Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

**SickSilverNLow's ETS 57 Trim Dyno**

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2007, 08:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up **SickSilverNLow's ETS 57 Trim Dyno**

Hey everyone, i just got back from a vacation from the Oregon Coast and Portland, OR and while i was there i was able to pick up my car from English Racing. I had the car at ETS for the 57 trim for about a month and then English Racing finishied up on some of the other installs and tuning. When i picked it up from English Racing I was stunned on how beautiful the turbo kit looked and when i drove it the car was absolutely awesome to drive.....kinda scary at first when the boost hits . Lucas did a great job on tuning and installing. ETS did an awesome job on the kit and they hooked me up on parts. I thank both of them for their help.
The car is a Evo 8 with supporting mods....ETS FMIC, Upper and lower pipings, intake, cams and camgears, FP, injectors, EBC, wideband, Rod and head bolts, TBE. The car was tuned on pump only and the A/F I believe was about 11.5 or so and at 23-24 pounds of boost. Well here is how we came out. The car is awesome to drive .

Last edited by SickSilverNLow; Sep 28, 2007 at 06:51 PM.
Old Aug 22, 2007, 10:06 AM
Evolving Member

i might be getting a 57 as well but hows the spool up and is it a ball bearing???
Old Aug 22, 2007, 11:17 AM
Evolving Member

thats amazing power for pump and only 24psi

dude have you got any videos of the car in action? would love to see how she goes
Old Aug 22, 2007, 01:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for posting up your results. Seems like it spools kind of slow IMHO... nothing until like 5k - and doesn't even pull steady to 7k...? Not enough powerband there for me. Just looking at the graph, you may have done better with a GT35r...

I know you're very happy with the setup, but IIRC, you hadn't really fully modded your stock turbo'd Evo up to this point... sorry, man, not trying to be such a d*ck in your thread...
Old Aug 22, 2007, 02:15 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
Looks awesome Monty!!! After hearing how much fun you had driving home I can't wait to have this setup all finished on mine

When starting the pulls at almost 4500 RPM it will be impossible to get any feel for what true spoolup will be like. Lucas (English Racing) is very **** about driveability and does most of his lower RPM tuning on the street to make sure the car drives as well as it makes numbers. Driving a 57 trim car, spool comes on HARD in the low 3000 RPM range and is fully spooled no later than 4000 RPM (3900 on our development car). It feels very much like a stock turbo for driveability but has GOBS more powerband.

Tom
Old Aug 22, 2007, 02:27 PM
Evolved Member

Nice #s and finally we have a dyno-gragh. Odd that it made a little over 400, I thought it would be near 420+ like a 50trim. Like you said you're not done yet. What cams do you have ?? seems like after 6.5K it fall pretty bad too. On the 58 I'm really hoping to do 500+ on pump meth

Last edited by Duby; Aug 22, 2007 at 02:28 PM. Reason: just saw . . . dynojet . . . :(
Old Aug 22, 2007, 02:43 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mudduck
Thanks for posting up your results. Seems like it spools kind of slow IMHO... nothing until like 5k - and doesn't even pull steady to 7k...? Not enough powerband there for me. Just looking at the graph, you may have done better with a GT35r...

I know you're very happy with the setup, but IIRC, you hadn't really fully modded your stock turbo'd Evo up to this point... sorry, man, not trying to be such a d*ck in your thread...
Spoolup is fine its just the start of the dyno pull was done later in the rpm band
Old Aug 22, 2007, 03:14 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by Duby
Nice #s and finally we have a dyno-gragh. Odd that it made a little over 400, I thought it would be near 420+ like a 50trim. Like you said you're not done yet. What cams do you have ?? seems like after 6.5K it fall pretty bad too. On the 58 I'm really hoping to do 500+ on pump meth
Again Lucas' dyno pulls are a bit different than most in that he doesn't lift around 7000 RPM as most tuners do. If the real shift point is going to be close to 8000 RPM, may as well tune it up there, or at least post the dyno sheet from the tuning up there If you look at a 50 trim graph you'll see that power begins to drop even more dramatically at about 7000 RPM due to the smaller wheel. That peak and taper effect is even more exaggerated the smaller the turbo gets. I have a feeling the tune is a bit more conservative than Monty mentioned as Lucas indicated to me that it was VERY safe. He is very conservative to begin with so I'm sure there is quite a bit more room if you want to push your kit harder in the AFR, timing and boost departments.

If you guys want spool at 2000RPM and peak power at 8000RPM we'll sell you a nitrous kit to accompany the turbo system

Tom

Last edited by ETS Michael; Aug 22, 2007 at 03:19 PM.
Old Aug 22, 2007, 04:46 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ETS Tom
Looks awesome Monty!!! After hearing how much fun you had driving home I can't wait to have this setup all finished on mine

Tom

Me too
Old Aug 22, 2007, 05:57 PM
Evolved Member

That's good news! Numbers look great!
Old Aug 22, 2007, 09:00 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks guys for the compliments. The car feels great and my clutch is holding wonderfully (ACT HD) . The tune feels awesome and dead on. The car spools very fast and trust me, the car pulls hard all the way to 7500 rpm. I am very happy with these #s, specially when pump gas is 92 octane . Thanks again guys for the compliments .
Old Aug 22, 2007, 09:37 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SickSilverNLow
I am very happy with these #s, specially when pump gas is 92 octane .
92 octane might have a bit to do with it as well as the conservative tune. I can't wait to get mine on.

Congrats on the numbers again. Lets see some track #s now Good Luck
Old Aug 23, 2007, 10:21 AM
Evolved Member

^^thanks bro.....when you get your kit, you will not be disappointed. It performs excellently and the spool up is great. Yeah our 92 octane gas is pretty much **** a$$ gas and it sucks .

I need to learn how to drive the car cause of the new clutch and as soon as i do that, i will run it at the track .
Old Aug 23, 2007, 10:29 AM
Evolving Member

cool
Old Aug 23, 2007, 10:34 AM
Evolving Member

I guess I don't really understand what is different, but i'm dissapointed. That power band looks terrible.

Quick Reply: **SickSilverNLow's ETS 57 Trim Dyno**