Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Why we love mitsu motors... ouchie!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2007, 11:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Faust
It's a IX Crate Engine going into an Evo IX. I don't think it would be stated as an "easy fix" if you would have to wire up Mivec and what not to a non-Mivec car. If you want to know what is involved in hooking up Mivec, Search...A member just recently made a thread about swaping a mivec head into his VIII and Yes, you need a Mivec ECU.
Where?? You cant mate a IX head to a VIII block. the was some kid that just put a IX into a VIII. Are you sure your not talking bout him?

Last edited by Evo_Jay; Oct 4, 2007 at 11:36 AM.
Old Oct 4, 2007, 12:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Evo_Kid
Where?? You cant mate a IX head to a VIII block. the was some kid that just put a IX into a VIII. Are you sure your not talking bout him?
I didn't say he mated a IX Head to a VIII Block.

I said "A member just recently made a thread about swaping a mivec head into his VIII and Yes, you need a Mivec ECU."

I never said he swapped it onto his VIII Block. I thought it was pretty self-explanatory that you can't put a IX Head onto an VIII Block. Next time I wil spell out exactly what I mean to say. Sometimes I think the members around here read into things just to argue about something or to feel superior...
Old Oct 4, 2007, 12:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Faust
I didn't say he mated a IX Head to a VIII Block.

I said "A member just recently made a thread about swaping a mivec head into his VIII and Yes, you need a Mivec ECU."

I never said he swapped it onto his VIII Block. I thought it was pretty self-explanatory that you can't put a IX Head onto an VIII Block. Next time I wil spell out exactly what I mean to say. Sometimes I think the members around here read into things just to argue about something or to feel superior...
What?? just to argue...nah. It was just the way you worded it, using the phase "MIVEC head into his VIII". Your right, you didn't "onto".

You could have just say "a IX motor in his VIII". That would have made more sense.

I know it self explanatory you cant put a IX head on a VIII block.

Last edited by Evo_Jay; Oct 4, 2007 at 12:17 PM.
Old Oct 4, 2007, 12:19 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvoTech
Have you ever heard of the word facetious? Chad was joking about about that becasue the oil and coolant misxed due to the giant hole in the block. Come on, no one is that stupid.

To all the haters blaming the owner and meth use,

First off. Have a little sympathy. This guy has to buy a brand new engine and have it put in. Do you have any idea what the bill is for that?

Second. I know the owner well and this car is cared for better than 99% of the Evos on this board. I am betting that this was a manufacturing flaw. VIP picked up on the same thing I saw. The oil pump is not connected to the balence shaft. I wonder if that is becasue it blew a chunk of balence shaft out of the block and ripped it out or if it broke first. Judging from the location of the hole, it almost looks like the balence shaft broke which would be a strange failure. I would like to know if the timing belt was intact since this drives that shaft.

Chad, please give us your analysis of the failure. Inquiring minds are dying to know
my bad..... youre obviously a highly intellectual guy and your "inquiring" mind is dying to know.. hahaha you try to use words that make you sound smart but yet you cant spell simple words like "because" and "balance"?? lmao have you ever heard of spell check? dont get your panties all twisted why are you so much on the defensive for "said" owner??? are you two "life partners" im jk... dont cry..
Old Oct 4, 2007, 12:23 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
ok guys...

back on track please...

cb
Old Oct 4, 2007, 12:24 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by 06MRV8Killer
Where did you get the crate motor at that price from?
I can get one for you at that price.

cb
Old Oct 4, 2007, 12:45 PM
Evolving Member

Chad check ur PM
Peace
Old Oct 4, 2007, 02:28 PM
Evolved Member

HEY, thats my car!
Old Oct 4, 2007, 02:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MitsuJDM
I think they are. I was there today and they have the "Team Dynamics" center cap.

I was wondering about that crate over in the corner that simply said "4G63" on it, haha.
they are real fq-400 wheels, i still managed to get them after the whole project gen debacle
Old Oct 4, 2007, 02:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvoTech
Holy crap! That is biggest hole in an Evo 4g63 block that I have eve seen. Congrats John, I think you get an award for that.

Chad, What actually let go. It looks like the rod is intact from the picture. What does the piston look like? BTW this car has less than 10K on it and it is not driven hard and well cared for. Did you test to see if the alky pump is working or if it failed? Many of us would like to know. Tune was done by a very reputable tuner.

yeah Ed, a very expensive award...
Old Oct 4, 2007, 02:34 PM
Evolved Member

meth is NOT going back on the car, im gonna just run it with the tbe, ebay o2, forge wga, hks intake, and a tune

No more meth for me...

Chad is an awesome guy, I want to thank him for doing the work for me. I have a family about 20 minutes from Chad's shop (where I was when the motor blew) so in a way I was fortunate that Chad's shop is so close...
Old Oct 4, 2007, 03:15 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by saiyanzzrage
meth is NOT going back on the car, im gonna just run it with the tbe, ebay o2, forge wga, hks intake, and a tune

No more meth for me...

Chad is an awesome guy, I want to thank him for doing the work for me. I have a family about 20 minutes from Chad's shop (where I was when the motor blew) so in a way I was fortunate that Chad's shop is so close...
John,

pm me i want to know which rest. it is again... if its which one i think it is... ill trade you your motor swap bill for free meals LOL! jk

cb
Old Oct 4, 2007, 03:38 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CBRD
John,

pm me i want to know which rest. it is again... if its which one i think it is... ill trade you your motor swap bill for free meals LOL! jk

cb
LOL that can be arranged, in fact, my cousin asked me if I wanted to come up there and manage the place...no joke!

Pm'd you the name
Old Oct 4, 2007, 03:39 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DSMorBUST
my bad..... youre obviously a highly intellectual guy and your "inquiring" mind is dying to know.. hahaha you try to use words that make you sound smart but yet you cant spell simple words like "because" and "balance"?? lmao have you ever heard of spell check? dont get your panties all twisted why are you so much on the defensive for "said" owner??? are you two "life partners" im jk... dont cry..

or maybe Ed is a good friend of mine?
Old Oct 4, 2007, 03:43 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CBRD
check this out...

a car that was towed to us... on a flatbed of course... its from NY...

nice... how are you doing there balance shaft?

and the pieces of the piston were falling out of the car as we moved the motor...

ouch!! alky gone bad? hmmm...

so... thanks to how cool mitsu is... we are installing this!!!

brand new crate motor...... at very reasonable pricing....

what an easy way to quickly fix a problem... otherwise needed a new shortie (apprx 2500).... gasket kit, oil pump cover (another 450).... labor more intensive (say 1700 to swap the new shortie and parts)... and headwork (another 1K or so...) plus fluids etc....

took the motor out today, will be back in tomorrow!

cheers guys

cb
wow, i never realized how sexy crate motors really are lol...

crate motor, meet your new owner

Quick Reply: Why we love mitsu motors... ouchie!