Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Defi Gauge Sensor Question

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2007, 12:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Defi Gauge Sensor Question

Quick question. I broke the probe for my Defi D EGT gauge. I want a new one. Are the sensors for all Defi Gauges the same? IE: Defi Blue Racer, Defi D, Defi BF, etc. Or do they all use different sensors? They no longer make Defi D gauges, and the price of a probe alone is as much as the gauge almost. Thanks for the help.
Old Aug 5, 2007, 12:54 PM
Evolved Member

I am in the same boat. I posted threads with no concrete response. I went to the Defi homepage. They still have part #'s listed for all the D-guage sensors. They do cost a schitload though. I need the oil pressure sensor. $160 I think it listed for. If I didn't like the D-guages so much I'd buy a new guage. Maybee someone will chime in w/ a better deal.
Old Aug 5, 2007, 12:59 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah, I'm on the defi homepage now. The prices are insane. I'm better off just buying a new gauge I guess. I'll just use the probe and try to sell the gauge part. As long as the sensors are the same. I only see one single EGT sensor part number, so I guess they're all the same.

http://www.defi-shop.com/parts/parts_top.html
Old Aug 5, 2007, 01:03 PM
Evolved Member

What broke exactly? And if your going for new guages, and are sitting on a defi D-guage oil pressure.---I'm in. JK try e guages .com. they might have better prices.
Old Aug 5, 2007, 01:12 PM
Evolved Member

Cool, thanks man. Actually, what happened was I was doing a hotside, O2 housing, and ported manifold install. Well, my manifold was tapped for 1/8 NPT and the new one was tapped for 1/8 BSPT. It's a difference of only like 1 thread per inch, but enough to not work. Anyhow, I had to remove the probe from the old fitting (1/8 NPT) for use in a new fitting (1/8 BSPT). The probe did not want to come out of the old fitting. I still never even got it out. All I did was ruin the whole thing.
Old Aug 5, 2007, 01:21 PM
Evolved Member

So the probe is in tact? Just stripped the nut? If so spray some "AEROKROIL" on it let it set. Some BF channel locks, and try again. Stainless Galls like a B!+ch when threading into steel. That Aerokroil is amazing stuff, it might have a chance.