Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Extreme Turbo Systems - Turbo Manifold Sexiness Galore!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2007, 10:53 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
Extreme Turbo Systems - Turbo Manifold Sexiness Galore!

It's rare that I ever see this many turbo manifolds in one place here because they're usually with kits, boxed and out the door before I can blink. When I walked past seven all in one spot in various stages of completion, I wanted to get a few shots for you guys!

Right behind those is a decently crazy B20 VTEC EG turbo I couldn't leave out. We just finished the manifold and intercooler on his new power package. He made 630whp through a T3 35R on the previous setup, and that wasn't enough. He was back for a T4 67mm manifold and one of our 4" thick intercoolers

Tom
Old Aug 24, 2007, 10:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OMG amazing.

I have a question. Currently i have a Buschur racing 35r kit, with the cast iron manifold and i want to upgrade to a tubular manifold. And with buschurs 35r kit the Wastegate comes off of the hotside not the manifold. So do you guys make any SEXY manifolds without the wastegate extension? so i can keep using the wastegate on the hotside? Or is there any other way to to do it so it works with my turbo kit?

Thanks alot!

BTW, what the HELL intercooler is that! Its HUGE! lol.. Im assuming its custom made for the car? Any way in hell one would fit n evo? LOL. (i doubt it)

Chris-

Last edited by Pure Playaer; Aug 24, 2007 at 11:01 AM.
Old Aug 24, 2007, 11:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 65 Posts
I think I just creamed on myself a little.
Old Aug 24, 2007, 11:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Can you guys PLEASE use a Photo hosting site that isn't blocked by 99.99999999999999999991239087623049823% of work computers? I know AL can do it and most of us are at work during the day and every time I get excited and click on one of these threads, I get introduced to a red x because my **** computer won't let me see's da NSFW's fo-toes's.

Please?

Also PLEASE design a twin scroll unit with a 35R, that is a must have for the Holiday season please.
Old Aug 24, 2007, 04:27 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Pure Playaer
OMG amazing.

I have a question. Currently i have a Buschur racing 35r kit, with the cast iron manifold and i want to upgrade to a tubular manifold. And with buschurs 35r kit the Wastegate comes off of the hotside not the manifold. So do you guys make any SEXY manifolds without the wastegate extension? so i can keep using the wastegate on the hotside? Or is there any other way to to do it so it works with my turbo kit?

Thanks alot!

BTW, what the HELL intercooler is that! Its HUGE! lol.. Im assuming its custom made for the car? Any way in hell one would fit n evo? LOL. (i doubt it)

Chris-
We can build you a manifold without the wastegate provision so you can continue using your current wastegate setup

The intercooler is one of our standard MKIV Supra intercoolers. That cooler is available in 4", 5", 6" and 7" thicknesses for the Supra guys. One of our 7" units is currently on RRev Motorsports' Supra (1000+whp through an auto) that has run an 8.2 @ 166. You can check out the video of that pass in the media player at the bottom of our homepage - http://www.extremeturbosystems.com/ The Mustang (Ray) also runs our intercooler and has recently made a 7.9 pass of which we don't yet have videos.

We can fit up to a 5" thick in an EVO so you're in luck

Originally Posted by High_PSI
Can you guys PLEASE use a Photo hosting site that isn't blocked by 99.99999999999999999991239087623049823% of work computers? I know AL can do it and most of us are at work during the day and every time I get excited and click on one of these threads, I get introduced to a red x because my **** computer won't let me see's da NSFW's fo-toes's.

Please?

Also PLEASE design a twin scroll unit with a 35R, that is a must have for the Holiday season please.
I had no idea you guys were having trouble looking at the pictures at work Which photo hosting sites are safe on most work computers? I'm all for you guys getting your ETS fix at work so let me know

We don't have any plans for a twin scroll kit other than the 42R because that's the way that turbo comes from Garrett (and already have an undivided tangential T4 74mm kit available at far better pricing). We share the opinion of the large turbo manufacturers and many of the other gurus in this industry that most if not all of the spoolup gains would result from a proper equal length manifold rather than dividing the runners. With divided housings costing power on top and costing you a TON MORE $$$$ it doesn't make much sense for us, a company geared toward providing the best performance at a great value, to build one. It obviously would if we felt it was a superior solution (and it's not a new one by any stretch of the imagination), but we don't. I'd think Santa would want to save the $3000 on our T3 35R turbo kit and use the rest to bring you supporting mods

Tom
Old Aug 24, 2007, 06:48 PM
Evolved Member

Tom,
Are all of those manifolds for the evo? It looks like I'm seeing two different designs. If so, why?
Old Aug 25, 2007, 12:52 AM
Evolved Member

looks nice.
Old Aug 25, 2007, 08:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Yeah the vote isn't in yet on the Twin Scroll but man it is enticing.

Wouldn't a 7" thick intercooler just cause MASSIVE lag? Imean that is crazy thick.
Old Aug 25, 2007, 09:11 AM
Evolved Member

Tom which ones come with your 35R
Old Aug 25, 2007, 03:33 PM
Evolved Member

awesome Tom.....
Old Aug 25, 2007, 03:48 PM
Evolving Member

Those are some badass looking manifolds!
Old Aug 27, 2007, 10:57 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Pegasus
Tom,
Are all of those manifolds for the evo? It looks like I'm seeing two different designs. If so, why?
That's because five of them are for Nissan KA turbo kits We build a really sick NA-T kit for the 240s!

Originally Posted by High_PSI
Yeah the vote isn't in yet on the Twin Scroll but man it is enticing.

Wouldn't a 7" thick intercooler just cause MASSIVE lag? Imean that is crazy thick.
When you're flowing enough air for 1400-1500whp through a manual transmission, a 7" thick intercooler is required to cool the amount of air flowing through it. The only thing causing massive lag in that equation is the enormous turbo

Originally Posted by Joshs EVO
Tom which ones come with your 35R
Left front is the manifold that's used in our T3 35R kit and the right front is used in our T4 35R kit.

Tom
Old Aug 28, 2007, 05:20 AM

Tom you just made the wait more difficult... My Evo is wagging its tail in anticipation
Old Aug 28, 2007, 05:33 AM

You guys should develop a tubular manifold for the stock evo turbo (ie: full race manifold) and sell it cheaper than $1000. People want to purchase the Full race manifold because it doesn't crack and has power gains, but don't want to drop 1000 on a turbo manifold.

Look forward to my parts Tom.

Jason
Old Aug 28, 2007, 05:56 AM
Evolved Member

LOOKS GREAT!!!!!! and imageshack is one of the only ones i can see at work. they blocked me from photobucket.

Quick Reply: Extreme Turbo Systems - Turbo Manifold Sexiness Galore!