Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

*NEW* ETS 57 trim turbo kit

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2007, 03:07 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
*NEW* ETS 57 trim turbo kit

So my car was the car ETS used for development of this kit and it is finally done. I decided to get the initial tune done with E85 to make the most of this kit on "pump" gas. Anyways the tune is not quite done, but should be by the end of Monday. I was able to take it to the track but because the tune wasn't finished I only managed to get a best trap of 119.5mph. As of right now its safe to say that the kit is limited with me only having 1 intake walbro 255 with the E85. So another inline pump is needed to get enough fuel for the 1200cc injectors. So far though my first impressions are very good about the kit. Spoolup is only 400-500 slower than stock and it pulls very hard once it reaches full boost. Another thing that I noticed is that once it hits 6k another boost of power just pulls the car to redline so fast its crazy. I am definitlely looking forward to the completed tune and adding another inline fuel pump.

Mods:
2006 Evo IX SE
ETS 57 trim kit (3" dp, tial 38mm, intake, manifold)
ETS 3.5" FMIC and pipes
English Racing 3" catback
ACT sprung 6 puck with stock pp
walbro 255
RC 1200cc injectors
Greddy EBC set to 25.5 psi
E85, tuned by Lucas English

Once I get the tune down, I will update the review and hopefully get some good numbers to show

pics:

Last edited by uglyevo; Aug 4, 2007 at 05:01 PM.
Old Aug 4, 2007, 03:13 PM
Evolved Member

stock ecu??
Old Aug 4, 2007, 03:20 PM
Evolved Member

^^yes he is running a stock ecu.

Nice of you to put up the review. I will also post my ETS 57-trim review with Dyno # soon as i get it back from Lucas. How is that clutch working out for you?? That's what i am doing too. Any lockouts in higher RPMs? Thanks man.
Old Aug 4, 2007, 03:24 PM
Evolved Member

I'm glad you posted, congrats on the power. I'm hoping I put down over 500 on pump/meth with the 57. but i'm still indecisive 57 or 60 trim. Hopefully more results surface from this kit.
Old Aug 4, 2007, 03:25 PM
Evolved Member

wow! how does it drive with those 1200 injectors??
Old Aug 4, 2007, 03:28 PM
Evolved Member

What boost where you running. Any dyno graph?? 400 seems low for a 50+ trim. Did you dyno with the stock turbo at the same dyno and if so what bumbers did you put down for comparison? If you only trapped 1 mph faster than a stock 9 turbo maybe I should just get one of those
Old Aug 4, 2007, 03:32 PM
Evolving Member

sounds intriguing.
Old Aug 4, 2007, 03:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Duby
What boost where you running. Any dyno graph?? 400 seems low for a 50+ trim. Did you dyno with the stock turbo at the same dyno and if so what bumbers did you put down for comparison? If you only trapped 1 mph faster than a stock 9 turbo maybe I should just get one of those
if you read his post, he clearly states that he was at 25.5 psi. where did you get 400??. He has not even gotten this dynoed yet. He says the turbo spools 400-500rpms later, not 400whp. This turbo is capable of hitting 420+on pump and hit 500+whp on race gas. Also, he said he has not gotten it completely tuned yet and after he does, he will update with #.

Last edited by SickSilverNLow; Aug 4, 2007 at 03:35 PM.
Old Aug 4, 2007, 03:41 PM
Evolving Member

Yes the trap is low compared to where I should be over the stock turbo. However is apparent that I already said I was running out of fuel, and the tune was not finished either. Also I might add that the clutch is slipping a little bit.

No dyno graphs at this time since there is no point with an unfinished tune.

drives just fine with the 1200's, was also working on a gas tune for the car before the laptop broke and we had to switch to another so the map was lost.
Old Aug 4, 2007, 03:44 PM
Evolved Member

English Racing has a cat-back? How does that sound?
Old Aug 4, 2007, 03:46 PM
Evolved Member

so...that clutch is not being able to hold the power output? Are you thinking about Exedy twin? Are you gonna run some cams?
Old Aug 4, 2007, 03:51 PM
Evolving Member

English racing does custom 3" TBE's and I had one on originally, but the kit came with a new dp, so I just put the two together. The sound is deep and moderately loud. I love it, but the stock stereo doesn't

no cams this year as I already spent enough money, and the clutch I put in was used and is on the stock pp, and of course I slipped it too much on one of the launches using the pro tree. I may be able to smooth it out with some normal shifting and it could be good to go again for the next drag day
Old Aug 4, 2007, 04:08 PM
Evolved Member

haha...spending too much money, don't they grow on trees . I have a buddy how will be selling his GSC cams here soon and i could probably hook you up. i know cams would make a good amount difference.

As far as the clutch goes i am gonna get the same clutch as you are and talking to Lucas he said it good enough to hold power and should be very happy with it, i just wanted to get first hand review from a person who actually had the set up Lucas wants me to get.
Old Aug 4, 2007, 04:15 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Man am I undecided between the ets and buschur kits. damn!
Old Aug 4, 2007, 04:19 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 1killertsi
Man am I undecided between the ets and buschur kits. damn!

just wait till I get the tune done and can give my final review.

After spending some time driving above 6k I now know that cams will be a must have to really make use of this turbo up top. I can't believe how hard it pulls. Gotta love the Mivec

Quick Reply: *NEW* ETS 57 trim turbo kit