Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

50 vs 57 trim...

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2007, 08:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 2003lancerevo8
Look at the qaulity first of all. Produces more power, holds up better under circumstances. The ease of running a dual fuel rails...... the list can go on and on. Again, I like things that are proven. How many cars do you know that are running 10's or below that are running a Magnus intake. I would guess that the numbers are probably in the 8-1 in AMS favor. I will start a thread on this and we will see if it goes anywhere.

Each to his own.....

Asking that question brings us another : who is really better Bushur racing or AMS?

Each to his own. Again there is something to be said about fast cheap however there is nothing good cheap that is good quality.
edit moved to new thread

Last edited by Paul Nelson; Aug 11, 2007 at 08:53 AM.
Old Aug 11, 2007, 08:53 AM
Evolved Member

I have been looking at your thread, HUge congrats to you. That would be something very fun to drive.....
Old Aug 11, 2007, 08:53 AM
Evolved Member

I did not want to start a huge argument but the overall design and the ability to adapt on the VSR intake is amazing.. The quality and the welding that goes into ams's products are top notch.
Old Aug 11, 2007, 08:55 AM
Evolved Member

I did not want to start a huge argument but the overall design and the ability to adapt on the VSR intake is amazing.. The quality and the welding that goes into ams's products are top notch.
I would agree that the intake has better welds on the VSR i blew all the welds apart on the Magnus than rewelded it inside and out. The welds on the Magnus were only half way thru
Old Aug 11, 2007, 09:34 AM
Evolved Member

hahaha....i was just going to reply until i seen paul post....he has a Magnus sheet metal intake and that hold pretty good under good amount of boost and yes it does not hold enough boost like AMS does. Still its quite expensive and i believe when ETS comes out with one it still will be cost effective and deliver just as good as AMS.

I actually seen both of the AMS and Magnus SMI in person :P.

Your comment on you get what you pay for i totally agree and thats why i go with ETS cause, ETS products are not that much more cheaper than AMS but they as you can see deliver great products and greater results on the street/track.

Last edited by SickSilverNLow; Aug 11, 2007 at 09:41 AM.
Old Aug 11, 2007, 10:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Look at the qaulity first of all. Produces more power, holds up better under circumstances. The ease of running a dual fuel rails...... the list can go on and on. Again, I like things that are proven. How many cars do you know that are running 10's or below that are running a Magnus intake. I would guess that the numbers are probably in the 8-1 in AMS favor. I will start a thread on this and we will see if it goes anywhere.
Utter nonsense. AMS makes a very good product. So does Magnus, and for years longer. Magnus has stood behind their products as well or better than any 4g63 manufacturer, bar none. They still repair any manifold that fails, and failures are rare, and most are caused by methanol and/or nitrous backfires, which you'd rather "vent" by manifold damage than the other options.

Proven? Proven? Where would you like to start? Magnus manifolds are on more 9 second and faster 4g63s than any other manifold, period. AMS may have more in the Evo ranks, but not high HP, low ET 4g63s overall. Look down the list of DSMTimes.org. There are 50 cars listed as 9 second or faster, and I know of several that are missing from the list (Paul Nelson's Evo, for example). I bet if you polled these cars, you'd find 1/2 or more using Magnus SMIMs.

Magnus won the 2006 shootout with its 2g Eclipse (8.8ET) over both Buschur and AMS's Evos. Magnus was using a Magnus manifold, as you might expect. The fastest 4g63 at 6.xx is running a Magnus manifold (Brent Rau's 1400HP car). They must not be too limiting, wouldn't you agree?
Old Aug 11, 2007, 10:04 AM
Evolved Member

^^you should post is on the other thread also....AMS VSR vs. Magnus.

Well put for sure brah..

Back to topic everyone.....