Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Brand new clutch, cam upgrade, and fmic upgrade Q's??? Please help!!!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2007, 10:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brand new clutch, cam upgrade, and fmic upgrade Q's??? Please help!!!

First question is... I just got a new exedy twin disk and need to know how to go about breaking it in? I have been driving it for 150 miles thus far and haven't launched it.. i have beaten it some.. but not a whole lot.. will this mess up the clutch?

Second question is... I have GSC 264/272 cams right now... I need to know if I should upgrade them w/full 272's or 280's or they are fine? I really like the low end torque and midrange power... but I want more all around power..

right now i have the 264/272 cams, ebay fmic, injen uicp, injen intake w/cone filter, walbro 255 fuel pump, forge rs bov, rmr licp, megan 02 housing, buschur tbe..

I am going to be adding.. pte 680cc injectors, ix turbo, dnp manifold, ams licp..

I am getting tuned for these new mods and want to finalize the modding of my car for a while.. so should I upgrade the cams??? should i upgrade the ebay fmic to a better one? if so which one???

THANKS FOR ALL OF THE HELP!!!
Old Sep 24, 2007, 12:40 AM
Evolved Member

Any help?? Please?

Old Sep 24, 2007, 02:50 PM
Evolved Member

any help at all?????
Old Sep 24, 2007, 03:44 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Boost3dxEvO
First question is... I just got a new exedy twin disk and need to know how to go about breaking it in? I have been driving it for 150 miles thus far and haven't launched it.. i have beaten it some.. but not a whole lot.. will this mess up the clutch?

Second question is... I have GSC 264/272 cams right now... I need to know if I should upgrade them w/full 272's or 280's or they are fine? I really like the low end torque and midrange power... but I want more all around power..

right now i have the 264/272 cams, ebay fmic, injen uicp, injen intake w/cone filter, walbro 255 fuel pump, forge rs bov, rmr licp, megan 02 housing, buschur tbe..

I am going to be adding.. pte 680cc injectors, ix turbo, dnp manifold, ams licp..

I am getting tuned for these new mods and want to finalize the modding of my car for a while.. so should I upgrade the cams??? should i upgrade the ebay fmic to a better one? if so which one???

THANKS FOR ALL OF THE HELP!!!
as far as the clutch goes id drive it w/o any "spirited" driving for around 500 miles...id say you are safe to launch it after 500, but i wouldnt even launch then id wait til 1000 to do anything crazy with it