Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

P0300 help!!! TUNERS READ!!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2007, 07:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
P0300 help!!! TUNERS READ!!

ok so i read that the Creader

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=46030

left pluded in can fix this code but.....

will it prevent other codes from poping up as well? say for ex. my EGR valve vacume line pops off, will this Creader scanner block that as well?

if you plug the reader into the OBDII, and will that prevent your car from throwing ANY codes, ever? If its lean, or the O2 goes bad, you wont know. The only way to then get codes if you suspect them, is to unplug the C-reader and drive it through some cycles until it pops whatever codes.

also for u tuners/flashers. is there any way u can find that parameter in the ECU and shut it off? i think its about time the EVO comunity does something about this code for good.

Last edited by deadbeatrec; Oct 4, 2007 at 07:29 AM.
Old Oct 4, 2007, 08:03 AM
Evolving Member

+1 for wanting to get rid of the p0300 code
Old Oct 4, 2007, 08:10 AM
Evolving Member

I know it can be taken care of, talk to Al from dyno flash he can take care of it for you
Old Oct 4, 2007, 08:42 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by navysevo
I know it can be taken care of, talk to Al from dyno flash he can take care of it for you
but can he delete or block the parameter?
Old Oct 10, 2007, 04:24 AM
Evolved Member

well i bought one of these Creaders last night and pluged it in. all it says is...

E Launching - - - -

wtf? how do u use this thing? it read no code, it didnt clear the code, nothing. please help
Old Oct 10, 2007, 06:54 AM
Evolved Member

See if this thread helps
Old Oct 10, 2007, 06:57 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Willie Dynamite
where do u think i got it from? if u would look, i am posting in that thread.
Old Oct 10, 2007, 07:16 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by deadbeatrec
where do u think i got it from? if u would look, i am posting in that thread.
I only read the first two pages. And if you already posted in that thread than why make a new one, but whatever, I can"t help you.
Old Oct 10, 2007, 07:18 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Willie Dynamite
I only read the first two pages. And if you already posted in that thread than why make a new one, but whatever, I can"t help you.
because this "CREADER" thing isnt working at all. also if u read above i was asking if the parameter could be turned off through the ECU. many tuners for other makes and models can turn off anything they want, y cant we?
Old Oct 10, 2007, 07:40 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well i bought one of these Creaders last night and pluged it in. all it says is...

E Launching - - - -

wtf? how do u use this thing? it read no code, it didnt clear the code, nothing. please help
Did you wait about a minute for it to clear the code.. You probably didn't wait long enough.. Give it some time.
Old Oct 10, 2007, 07:40 AM
Evolved Member

if anyone is reading this, i bought the Creader mentioned in the other P0300 thread and its not working.

please refer to the last page of this thread

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=293954
Old Oct 10, 2007, 07:43 AM
Account Disabled

There is hope on the near term horizon

The Cobb AP is comming out now for Evos and the pro tuner tuning application is a few weeks behind

This tuning tool should give us control to click on and off cel's like with the Cobb Subaru product

The Access Port will just eliminate these kind of problems

As for the current reflashes available fo 0300 codes I can not turn it off 100 % although I have been working on that in my spare time for at least a year now its a testing process that had gone no where.

0300 code issues are very common on all Evos - even stock ones and more particularly with modified ones. This is why Mitsubishi came out with so many 0300 code revisions in 2004 and 2003 model years.

It seems that largely in the 2006 year the problem is resolved

I have seen bone stock 03 Evos with huge 0300 code problems and which had to be lemmon lawed back to mistsu becuase they could not fix the problem.

Please try the C reader - if you follow the right steps it will prevent the code from comming on

Al
Old Oct 10, 2007, 07:43 AM
Evolved Member

because this "CREADER" thing isnt working at all. also if u read above i was asking if the parameter could be turned off through the ECU. many tuners for other makes and models can turn off anything they want, y cant we?
True, I can change all types of thing on my VW. However I can't have my VW dyno tuned so I guess you have to accept certain trade offs.

By the way I get the p0300 as well.
Old Oct 10, 2007, 07:46 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DynoFlash
There is hope on the near term horizon

The Cobb AP is comming out now for Evos and the pro tuner tuning application is a few weeks behind

This tuning tool should give us control to click on and off cel's like with the Cobb Subaru product

The Access Port will just eliminate these kind of problems

As for the current reflashes available fo 0300 codes I can not turn it off 100 % although I have been working on that in my spare time for at least a year now its a testing process that had gone no where.

0300 code issues are very common on all Evos - even stock ones and more particularly with modified ones. This is why Mitsubishi came out with so many 0300 code revisions in 2004 and 2003 model years.

It seems that largely in the 2006 year the problem is resolved

I have seen bone stock 03 Evos with huge 0300 code problems and which had to be lemmon lawed back to mistsu becuase they could not fix the problem.

Please try the C reader - if you follow the right steps it will prevent the code from comming on

Al
i am currently in somewhat contact with Ted B and still nothing. this Creader thing isnt doing jack. i have followed all the steps i was told and still is reading the same. all it is saying is

E Launching - - - -

like its reading a code or something, but it just wont register. i waited 2 mins for this thing to read and still nothing. car on and off. im lost right now.
Old Oct 10, 2007, 07:51 AM
Evolving Member

might have a defective c reader. I was getting it big time, then i put the creader in and it made the car 200% more drivable on the highway. Then i just got an AEM problem solved

Quick Reply: P0300 help!!! TUNERS READ!!