Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

**SickSilverNLow's ETS 57 Trim Dyno**

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2007, 10:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^^if you read the thread you will see that the power band is all the way to 8000rpm and not like most tuner who lets off on 7000 rpm and make it look good on the graph. The power is made in 4500 rpm to all the way to 8000 rpm and dont drop off like 50 trims do. The bigger wheel carries the power all the way to 8000 rpm. Learn how to read a graph bro .
Old Aug 23, 2007, 11:28 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
LOL don't stress it Monty. I already clearly explained the way the dyno sheet appears and why it appears that way, but there will always be those trying to give you a hard time

Tom
Old Aug 23, 2007, 12:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
umm... there's no proof of the "fast spool" because it doesn't show on the graph... and the power drops off pretty fast from what I'm seeing
Old Aug 23, 2007, 12:46 PM
Evolving Member

So tomorrow I will dyno my car with the exact same turbo setup and we will start the pull at 3500 instead of 4500 so people can see the full powerband. So for all those haters, just sit tight and wait till I post
Old Aug 23, 2007, 12:50 PM
Former Sponsor

Duggy what dyno will you be attending? =) PM ME
Old Aug 23, 2007, 12:51 PM
Former Sponsor

I was just about to say Duggy, have Lucas start a pull for you at 1500 RPM and lift at 6800 like the other guys so it will look pretty

Tom
Old Aug 23, 2007, 12:51 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by uglyevo
So tomorrow I will dyno my car with the exact same turbo setup and we will start the pull at 3500 instead of 4500 so people can see the full powerband. So for all those haters, just sit tight and wait till I post
make that **** allready lol
Old Aug 23, 2007, 01:19 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 59 Likes on 45 Posts
I don't recall seeing many 50 trim charts posted. I did find one made with an EVO 8 on a Dynojet, 22 psi and 93 octane that was held to 7600rpm, so those of you that want to make comparisons and contrasts can do so with this:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...highlight=trim
Old Aug 23, 2007, 02:10 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Ted B
I don't recall seeing many 50 trim charts posted. I did find one made with an EVO 8 on a Dynojet, 22 psi and 93 octane that was held to 7600rpm, so those of you that want to make comparisons and contrasts can do so with this:

Just to point out that that car in the link also has the AMS intake manifold which will really help the top end. SickSilver's car is still on the stock one. Therefore the comparison can only be made assuming what gains the manifold actually made. With that said, it seems as though there will be no definite answer just assumptions.
Old Aug 23, 2007, 02:42 PM
Former Sponsor

If only it were as easy as apples to apples. Power numbers from the smaller framed turbochargers will obviously be pretty consistent at just ~20-23psi. Pushing the limits of each will show you of what they are truly capable. Monty's (and Duggy's goals) were 28psi eventually, though I know Monty is doing it in stages. For 20-23psi as the end of the road goal, the 50 trim is definitely the better choice. In Monty's case, that was the temporary plan until he gets into a meth or E85 setup later on. At 28psi, the 57 trim will be superior. Planning ahead rather than having to exchange later, Monty went this route. Most of us aren't made of money to do everything we want all at once

As I keep saying, that's why we offer so many different turbo options that are interchangeable across the T3 and T4 platform kits so our customers can pick what will work best for their long term goals. If those goals happen to change, all that needs swapped is the turbocharger

I look forward to your results Duggy, I know you're a wild man!

Tom

Last edited by ETS Michael; Aug 23, 2007 at 02:56 PM.
Old Aug 23, 2007, 02:44 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by uglyevo
Just to point out that that car in the link also has the AMS intake manifold . . .
That's true, and such differences must be taken into account. What I thought was more interesting than the top end however, was the 700rpm difference in rpm where the torque curve crosses the 300 lb ft line, and ~500 rpm difference where the hp curve crosses the 300 hp line.

Here are some 50-trim peak numbers at 22psi and 93 octane reported by another member:

I am unsure of what intake manifold he has, and it would be interesting one way or another to know.

Last edited by Ted B; Aug 23, 2007 at 02:47 PM.
Old Aug 23, 2007, 02:52 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by ETS Tom
Power numbers from the smaller framed turbochargers will obviously be pretty consistent at just ~20-23psi. Pushing the limits of each will show you of what they are truly capable.
I feel it's fair to say the differences between the various pieces around that size are probably smaller when pump fuel is used. I'm not the only one who is curious to see what happens with better fuel and higher boost pressures.
Old Aug 23, 2007, 04:07 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well we will see. Me and DUBY(Kevin) will both be on pump 93 and 100% Meth ,when we tune our 58 trims. Just waiting to receive the kits.
Old Aug 23, 2007, 05:12 PM
Evolved Member

Hey guys lets not make this into a battle of hp and tq graphs . The tune is very conservative and to me the car feels great. I am planning ahead of time to bigger things in near future. This hp level was accomplished on pump gas and moderate boost and i wanted a reliable car, not a car that did high numbers with scary A/F and dangerous boost. I wanted the car to be a very street friendly and a reliable DD and not worring about blowing up the motor all the time. My future plan is a built 2.0 or 2.1 motor by English Racing and AEM EMS. I just don't have the funds to do it all right now. I have spent $16,000 + on this entire car so far within the month and my other project with the BMW was also pretty damn expensive, so i am letting the funds catch up and then this comming spring i will make more power for sure with the other upgrades.
I also talked to Lucas and he told me he is very comfortable to say that the car with race gas and 28 psi, the car should put down 480+whp . We will see what kind of power this turbo makes with race gas and more boost when Duggy does it.
Old Aug 23, 2007, 05:59 PM
EvoM Guru

No battles here (and there shouldn't be), only comparisons for purposes of discussion to get an idea of what is typical for this particular turbo, and how it compares to similarly equipped cars with a similar, but different turbo. This has nothing to do with the persons involved or the work they do, only turbos and how they behave in the real world.

Quick Reply: **SickSilverNLow's ETS 57 Trim Dyno**