Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

50 vs 57 trim...

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2007, 01:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 2003lancerevo8
MidWest and Frank are very right.....

You will definetly need cams, you will definetly need an AEM although I made 500WHP on a killer flash from Martin and Chris. I would recommend the VSR intake by AMS, it will give you HUGE power up top..... Worth its money in gold.

Maybe on a 9 people are coming close to the 450 mark without cams but that will be hard on an 8 with no cams and a stock ecu....

Good luck to you though

bottom line, you will need a big turbo to get that number, 35R with a high amount of boost, but you will need some cams to get the benefits of that turbo.

You are better off doing cams, flash or aem, vsr intake, meth inject. and a 35R, you will be able to run that power more than safe on that turbo.

500 whp is maxing out a 50 trim
Thanks for the advise. So 57 trim would be my best bet then? 400 awhp on pump is a Lil too ambitious on pump?
Cuz I called some tuners and according to them low 400 awhp is definetly attainable on pump with all supporing mods minus the alky and meth. And I also did some research on the 50trim on the evo, they seem to be making consistently low 400s on pump, on a dynojet. The car might see some meth or alky down the road, but not anytime in the near future. I just don't wanna but the 50 trim but I could get the 57 trim for the Same price, since the car will be modded more later down the road.
Old Aug 9, 2007, 01:59 PM
Evolved Member

The 50 trims are tried and proven, I would go with the 50 trim and a VSR intake by AMS.

That combination right there will make a sweet combo especially when you get into higher boost levels that intake kicks a$$....
Old Aug 9, 2007, 02:01 PM
Evolved Member

have you thought about the clutch yet? I hope you have planned on spending the money for a good clutch....

I would run the exedy twin disc hd, sweet clutch, long life, takes whatever you are going to throw at it and has a good pedal....

Make sure the 50 trim is a ball bearing :-)
Old Aug 9, 2007, 02:09 PM
Evolved Member

do you have an upgraded intercooler I would assume?
Old Aug 9, 2007, 02:21 PM

I already have the exedy twin, I love it! Ets tom didn't recommend the 35r. I told him what I wanted, he said that the 50 trim with my mods will put down 400 no problem on pump. I was just weighing in the pros and cons of the 50 vs the 57 trim. But after seeing some dyno sheets of cars with the 50 trim on pump alone, I'm having 2nd thoughts on the 50 trim. Its already paid for, but the kit is still in the making, so I just need to know if the 57 trim is better? And the turbo is a bb turbo!
Old Aug 9, 2007, 02:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by uglyevo
I was hoping to make 650 at the wheels on pump gas with my 57 trim, is that unreasonable?
. yeah me too.
Old Aug 9, 2007, 02:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by nx302stang
I already have the exedy twin, I love it! Ets tom didn't recommend the 35r. I told him what I wanted, he said that the 50 trim with my mods will put down 400 no problem on pump. I was just weighing in the pros and cons of the 50 vs the 57 trim. But after seeing some dyno sheets of cars with the 50 trim on pump alone, I'm having 2nd thoughts on the 50 trim. Its already paid for, but the kit is still in the making, so I just need to know if the 57 trim is better? And the turbo is a bb turbo!
go with the 57 trim bro....i think it should get you to the power level for sure and if you ever want to throw in some race gas once in a while, you will be killin' .
Old Aug 9, 2007, 03:07 PM

Silver, when do you get your car dynotuned? Im rather curious on what your car would put down on pump!
Old Aug 9, 2007, 03:12 PM
Evolved Member

^^Lucas is working on getting the rod bolts and the new clutch in tomorrow or monday and then by mid to late next week, i should be tuned on pump and race gas. I will have the dynosheets and my car on Monday 20th when i go and pick it up.

Last edited by SickSilverNLow; Aug 9, 2007 at 03:14 PM.
Old Aug 9, 2007, 03:28 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 2003lancerevo8
The 50 trims are tried and proven, I would go with the 50 trim and a VSR intake by AMS.

That combination right there will make a sweet combo especially when you get into higher boost levels that intake kicks a$$....
I dont wanna start a fight or anything or picking on you but AMS stuff is expensive and they charge an arm and a leg for all their parts. The OP can do whatever he want to but i think if he wants good solid 420 whp on pump on aggressive tune....ETS 57 trim turbo kit FTW and Magnus sheet metal intake.

Hopefully ETS will come out with a sheet metal intake. Come on TOM....get on the ball homie-g.

Last edited by SickSilverNLow; Aug 9, 2007 at 03:53 PM.
Old Aug 9, 2007, 03:56 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Gonna be ordering my 57 trim kit tomorrow along with DUBY. Cant wait!!
Old Aug 9, 2007, 03:58 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by SickSilverNLow
I dont wanna start a fight or anything or picking on you but AMS stuff is expensive and they charge an arm and a leg for all their parts. The OP can do whatever he want to but i think if he wants good solid 420 whp on pump on aggressive tune....ETS 57 trim turbo kit FTW and Magnus sheet metal intake.

Hopefully ETS will come out with a sheet metal intake. Come on TOM....get on the ball homie-g.
We'll have a sheetmetal intake manifold out sooner than you think

Tom
Old Aug 9, 2007, 04:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ETS Tom
We'll have a sheetmetal intake manifold out sooner than you think

Tom
well...i better get the first one and a great f'in deal . can't wait bro....
Old Aug 9, 2007, 04:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SickSilverNLow

AMS parts may not be the cheapest, but if you look at the cars that come out of their shop, they all make great numbers. Their VSR is a work of art. Do people even use Magnus anymore? It seems like the big boys all use the AMS VSR. Didn't Bushur even use it for awhile?

I'm not bashing ETS at all. Their parts look fantastic. If you can afford it, the AEM should definately be on your list. The driveability will be a 1000 times better! Trust me, I know.

Whatever you do, good luck with your build and definately get some cams! You'll need them for your horsepower goals.
Old Aug 9, 2007, 04:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by midwestmonster
AMS parts may not be the cheapest, but if you look at the cars that come out of their shop, they all make great numbers. Their VSR is a work of art. Do people even use Magnus anymore? It seems like the big boys all use the AMS VSR. Didn't Bushur even use it for awhile?

I'm not bashing ETS at all. Their parts look fantastic. If you can afford it, the AEM should definately be on your list. The driveability will be a 1000 times better! Trust me, I know.

Whatever you do, good luck with your build and definately get some cams! You'll need them for your horsepower goals.
ETS also makes great products but a little more cost friendly and look at the cars they put out......fast and furious (ok..that was a gay).

Magnus sheet metal intakes have been used in a ton of DSMs and evos even to this day. I think AMS and Magnus SMIs are a piece of art but they both get the same job done....you just pay a lot more to sport AMS stuff....for the baller status i guess .

I can't wait till ETS comes out with their sheet metal intakes......now thats a smart baller status.......

Last edited by SickSilverNLow; Aug 9, 2007 at 04:26 PM.

Quick Reply: 50 vs 57 trim...