Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Ku Engineering intake manifold?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2007, 12:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
k u intake manifold

I believe i have the exact same manifold..got it from a guy who i bought the evo off of. I am in the process of installing it...ill let you guys know how it goes. Hopefully it has all the stuff for my sensors, vacuum hoses and stuff.
Old Sep 16, 2007, 12:13 AM
Evolved Member

it actually looks decent...
and to whomever said it must be $hit because it doesnt have a brand name...
i have had so much luck with so many unbranded items...not only in the car industry.

dont let the brand name fool u
Old Sep 16, 2007, 04:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
looks like a Jun knockoff..
Old Sep 16, 2007, 05:46 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 59 Likes on 45 Posts
Except the runners appear to be considerably shorter than the JUN, which I fear will severely compromise low speed power.
Old Sep 16, 2007, 06:48 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dxbevo9
it actually looks decent...
and to whomever said it must be $hit because it doesnt have a brand name...
i have had so much luck with so many unbranded items...not only in the car industry.

dont let the brand name fool u
well i wasnt trying to make such a sweeping statement. The point I was trying to make was with a piece like that, large manufacturers would normally take the time to stamp it in one way or another because they stand by their product, and knock off brands would normally not, as it is generally just a bunch of universal parts thrown together.
Old Sep 16, 2007, 07:20 AM
Evolved Member

As mentioned, the plenum portion looks to be of acceptable quality. But the runners aren't going to be effective below 5k rpm. No way, I'm telling you. This will be great for someone who launches at 5-6k rpm, with huge cams, and TB. 3" IC piping.... and a 35R+ and stays above 5k rpm the whole time. Such as drag only.

Those runners are too short, and the velocity stacks, if thats what they are calling them do not look to be the typical VS I've seen in many other DSM/EVO manifolds. Leading me to believe this is not going to work out very good for anyone who d/d's their Evo.

I think you are going to give up alot, to get very little. The car will be peaky, and very specific to its powerband.
Old Sep 16, 2007, 07:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
fwiw, I emailed the seller last year, and asked about testing a unit. He said he had sold ,(at that time) 400 of them. So somewhere someplace somebody has one on his car.

btw, there was another seller out of florida some months back, with the same part=less shipping. also remember you can offer less than the asking or make deals with the seller direct.

Last edited by nothere; Sep 16, 2007 at 07:36 AM.
Old Sep 16, 2007, 02:32 PM
Evolved Member

If all the sensors and EGR can bolt up to it I would try it.
Old Sep 17, 2007, 02:49 PM

ku intake manifold

I finally installed that ku imanifold. I had to modify some of my parts to get it in. The thing sat pretty low and gave me problems. I got rid of my egr though. Do i need my egr?? Seems to be running pretty smoothly w/o problems and I can tell the difference from before and after, got more high end.
Old Sep 17, 2007, 03:54 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 59 Likes on 45 Posts
I believe the real question is with the low end. Also, logs and/or additional information would be helpful.
Old Sep 17, 2007, 07:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bigpzz
I finally installed that ku imanifold. I had to modify some of my parts to get it in. The thing sat pretty low and gave me problems. I got rid of my egr though. Do i need my egr?? Seems to be running pretty smoothly w/o problems and I can tell the difference from before and after, got more high end.
What type of engine management are you running?
Old Sep 17, 2007, 07:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
or, how much shorter are the runners than the stock piece?
Old Sep 18, 2007, 08:36 AM

ku

right now i'm doing stock but I haven't installed my aem ems system yet.. going to do after i install fpr and hks fuel rail..
Old Sep 21, 2007, 09:40 PM
Evolved Member

Any inital impressions?
Old Sep 22, 2007, 04:02 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Ted B
I believe the real question is with the low end. Also, logs and/or additional information would be helpful.

don't modify your car if you want to keep the low end. Long intake runners have a far more profound impact on high rpm power (negative) than short runners do on low end power.

Its obvious that you don't like the part-just say it. Its not a wonderful looking piece, but its also not top dollar among the well regarded intake manifolds. I'd like to hear the guy's all around impressions, and it would be nice if he got re-tuned to get the maximum affect. I bet its not as bad as its being made out to be.

Quick Reply: Ku Engineering intake manifold?