Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2007 | 03:05 AM
Evolving Member

exhaust?

as far as performance wise does anyone know how the ebay or megan racing brand tbe and headers compare to more expensive name brand exhausts
Old Jul 29, 2007 | 03:09 AM
Evolved Member

Piping is piping man. The Megan exhaust products are very good and they sound badass too. Best bang for the buck exhaust system IMO. I wouldn't get their headers though, because their tubular headers tend to crack. Just port your stock manifold.
Old Jul 29, 2007 | 04:16 AM
Evolved Member

what he said ^. I can tell you first hand that the Megan TBE sounds badass. Full 3in inner piping all the way. Very deep purr and not raspy. A bit loud while WOT though. At 80mph it drones a slight bit, but can still carry on a conversation in a normal talking voice. Can be had for around $600. Stay away from the Megan headers. Although it is cheap, it will eventually discolor and there is a possibility that it may crack. Just keep the stocker and port & coat it.
Old Jul 29, 2007 | 05:17 AM
Evolved Member

porting the stock mani is the best bang for the buck
Old Jul 29, 2007 | 10:26 AM
Evolved Member

Yep, and it won't crack either!
Old Jul 29, 2007 | 10:36 AM
Evolving Member

+1
Old Jul 29, 2007 | 10:37 AM
Evolved Member

The Megan definitely does not sound "badass," but it performs decently, fits well, and is reliable. It's also pretty heavy, but for the price, it's a good choice. The header is a very poor choice, though.

Interestingly, all of this information has been discussed countless times previously. Please learn to use the search engine and the newbie forum.
Old Jul 29, 2007 | 10:46 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
The Megan definitely does not sound "badass," but it performs decently, fits well, and is reliable. It's also pretty heavy, but for the price, it's a good choice. The header is a very poor choice, though.

Interestingly, all of this information has been discussed countless times previously. Please learn to use the search engine and the newbie forum.
warr your being too nice
Old Jul 29, 2007 | 10:53 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TeKiZeRo
Piping is piping man. The Megan exhaust products are very good and they sound badass too. Best bang for the buck exhaust system IMO. I wouldn't get their headers though, because their tubular headers tend to crack. Just port your stock manifold.

Best advice you're going to get. BTW I just got the new V2 Megan Downpipe, (no flex section) and it fits perfectly with the ACD and everything. No rubbing. Also, I dont know who else does this, but at Buschurracing you can get your exhaust mani and o2 housing ported and jet coated. They also have a great stainless o2 housing .
Old Jul 29, 2007 | 11:53 AM

http://www.vrsexhaust.com/VRS_CAT-BA...ubishi_cb.html
their exhaust are pretty good..
Old Jul 29, 2007 | 12:38 PM
Evolved Member

well coming from the world of LS1's and SBC's i can tell u now that there is not one exhaust that sounds good on an evo. a stock evo sounds like *** to. in fact evo's just sound like *** no matter what u do. my wifes durango 5.9L with a flowmaster 50 series on it sounds a ton better.

so get a full 3" exhaust that fits good/well made.

that being said, i have a megan TBE and have been very happy with it. its a quality piece, and performs just as good as exhausts that cost twice as much.

also, i think out of the ****ty sounds that evo's do make, i think megan is pretty good. its not raspy atleast.

ive had mine for 2 years and its still is in perfect condition. i recently installed some new mods that required i drop some exhaust components, and the flanges/piping are holding up very well.

i agree with the others have said regarding the tubular manifold. i would port and coat the stock mani. u can buy them used off this forum for 50 bucks and have it sent out, so u have no down time.