Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Full Race Vertical Flow Intercooler Review

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2007, 03:34 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Cast end tanks! Cast end tanks! Cast end tanks! Cast end tanks! Cast end tanks! Cast end tanks!Cast end tanks! Cast end tanks!Cast end tanks! Cast end tanks!Cast end tanks! Cast end tanks!Cast end tanks! Cast end tanks!Cast end tanks! Cast end tanks!Cast end tanks! Cast end tanks!Cast end tanks! Cast end tanks!Cast end tanks! Cast end tanks!Cast end tanks! Cast end tanks!Cast end tanks! Cast end tanks!Cast end tanks! Cast end tanks!Cast end tanks! Cast end tanks!Cast end tanks! Cast end tanks!Cast end tanks! Cast end tanks!Cast end tanks! Cast end tanks!Cast end tanks! Cast end tanks!Cast end tanks! Cast end tanks!Cast end tanks! Cast end tanks!Cast end tanks! Cast end tanks!Cast end tanks! Cast end tanks!Cast end tanks! Cast end tanks!Cast end tanks! Cast end tanks!Cast end tanks! Cast end tanks!Cast end tanks! Cast end tanks!Cast end tanks! Cast end tanks!Cast end tanks! Cast end tanks!Cast end tanks! Cast end tanks!Cast end tanks! Cast end tanks!Cast end tanks! Cast end tanks!Cast end tanks! Cast end tanks!Cast end tanks! Cast end tanks!Cast end tanks! Cast end tanks!Cast end tanks! Cast end tanks!Cast end tanks! Cast end tanks!Cast end tanks!
Old Oct 29, 2007, 08:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think he wants CAST END TANKS
Old Oct 29, 2007, 08:48 PM
Former Sponsor

Sorry, I got excited
Old Oct 29, 2007, 10:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vertical Flow Intercooler looks Bad AZZZZZZ
Old Oct 30, 2007, 12:56 AM
Evolving Member

good thread.
Old Oct 30, 2007, 01:40 AM

Ooh. Black finish... stealth intercooler? Hope its on the 2008 revision... Keep me updated. I'm definitely interested.
Old Oct 30, 2007, 03:00 AM
Evolving Member

I have a black vertical flow - they took pictures of it in the raw for the website shots. They took some newer pictures for Sema or I could take a shot for you if you want. I have black powdercoated intercooler piping, intake tube and beatrush undertray, black anodized intercooler, black HPC coated manifold, donwpipe and dumptubes and black tial wastegates. It's kinda of stealth
Old Oct 30, 2007, 09:52 AM
Former Sponsor

Unless you get your IC coated with a heat emitting coating in black, you are doing yourself a disservice
Old Oct 30, 2007, 10:18 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Max Power
I have a black vertical flow - they took pictures of it in the raw for the website shots. They took some newer pictures for Sema or I could take a shot for you if you want. I have black powdercoated intercooler piping, intake tube and beatrush undertray, black anodized intercooler, black HPC coated manifold, donwpipe and dumptubes and black tial wastegates. It's kinda of stealth
Want to post some pics?
Old Oct 30, 2007, 10:37 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by atlvalet
Unless you get your IC coated with a heat emitting coating in black, you are doing yourself a disservice
Thanks for the heads up but I know. Here's info on the coating. HPC is local to us.

http://www.full-race.com/catalog/pro...bdcdefc4915bfe

I'll try and get some pictures up for you. The guys took some higher resolution shots for sema so I think they'll have those available somewhere online. I'm still finalizing my tune (had some boost control issues due to wanting to use the factory bcs - now running a gm 3 port and stiffer wastegate springs so I should be good).
Old Nov 4, 2007, 05:35 PM

any updates? any pics from sema?
Old Nov 4, 2007, 09:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is very similar to one I built for my car. I still used the pipe that made the 180* around the rad. I figured it was smoother than the flow having to make the abrupt 90* into the tank. The vertical flow is ideal as most of the heat transfer takes place within the first 6" of tube anyway. I used a 20"x7"x3" bar and plate core w/ .375" ambient passages @12fpi and .25" charge tubes @ 10 fpi. The throttle responce and spool up was very noticable! The core itself was rated at 1160 CFM @ 1psi delta p @ 10psig. I don't know how the stock core is rated, but I'm sure its at least 3x that, esp with the tiny charge tubes.
Old Nov 4, 2007, 09:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by atlvalet

anodizing or alodining does not hinder the cores performance in terms of heat transfer. We've been doing it for years.
Old Nov 5, 2007, 12:34 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Charles B.
Updates on the intercooler or the kit? I believe there are some pics on ifarted's thread in Evo General - I know there's one pic with Geoff in there

As far as the kit, after doing my boost control mods (GM Solenoid and higher wastegate spring pressure), I'm hitting 21.5 psi (which is my new base boost with 0 wgdc! - lol, guess I put too much spring ) at 37xx rpm - this is via datalogging with a JDM map sensor. The car is not fully tuned yet, but hopefully this week I'll have some 101 octane data at 25/26 psi.
Old Nov 5, 2007, 05:25 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Charles B.

Originally Posted by Kc2Buk
Vertical Flow Intercooler looks Bad AZZZZZZ
thanks glad you like it

Originally Posted by Heshan
Ooh. Black finish... stealth intercooler? Hope its on the 2008 revision... Keep me updated. I'm definitely interested.
black finish ICs are available, its simply a special order. As long as it is a properly done anodizing it will only help with heat transfer

Originally Posted by Max Power
you should post some pics

Quick Reply: Full Race Vertical Flow Intercooler Review