn't mean that to come across sarcastically, and FWIW, we've all heard the same thing. I was only using that example to illustrate the point, and it was intended to be a bit tongue-in-cheek.
Old Dec 16, 2008, 10:44 PM
Evolving Member

Can't go wrong with either. I plan on buying an ets twin scroll 40r but be sure to talk to the experts at ets for proper a/r housings!
Old Dec 16, 2008, 10:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts
uh.... why'd you bring this back from the dead?
Old Dec 16, 2008, 10:54 PM
Evolved Member

I vote ETS great quality at a good price and you cant beat their customer service.
Old Dec 17, 2008, 05:52 AM
Former Sponsor

Don't forget me!

Quick Reply: ETS Manifold Vs full Race