Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Buschur Racing Mustache Bar, Center Member & Rear Diff Bushings *Updated Pics & Info*

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2007, 12:30 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Buschur Racing Mustache Bar, Center Member & Rear Diff Bushings *Updated Pics & Info*

The original thread on these items became rather long and not to mention it was kind of old so I figured I would bring a fresh thread in with some updated pictures, pricing and information.

Buschur Racing Evolution Lightweight Center Member

Product Information:
This item is designed to replace the piece that is located under the front of your Evolution that runs front to rear. Made of lightweight chromoly tubing this item saves 6.2 pounds of weight from the stock member.

Other features include:

* More room for larger turbos on the compressor outlet
* Cleans up the underside of the car
* Upgraded front engine mount
* Tow Hook

Price: $275.00

Buschur Racing Evolution Rear Diff Support (aka: Mustache Bar)

Product Information: This rear support holds the rear differential in place on your Evolution. The stock bar weighs in at 15.9 pounds and ours weighs in at only 3.2 pounds. That is 12.7 pounds in weight savings!

This item is the same piece we installed on our drag car along with the aluminum rear differential bushings that we are crediting our new improved 60' times to.

Using JUST the bar without the bushings (shown below) is really just a weight saving device. With the ridgity of both of them together, it allows the rear suspension to work better by reducing the lost motion in the factory bushings. In theory thats how the 60 foot times are improved.

Price: $275.00

Buschur Racing Solid Rear Diff Bushings

Product Information: These billet aluminum bushings are designed to do away with the factory rubber bushings that hold the differential in place. These are located on both sides of the rear diff.

These bushings paired with the above mentioned "Mustache Bar" will help your 60' times in drag racing applications. This will be a more rigid setup than you current stock setup. Vibration will be increased so this is not something recommended for street cars and is a part designed for directed more towards race applications.

Price:
$75.00

We do have all of these items INSTOCK and ready to ship. You can order these by calling us here at the shop at 440-839-1900 or they can be ordered online by clicking the name of the product highlighted in blue in this post.

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to ask. We'll be glad to help you out. Take care!
Old Aug 28, 2007, 01:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice.
Old Aug 28, 2007, 01:13 PM
Evolved Member

Are there any other weight saving parts you guys working on or is that it for now.
Old Aug 28, 2007, 01:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Would it be possible to post a picture of the bar installed on the car so I/we can see how far it hangs down. I want this piece, but I really need a front undertray driving this car in the winter with snow...
Old Aug 28, 2007, 01:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kmcconn9
Would it be possible to post a picture of the bar installed on the car so I/we can see how far it hangs down. I want this piece, but I really need a front undertray driving this car in the winter with snow...

I didnt have any problems without the under tray in the snow.
Old Aug 28, 2007, 01:39 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by jmartinez1170
Are there any other weight saving parts you guys working on or is that it for now.
We do not have anything else in the works at this time but you never know what we may come up with.

Originally Posted by kmcconn9
This item is not intended to be used with the stock under tray.
Old Aug 28, 2007, 02:11 PM
Evolved Member

That mustache bar is badass, Id definitely get one if I werent selling my car! Definitely worth the $275!
Old Aug 28, 2007, 02:46 PM
Evolved Member

i might pick this stuff up friday if the funds are there... but a certain someone wants starbucks, that alone will break the bank

jarrod i thought the rear bar already had the bushings in it? or are the bushings for a different area? what i mean is that the bar shows bushings in it.

Last edited by vwjeff; Aug 28, 2007 at 02:51 PM.
Old Aug 28, 2007, 02:56 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by vwjeff
i might pick this stuff up friday if the funds are there... but a certain someone wants starbucks, that alone will break the bank

jarrod i thought the rear bar already had the bushings in it? or are the bushings for a different area? what i mean is that the bar shows bushings in it.
I will have a talk with Nick..... His starbucks will have to wait.

The bushings that are sold separately are different than the ones already in the bar.
Old Aug 28, 2007, 03:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jrod@Buschur

The bushings that are sold separately are different than the ones already in the bar.
gotcha
Old Aug 28, 2007, 04:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Soon2BEVO
That mustache bar is badass, Id definitely get one if I werent selling my car! Definitely worth the $275!

I've already installed Energy Suspensions Poly-Urethane bushings in my factory mustache bar and in the factory diff carriers as well.....I guess I've gotten the performance benefit w/o losing the weight....
Old Aug 29, 2007, 06:50 AM
Former Sponsor

Excuses excuses.... you still need one. Use it for home protection. j/k

Sorry to hear you're parting with the ride though.
Old Aug 29, 2007, 07:04 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Blue Evo 8
I've already installed Energy Suspensions Poly-Urethane bushings in my factory mustache bar and in the factory diff carriers as well.....I guess I've gotten the performance benefit w/o losing the weight....
Losing the weight is the best part though
Old Aug 29, 2007, 08:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Losing the weight is the best part though
I know, but spending the $$ for the part and $$ for labor will be a tough pill to swallow, just to lose 13 pounds....especially after I paid $$ already to have the busings installed etc

Last edited by Blue Evo 8; Aug 29, 2007 at 02:21 PM.
Old Aug 29, 2007, 10:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Evo 8
I know, but spending the $$ for the part and $$ for labor will be a tough pill to swallow, just to lose 13 pounds....especially after I paid $$ already tp have the busings installed etc

just turn the boost up another pound. Or shift faster, launch harder, anything. I'd worry about the mere 13lbs once I realized I was driving the car as fast as it can go, not always easy.

Quick Reply: Buschur Racing Mustache Bar, Center Member & Rear Diff Bushings *Updated Pics & Info*