Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Raced, in the cold..oil light randomly comming on..car not boosting/running like shi

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2007, 01:24 PM
Evolved Member

Location: Clifton New Jersey Lived: Daytona Beach, Florida Lived: Port Orange, Florida
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by thatguy
member of the month post
+1
Old Oct 2, 2007, 01:58 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Asmodeus6
Not to be rude here guy but your problem here is 2 fold. A: you had a small problem with the car that resulted in a very unlucky break.

B: YOU DON'T KNOW SH** ABOUT YOUR CAR AND YOU ARE TRYING TO OWN A CAR MODIFIED WELL BEYOND THE FACTORY TRIM.

You need a serious education before you own something as pretentious as a turbocharged 4 cylinder. If you don't even know what a fuel pressure regulator is, you shouldn't be rocking a 2.3l'd Evo.

Its an invitation for problems I can't even begin to explain. And you don't know enough to help yourself. Until you catch up to where the car is... this kind of thing is going to keep occuring.
I completely agree. I walked into it with knowledge of the 4.6 l v8, not 2.0 and 2.3 l turbo. I had no idea what I was in for, and honestly if I could take it back I'd go buy a stock evo and build from there. I'm honestly trying to learn as much as i can through countless hours on this board and time spent in shops. but thats no reason to get riled up. I posted on this board seeking help, not a lecture on what I don't know about my car. I'd appreciate it if you kept that kind of stuff out of here. Thanks.

Last edited by Swashbuckler; Oct 2, 2007 at 02:01 PM.
Old Oct 2, 2007, 02:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So was it the FPR Vac hose?
Old Oct 2, 2007, 02:08 PM
Evolved Member

member of the month post

Actually, I dont think it was. The post was merely denouncing the poor guy for making a bad choice (buying a highly modded car he doesnt understand yet). That is not helping anyone or anything in this thread, especially the thread starter who has a large problem on his hands. Im sure he would rather have some constructive ideas than criticism as this point in time. He already bought the car so lets go from there. This isnt an "Im looking to buy this 2.3L built EVO" thread.
Old Oct 2, 2007, 02:14 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Soon2BEVO
Actually, I dont think it was. The post was merely denouncing the poor guy for making a bad choice (buying a highly modded car he doesnt understand yet). That is not helping anyone or anything in this thread, especially the thread starter who has a large problem on his hands. Im sure he would rather have some constructive ideas than criticism as this point in time. He already bought the car so lets go from there. This isnt an "Im looking to buy this 2.3L built EVO" thread.
Thanks.

The hose was right around here..

Old Oct 2, 2007, 02:25 PM
Evolving Member

Yep that was your FPR... That would have caused the lean condition and caused your car to blow up, Sorry about your luck and take things slow and you will learn a thing or two in your new build. If you want a bullet proof motor Call AMS.
Old Oct 2, 2007, 02:36 PM
Evolving Member

what do they usually ask for their short blocks?
Old Oct 2, 2007, 03:03 PM

member of the month post
Yeah what a toilet, probably eats Big Macs at will without a care.
Old Oct 2, 2007, 03:15 PM
Evolved Member

good luck bro dont listen to idiots on this forum......
Old Oct 3, 2007, 06:18 AM

Why do I have Americans pming me with grief? It's worse than youtube on here with all the Yanks and their daft "comeback" culture.
Old Oct 3, 2007, 06:38 AM
Evolved Member

^^ Could be your sig ^^

Glad to see you found the problem but sucks that the motor is hosed
Old Oct 3, 2007, 06:54 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Soon2BEVO
The post was merely denouncing the poor guy for making a bad choice (buying a highly modded car he doesnt understand yet). That is not helping anyone or anything in this thread, especially the thread starter who has a large problem on his hands.
And we see what happens when this occurs.

The statement alone you made is true, and lacks common sense as a founding. Buying a highly modded car you don't understand? Hello? BAD IDEA!

My post was simply " you are in over your head, and this is going to continue"
I'm not gloating on the fact you melted your motor down GT. Not at all. I don't want to see that happen to anyone. But I have. And, on normal scale, its mostly guys who pick these kinds of cars up and don't know anything about them...

I understand all about getting on here and trying to learn. I'm doing the same. The Evo is a bit of a change from DSM's. Atleast tuning is. But after reading your post, "guess I'll have to build another 2.3l" all that money down the drain... I felt like someone had to drive the point home before it happened again. That would suck. I think starting with a more stock approach and taking your time as you stated after my comment... Sounds like a safer idea. One that will allow you to learn as you go with the car.

To those of you coming off your US culture pundits and then making your own shi**y remarks. Please... Go hug a tree, or talk about feelings with someone else. I don't sugar coat anything for anyone.
GFY!
Old Oct 4, 2007, 04:40 AM

Originally Posted by justchil
^^ Could be your sig ^^

Glad to see you found the problem but sucks that the motor is hosed
I wrote the sig after I was pissed of by the Yanks, I'm sick of hearing how they beat the Brits 300 years ago with a few shovels...
Old Oct 4, 2007, 04:43 AM

Originally Posted by Asmodeus6
And we see what happens when this occurs.

The statement alone you made is true, and lacks common sense as a founding. Buying a highly modded car you don't understand? Hello? BAD IDEA!

My post was simply " you are in over your head, and this is going to continue"
I'm not gloating on the fact you melted your motor down GT. Not at all. I don't want to see that happen to anyone. But I have. And, on normal scale, its mostly guys who pick these kinds of cars up and don't know anything about them...

I understand all about getting on here and trying to learn. I'm doing the same. The Evo is a bit of a change from DSM's. Atleast tuning is. But after reading your post, "guess I'll have to build another 2.3l" all that money down the drain... I felt like someone had to drive the point home before it happened again. That would suck. I think starting with a more stock approach and taking your time as you stated after my comment... Sounds like a safer idea. One that will allow you to learn as you go with the car.

To those of you coming off your US culture pundits and then making your own shi**y remarks. Please... Go hug a tree, or talk about feelings with someone else. I don't sugar coat anything for anyone.
GFY!

The guys who built the Evo's probably don't know how every component works 100%. Especially how each of the numerous factors in it's design act to numerous conditions and the effects of aging.

Weren't Evo 5's recalled FFS?

Yes driving fast from the off is a bad mistake but we've all done it in our current or past cars, I always did it in a modified VTR as I liked the sound of the cold stainless steel exhaust, never had a prob.

Go hug a gun, you triggy happy US moron.
Old Oct 4, 2007, 04:56 AM
Evolved Member

Crap... I thought this was a car forum not a political battle ground. My bad.

Quick Reply: Raced, in the cold..oil light randomly comming on..car not boosting/running like shi