Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

P0300 help!!! TUNERS READ!!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2007, 07:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by App420
might have a defective c reader. I was getting it big time, then i put the creader in and it made the car 200% more drivable on the highway. Then i just got an AEM problem solved
i was thinking this as well. these things are cheap so i might have to go exchange it.
Old Oct 10, 2007, 08:12 AM
Evolved Member

E Launching could mean Error launching as in error launching the application.
Old Oct 10, 2007, 08:24 AM

i have the creader as well, and it works like a champ. i leave in the glove box and when the SES light pops on i pull it out of the glove box and plug it in, once it reads the code and erases it i unplug it and put it away. are you plugging it in when you have a code. try waiting till your SES light comes on then plug it in. it will flash a 1- then 2- then 3-, after that it should show the code, and do that about three to four times and then it will erase the code. i got it from my friend because i kept getting a p0137 code after installing my exhaust. i've only gotten the p0300 code 2 times and it is always at idle. try what i said and maybe it will help you out
Old Oct 10, 2007, 08:34 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by R2RS
i have the creader as well, and it works like a champ. i leave in the glove box and when the SES light pops on i pull it out of the glove box and plug it in, once it reads the code and erases it i unplug it and put it away. are you plugging it in when you have a code. try waiting till your SES light comes on then plug it in. it will flash a 1- then 2- then 3-, after that it should show the code, and do that about three to four times and then it will erase the code. i got it from my friend because i kept getting a p0137 code after installing my exhaust. i've only gotten the p0300 code 2 times and it is always at idle. try what i said and maybe it will help you out
not trying to sound like an *** but, y the hell else would i have bought this thing? of coarse the SES light is on.

all this Creader is saying is as follows....

E LAUNCHING - - - -

AND THATS IT!!!!!!!! its not saying anything other than that. and yes my SES light is currently on while im pluging in this creader
Old Oct 10, 2007, 08:41 AM

i wasnt sure if you had it plugged in without a light, like you said your creader may be defective. have you contacted the place where you bought it? maybe they can exchange it for you. the creader is a good tool when its working, hopefully they can get you a new one
Old Oct 10, 2007, 08:45 AM
Evolved Member

i wasnt sure if you had it plugged in without a light, like you said your creader may be defective. have you contacted the place where you bought it? maybe they can exchange it for you. the creader is a good tool when its working, hopefully they can get you a new one
the place i bought it was called Harbor Freight. if u know of it, its a cheap tool store. they have a few there in stock and im sure they dont sell out of them, so today after i leave work i will go exchange it for a different one. i mean this is really the only thinkg i can think of. sucks that this code is really taking us 03 and 04 owners for a ride. making us spend money we shouldnt have to.
Old Oct 10, 2007, 08:47 AM

the same always happens to me. dont let the defective one get you down, you will like the creader alot when it works properly
Old Oct 10, 2007, 08:49 AM
Evolved Member

the same always happens to me. dont let the defective one get you down, you will like the creader alot when it works properly
i sure hope so.

just so i know, please go through the steps that u follow when u throw a code. and tell me exactly what the creader reads. thanks
Old Oct 10, 2007, 09:03 AM

you got pm
Old Oct 10, 2007, 05:59 PM
Evolved Member

ok well i exchanged the creader for another one and the same exact thing.......

E LAUNCHING - - - -

thats all it is saying. its not finding the code, its not clearing it, its not doing anything.

so i went to autozone and cleared it and it ran like a evo again.

im so ****ing sick of doing this. im about to start a collection amongst us all members, and about to hire some sort of electric engineer or something to find a way to delete the parameter. i think it would be worth it to all us evo owners to have this **** taken care of once and for all.

is there any actions we can take against mitsubishi or something?

o and btw, i left the Creader in for the whole 5 mile ride to the gym. the code never cleared.
Old Oct 10, 2007, 08:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
I get on every once in a while. Not enough for me to worry about or even relly care. Soon the ECUFlash gurus will find a way to diable it in the ECU and no more cade for good