Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Ted B's Dynosheet

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2007, 05:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ted B's Dynosheet

Where is it ?

Scorke
Old Sep 12, 2007, 05:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm also curious as to why he hasn't posted it, especially with the big twinscroll uproar and such...
Old Sep 12, 2007, 05:33 PM
Evolved Member

Precisely....

Scorke
Old Sep 12, 2007, 05:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hahah rofl
Old Sep 12, 2007, 05:42 PM
Account Disabled

who the hell is Ted B?
Old Sep 12, 2007, 05:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by scorke
Precisely....

Scorke
Come on Sam. This seems like a pretty blatant attemp to start crap. Teds car was in the process of being sorted when cylinder 3 decided it had had enough. The only time the car was on a dyno was when a base map for the new turbo was loaded and he wanted to make sure that fuel was there. Car was pulled off of the dyno at that point because Ted was going to tweak it on the street. Before it ever made it back to the dyno or even any additional tuning was done car lost a cylinder. He has never bragged about power output only that it felt so much more responsive than his open scroll. Be patient as the new motor is being installed and should be finished up soon enough. Then I'm sure he will be glad to post numbers.
Old Sep 12, 2007, 05:55 PM
Evolving Member

Either way, I don't think you can compare a fully built stand alone T3 T67r 2 litter car that can run 9's and trap in the 140's to Ted's car that I belive uses the Vishnu products for tunning. I think most of the best Evo tuners have stated that a stand alone is best for full power potential. That's why everyones waiting for Fullrace to back up their TS 40r claims of 780whp(evom ad) with better response and power than a T3 T67r. We want real world results an an Evo, not Honda dynos and claims of how it "feels" so much faster and responsive. The reason you get a 40r on an evo is to haul *** and eat vipers, not for how it "feels". We need to see results with a built(engine+head etc) Evo to compare full potential. It's been months of hype now.

Last edited by bolio; Sep 12, 2007 at 05:59 PM.
Old Sep 12, 2007, 05:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Drifto
Come on Sam. This seems like a pretty blatant attemp to start crap. Teds car was in the process of being sorted when cylinder 3 decided it had had enough. The only time the car was on a dyno was when a base map for the new turbo was loaded and he wanted to make sure that fuel was there. Car was pulled off of the dyno at that point because Ted was going to tweak it on the street. Before it ever made it back to the dyno or even any additional tuning was done car lost a cylinder. He has never bragged about power output only that it felt so much more responsive than his open scroll. Be patient as the new motor is being installed and should be finished up soon enough. Then I'm sure he will be glad to post numbers.
I am not trying to start crap, I just know you guys are pretty quiet.

I did not know that anything went wrong with his car I am sorry thats what happened but look forward to seeing how it does when its back together.

Sorry walker, just curious

Scorke
Old Sep 12, 2007, 06:28 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 59 Likes on 45 Posts
Originally Posted by bolio
The reason you get a 40r on an evo is to haul *** and eat vipers, not for how it "feels".
Why not have both if that option is available? Likewise, the TS data with Hondas translates well to 4G63 and virtually any other 4 cyl engine. But what do I care who believes any of this or not? After all, I have nothing to sell you, and I'm sponsored by no one.

I did not know that anything went wrong with his car
The car dropped pressure in one cylinder (a factor of a large turbo and stock block), and the clutch was toast. As a result I chose to darn nearly rebuild the thing, and repainted it as well. Going in now . . .

- TRE Tranny
- Multi-plate clutch
- Upgraded shortblock (built to my own specs)
- Standalone ECU
- New brakes and rotors

As soon as I get that sorted . . .

- Ported head
- New cams
- New Intake manifold and TB
- Larger turbo hotside
- Upgraded meth injection system

When I have something interesting to post, you'll all see it.
Old Sep 12, 2007, 06:40 PM
Evolving Member

^Well, with that setup we should see full potential. Good luck with the build.
Old Sep 12, 2007, 06:52 PM
Evolved Member

I am not trying to start crap, I just know you guys are pretty quiet.

I did not know that anything went wrong with his car I am sorry thats what happened but look forward to seeing how it does when its back together.

Sorry walker, just curious

Scorke
I'm quiet because I'm not trying to market anything. I posted my results along time ago. Way before all this debate over which is best.
I like building turbo stuff period. If someone wants TS or open scroll I've got no problem doing either. People should have options and for Ted and I it was a better option.
I originally built the TS stuff for my own personal use and really liked it. Ted had a GT35 kit on his car that I built. It was an open scroll set up that made 400whp on a DD on pump gas and 22psi. Car was fast. ( I went 122mph on pump and 22psi with only 375whp on that same dyno if that tells you anything). I drove Ted's car a few times on meth and more boost and it really got down, however, I thought it was really dead before 5K. Ted eventually drove my car and was suprised at how it jumped when asked and felt so torquey. He had someone to buy his existing kit and we moved on to his current TS set up. He was immediately impressed with how different it felt. Car is a full T4 T67/P trim in a divided T4 housing. From memory it made 14psi by 4K and 20 by 4.8K in 4th. This was roughly a couple hundred RPM better than his GT35 and added another 100+whp potential which was a win win.
Eventually I will get back over to the dyno with my set up. The car has never ripped the rolllers out of the floor and it most likely never will because I doubt it will have anything bigger than the 3076 that's on it now. If I do go bigger you can bet it will be TS though
Old Sep 12, 2007, 07:18 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 59 Likes on 45 Posts
My car has one objective - make the most possible usable power on pump fuel, without sacrificing the joy of driving it. There are a few things which differ from the beaten path, and we'll just see how they work . . . and of course, I'll dust off my tuning skills.
Old Sep 12, 2007, 07:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ted B
My car has one objective - make the most possible usable power on pump fuel, without sacrificing the joy of driving it. There are a few things which differ from the beaten path, and we'll just see how they work . . . and of course, I'll dust off my tuning skills.
Ted this is EXACTLY why I wanted this information up here if you already had it.

I have no doubt that between your knowledge and Walker's fab ability you will have an outstanding improvement over what many others consider an "upgrade"

Walker I hear you, I remember for the topspeed day the car put down some good numbers, some C16 numbers out of your setup would of been really interesting as we could of seen how they compared to my open scroll 2.3 setup on the same dyno!

Were those spool numbers for Ted on the dyno or the street?

Scorke
Old Sep 12, 2007, 07:54 PM
Evolved Member

Walker I hear you, I remember for the topspeed day the car put down some good numbers, some C16 numbers out of your setup would of been really interesting as we could of seen how they compared to my open scroll 2.3 setup on the same dyno!
I'll be glad to post up my pump gas/22psi numbers and compare to yours. Remember I wasn't "tuned" on the dyno for max power either, but I made more than any other Evo that day. I whipped up a map the night before on the street and left some power on the table so there wouldn't be any issues with 3 back to back pulls. As far as race gas numbers, It really doesn't interest me all that much. I can't drive around with race gas all the time and just to have a dyno sheet that shows what it could make on race gas seems silly since it would probably never go back into the car. If I ever get one I'll post it though

Last edited by Drifto; Sep 12, 2007 at 08:24 PM.
Old Sep 12, 2007, 08:31 PM
Evolved Member

Awwww come on, if you are tuned for race gas you have to play around on it a biiit

IIRC your pumpgas numbers were about 15-16whp higher and I think I had about 20-30 ft lbs of tq on you, it def ran strong that day, the heat was killing everybody!!!!

Scorke

Quick Reply: Ted B's Dynosheet