Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

clutch question maybe dumb one

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2007, 04:42 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy clutch question maybe dumb one

ok here I go.. I recently sold my act clutch.. i sent it to the guy that bought it and i get an email from him saying that the clutch is not act its exedy and that disk is clearly labeled Exedy unity
disk 4B11 MBD088U.
when i got the clutch kit it came in a act package and looks like act yellow pressure plate and all. before shippin i inspected all parts and i saw no exedy label on anything. so my question is does exedy make disk for act and act sells it or this guy tryin to pull a fast one on me and switch clutch disk.. he also said the flywheel was damaged and mangled where it mounts to the crankshaft which when sent it looks just as when i installed it and the whole setup had maybe 2000 miles on it and was in perfect condition when sent out..

so my question is does act use exedy clutches or do they have nothin to do with each other..
it seems like this guy is tryin to pull a fast one and demands money back and but when sold used parts are sold as is the clutch worked fine when removed from my car and went straight out for shipping...
any ideas out there???
Old Sep 11, 2007, 05:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would ask for pics first off.I think exedy is made or sold by a company called Daikin.If you have proof that the clutch was as you stated above than you have nothing to worry about.You can also do some research to see if ACT and Exedy are related some how but I don't think so.