Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Extreme Turbo Systems - T3 50 trim, 57 trim, 58mm, 60mm, 35R, 67mm Turbo Kit Release!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2007, 09:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All i gotta say is...................E T S For The Mother Fu*kin Win .

Last edited by SickSilverNLow; Aug 9, 2007 at 03:31 PM.
Old Aug 8, 2007, 09:07 PM
Evolving Member

hrm.. the 02 bung seems to be all the way down on the downpipe? do we need to extend our 02 sensor or is the pic wrong?
Old Aug 8, 2007, 09:33 PM
Former Sponsor

I see there is no flex section or provisions for movement on the down pipe. Curious as to what your thoughts were on engine movement and the effects on the header / down pipe? Turbo support bracket? What kind of warranty is on the kit?
Old Aug 9, 2007, 06:03 AM
Evolving Member

any dyno #'s comparing the different turbo kits?
Old Aug 9, 2007, 06:11 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah so how bout that fan?
Old Aug 9, 2007, 09:13 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by razorlab
No fan in those installed photos?
There is not. We've torture tested our EVOs in 105 degree heat by holding a steady 5000rpm in neutral with it parked for several minutes without being able to even budge coolant temps. This was verified through an AEM serial gauge connected to an AEM EMS rather than the stock gauge for accuracy. For that reason we didn't want to increase the price of the kit, even nominally, for the cost of the fan. If you'd like to have a fan for peace of mind, we're happy to include a slim electric fan for $29.

Originally Posted by ak47po
What UICP is that?
1killertsi is correct, that is our stock battery UICP. Both that UICP and our 3" intercooler would be $685 or $805 with it and our 3.5" intercooler. The turbo kit includes the lower piping which makes it an awesome deal to add an intercooler kit!

Originally Posted by orugacoja
what kind of wastegate is that? 38mm 44mm?
uglyevo is correct that it is a Tial 38mm with the T3 kits and a Tial 44mm in our T4 kits. Dual 38mm Tials are included in our 42R kit.

Originally Posted by Evo_Wanted
pm me with a complete gt35r kit shipped.
thanks,
PM'ed pricing for both T3 and T4 35R kits

Originally Posted by moreryce
hrm.. the 02 bung seems to be all the way down on the downpipe? do we need to extend our 02 sensor or is the pic wrong?
The o2 bung you can see is the optional wideband bung (no charge). The factory o2 bung is on the V-band o2 housing out of sight in the picture.

Originally Posted by 9sec240
I see there is no flex section or provisions for movement on the down pipe. Curious as to what your thoughts were on engine movement and the effects on the header / down pipe? Turbo support bracket? What kind of warranty is on the kit?
We aim for the most possible clearance to tie bars, ACD, etc (no rattling, rubbing or otherwise) with our downpipes, so no flex section is used. Using one would make our lives far easier because tolerances for fabrication would be far less tight. The flex section does allow for both end connections and hangers to mate up more easily and it would cut production time a fair bit, though we're willing to put in the time for superior clearance. Our dedication to clearance and tight tolerance is shown in our T4 kit downpipe pictured here:

[img] http://www.extremeturbosystems.com/i...-Turbo-Kit.jpg [/img]

Space is more than extremely tight when trying to fit a 3.5” pipe down a channel that was originally designed to house one well less than 3” in diameter but we overcome that issue with our fabrication process that allows us a .030” tolerance on all planes.

To prove our confidence in everything we develop and produce, all of our products carry a lifetime warranty. We stand behind everything we build 100% so we back it for life. The turbocharger is warrantied directly through Precision Turbo & Engine who've been more than reasonable for our customers and for us with what they cover in the rare instance of a failed turbo; one of the many reasons we include their turbochargers in our kits.

Originally Posted by schred86
any dyno #'s comparing the different turbo kits?
Our development car and beta testers will have dyno numbers very soon. For the most part we expect them to be in line with what's been produced on each of the given turbochargers in the other good kits, we just build 100% quality, back it for life and price it such that it's the most affordable way to do things right

Tom
Old Aug 9, 2007, 09:20 AM
Evolved Member

When will you guys be doing twin scroll kits? You know it's all the rave.
Old Aug 9, 2007, 09:22 AM
Evolved Member

Tom, you guys really have it going on over there and you will definitely be rewarded with the way you all think and do business. Congradulations, I can't wait to see the results and am looking forward to the likelihood of doing business with you in the near future.
Old Aug 9, 2007, 09:25 AM
Evolved Member

Are you telling me I can ditch my factory fan completely LOL. I already ditched the one in front of the A/C condensor since I realized it didnt do a damn thing except add 5lbs to the front of my car.
Old Aug 9, 2007, 09:27 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by xiaoni420
Tom, you guys really have it going on over there and you will definitely be rewarded with the way you all think and do business. Congradulations, I can't wait to see the results and am looking forward to the likelihood of doing business with you in the near future.
hmm......ETS turbo kit in your car soon?
Old Aug 9, 2007, 10:01 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SlowCar
hmm......ETS turbo kit in your car soon?
Hahah, it's a definite maybe I think the ETS 35r and the HFS-5 would be a great combo What do you think Tom?? The looks and prices of these kits are impressing me. Can't wait to see the results.

Last edited by xiaoni420; Aug 9, 2007 at 11:10 AM.
Old Aug 9, 2007, 10:37 AM
Evolving Member

I think I need to hop in a DeLorean, flip on my flux capacitor and turn back time a few months... I'm on an RNR 50 trim kit and to put it bluntly, the ETS kits look/seem *MUCH* nicer, plus there are many options... Way to go guys, I know if/when I am in the market for a turbo kit again I'll be turning to ETS!
Old Aug 9, 2007, 11:42 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ETS Tom
There is not. We've torture tested our EVOs in 105 degree heat by holding a steady 5000rpm in neutral with it parked for several minutes without being able to even budge coolant temps. This was verified through an AEM serial gauge connected to an AEM EMS rather than the stock gauge for accuracy. For that reason we didn't want to increase the price of the kit, even nominally, for the cost of the fan. If you'd like to have a fan for peace of mind, we're happy to include a slim electric fan for $29.
Tom
Tom, not picking on you here so don't take it that way, however, I'm sure you know that holding the RPM @ 5k for several minutes while parked is not really a test of anything because there is no load on the motor.

the amount of heat you would generate if you were to actually load the motor like on a road course (extreme test) or driving in stop & go traffic (less extreme) would be more realistic, IMO. Its good you will include an electric fan for $29, I just hope it would pull the same CFM as the stocker does.
Old Aug 9, 2007, 12:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AlwaysinBoost
Tom, not picking on you here so don't take it that way, however, I'm sure you know that holding the RPM @ 5k for several minutes while parked is not really a test of anything because there is no load on the motor.

the amount of heat you would generate if you were to actually load the motor like on a road course (extreme test) or driving in stop & go traffic (less extreme) would be more realistic, IMO. Its good you will include an electric fan for $29, I just hope it would pull the same CFM as the stocker does.
You really don't have to worry too much about the fan being there because there are road test done without the fan, with a ETS kit......Paul Nelson's (ifarted2) 9 sec WW evo had no fan and he daily driven it and draged the hell out of it and also Duggy (uglyevo) had no problems either. Everyone should be fine but if you want it ETS will provide as Tom stated. I am also sure that they just won't stick a fan that is a POS with their awesome kit.

Last edited by SickSilverNLow; Aug 9, 2007 at 03:33 PM.
Old Aug 9, 2007, 12:14 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
When you're driving the hell out of the car in the scenarios you mentioned, it's getting lots of airflow to the radiator whereas when parked there is no airflow. Really the best way to torture test the car would be no fans and on the dyno, but that simulates a situation you'd never encounter in the real world I've driven my car (and almost all of our customers have) for the last year and a half without the AC fan and haven't had a problem. It's pretty moot really with the fact that we offer a fan w/ installation kit that pushes 1250CFM for $29 so you can add the peace of mind for less than a tank of gas if that is your preference

Tom

Quick Reply: Extreme Turbo Systems - T3 50 trim, 57 trim, 58mm, 60mm, 35R, 67mm Turbo Kit Release!