Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

1100whp or Bust! this Monday

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2007, 10:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I believe AMS uses JUN 272 cams.
Old Oct 8, 2007, 11:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bolio
What cams did Buschur knockoff? Do they have the exact same specs?
And why do you call them cheap? Do you mean cheaply made or cheaper in price than the company you claim he copied?

Off topic, does anyone know what cams AMS uses on their drag car?
AMS uses 280 GSC
Old Oct 8, 2007, 11:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
Since there are some douche bag comments in this thread..........

We don't rent the track, we go to track rentals. Track rentals are simply some group that rents the track for 4-6 hours. Then about 50 cars come in and pay the guy who rented the track $60-100 each. This allows you to actually run the car down the track rather than wait in line for 4 hours to make one run and hope you get it right. The stupid *** comments about us setting records only at track rentals is because that is the only time we go other than our shootouts. For you buttholes that like to make ignorant comments let me remind you the first ever 8 second run in an EVO8 was done in front of close to 3,000 Mitsubishi fans. Then this year at the Subi VS Mitsu Showdown in front of about 1,000 people we ran a 9.0 at 168 mph on a destroyed turbo that everyone else saw. Keep you dumb comments to yourself. NRP is so crowded that going on a Wednesday or Friday, if you are lucky, you will get 2-3 passes all night long. I don't have that kind of time to sit around and wait to run the car on a track with no traction from FWD junk running on street tires.

The comment about our cams.........whatever.

The comment about ours and AMS's car being so light, again whatever. Your car has been gutted all year. It's like when you celebrated from running a 9.72 at 146 on the 37r kit and celebrating because it was faster than my RS. Your car was on a biased ply drag tire, no interior and tiny *** drag brakes from AMS. Running 9.72 at 146 to my 9.77 at 148 was a joke to be honest. 2 mph slower with a larger turbo and car that was drag only at that point........

Dyno numbers are for bragging.

I try to stay out of your threads but I just can't stand it anymore. More and more they are filled with little digs and comments from not only your supporters and "sponsors" but now I get one directly from you about weight. Get real.
When i ran 9.72 the only things i had taken out of the car where
1 front seat,1 crash beam and the rear seats. I still had full carpet,full cage,and much more plus im about 235lbs.

David you just seem to get off on rubbing people the wrong way. Your nasty pm you sent me about the Ebay coil-on plug, then sent one to my mechanic which was very surprising to me. This is just the start of half of the crap ive gotten from you. Even than i still call and congratulate you on your times. Still call and buy stuff from you.

I'm having a blast with my evo and everything im learning and accomplishing from what ive been doing. Ive met some awesome folks and help some businesses grow which is worth it for me. I do this for fun you do this for a living as one of your comments in your PM said.

I just spent almost $8000 going to BOTI in Vegas. Between my Truck Tranny going out in Bosie Idaho and a Uhaul to tow the car. Than hotel and other charges. LOL that best time i ran was 10.7 at 147mph. Didn't realize i had knocked two rockers off from spinning the motor to over 10,400rpm Ya know what i didn't run my 8s or get over 160mph but ill get there. Plus my syncros where toast from me learning to drive.

So i get my car back me and my brother-inlaw decided to build our own tranny. Pulled it out tore it apart and rebuilt her. Get everything together head to the track with about 1 hr sleep first 2 passes out only wastegate boost. Than i realize that from me kneeling over the engine bay trying to get the damm pain the *** bolt into the transfer case i put a hole into the wastegate line. I fix that and go again boost up to 50psi and boom! My 90deg coupling blows up. I bum one off a friend of mine and head back out. My car wont start... the good ole Oddesy battery broke inside from me taking it on and off so many times.

My point David is im having a blast with my evo and i will hit my goals sooner or later. I'm getting to the point i really don't care what you have to say anymore.
The HP# are for bragging rights and also to help my sponsors. I cant race so its dyno loven for me this winter

Last edited by Paul Nelson; Oct 9, 2007 at 12:03 AM.
Old Oct 9, 2007, 12:30 AM
Evolved Member

wow 2 grown men argueing about hp numbers,weight,times,traps,etc....sad!grow the fu(k up,seriously.

who cares who is faster,lighter,bigger turbo etc...who cares...we all do this b/c its what we love..

AMS & Buschur are the leaders of the evo world.Then you get some rich guy who can buy whatever he wants and thinks he can hang...haha
Old Oct 9, 2007, 12:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by davidbuschur
Since there are some douche bag comments in this thread..........

We don't rent the track, we go to track rentals. Track rentals are simply some group that rents the track for 4-6 hours. Then about 50 cars come in and pay the guy who rented the track $60-100 each. This allows you to actually run the car down the track rather than wait in line for 4 hours to make one run and hope you get it right. The stupid *** comments about us setting records only at track rentals is because that is the only time we go other than our shootouts. For you buttholes that like to make ignorant comments let me remind you the first ever 8 second run in an EVO8 was done in front of close to 3,000 Mitsubishi fans. Then this year at the Subi VS Mitsu Showdown in front of about 1,000 people we ran a 9.0 at 168 mph on a destroyed turbo that everyone else saw. Keep you dumb comments to yourself. NRP is so crowded that going on a Wednesday or Friday, if you are lucky, you will get 2-3 passes all night long. I don't have that kind of time to sit around and wait to run the car on a track with no traction from FWD junk running on street tires.

The comment about our cams.........whatever.

The comment about ours and AMS's car being so light, again whatever. Your car has been gutted all year. It's like when you celebrated from running a 9.72 at 146 on the 37r kit and celebrating because it was faster than my RS. Your car was on a biased ply drag tire, no interior and tiny *** drag brakes from AMS. Running 9.72 at 146 to my 9.77 at 148 was a joke to be honest. 2 mph slower with a larger turbo and car that was drag only at that point........

Dyno numbers are for bragging.

I try to stay out of your threads but I just can't stand it anymore. More and more they are filled with little digs and comments from not only your supporters and "sponsors" but now I get one directly from you about weight. Get real.

Stuff like this is what keeps me away from Buschur Products. I think they have some of the BEST products in the market today, but you have people like Al Freeman and yourself coming on this forum and spouting off at the mouth.

If you're so F'ing good why do you continue to make posts like this here? It's Evolutionm in the long run it doesnt matter. If you went out and ran 8s in an evo and said "We ran 8s" and didn't respond to any of the BS that gets you going EVERY time, I'd be buying parts from you more often (I have to admit with you being a state away I sometimes get stuck buying from you). Who gives a **** what people think/say, why come here and obviously act irritated? You make your numbers, you ran your times, the proof is right there. So what if someone figured out how to slap a label on an M and W box like you did, the freaking ignitions arent even your bread and butter so what does it matter?

Dave I think you're a good guy, I just think you make poor decisions when you sit infront of the keyboard.

Old Oct 9, 2007, 12:49 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by GT35REVO8
wow 2 grown men argueing about hp numbers,weight,times,traps,etc....sad!grow the fu(k up,seriously.

who cares who is faster,lighter,bigger turbo etc...who cares...we all do this b/c its what we love..

AMS & Buschur are the leaders of the evo world.Then you get some rich guy who can buy whatever he wants and thinks he can hang...haha
you amaze me...I vividly remember your sig.

1st evo in hawaii to have a gt35r
1st evo in hawaii to have an aem ems
1st evo in hawaii that has a stock uicp and clutch and is the bomb
1st evo in hawaii no one really cares

and you want to talk about people bragging?

and you want to make assumptions that Paul is "trying" to hang...what'd he ever do to you?

worry about your own car and not what other people do with theirs
Old Oct 9, 2007, 01:12 AM
Former Sponsor

i wouldn't call Paul some rich guy, Paul works very hard for everything he has, and unlike what you seem to believe he can not go buy whatever he wants, even though im sure he wishes he could
Old Oct 9, 2007, 01:37 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by chaotichoax

and you want to make assumptions that Paul is "trying" to hang...what'd he ever do to you?

hahahah
Old Oct 9, 2007, 01:42 AM

I'm sure this thread will be shut down soon enough!!
Old Oct 9, 2007, 02:01 AM
Evolved Member

Ignorance is bliss... It was very much back on subject until you arrived, good day sir...

Last edited by wshihdnevo; Oct 9, 2007 at 02:03 AM. Reason: we're gonna need mo wax!
Old Oct 9, 2007, 02:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
You know, DSM shootout is right around the corner... why not hold off on the dyno and hit the track?
Old Oct 9, 2007, 05:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
good luck to ya
Old Oct 9, 2007, 05:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 4TUN8
Stuff like this is what keeps me away from Buschur Products. I think they have some of the BEST products in the market today, but you have people like Al Freeman and yourself coming on this forum and spouting off at the mouth.

If you're so F'ing good why do you continue to make posts like this here? It's Evolutionm in the long run it doesnt matter. If you went out and ran 8s in an evo and said "We ran 8s" and didn't respond to any of the BS that gets you going EVERY time, I'd be buying parts from you more often (I have to admit with you being a state away I sometimes get stuck buying from you). Who gives a **** what people think/say, why come here and obviously act irritated? You make your numbers, you ran your times, the proof is right there. So what if someone figured out how to slap a label on an M and W box like you did, the freaking ignitions arent even your bread and butter so what does it matter?

Dave I think you're a good guy, I just think you make poor decisions when you sit infront of the keyboard.

[/I]
+1
Old Oct 9, 2007, 06:12 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by chaotichoax

haha, now go sit in the corner and think about what you said little tommy.
Old Oct 9, 2007, 06:25 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by fimotorsports
You know, DSM shootout is right around the corner... why not hold off on the dyno and hit the track?
Man i wish i could go but ive been working from 5:30 am till 11pm almost 6 days a week I would do anything to go and race there. The car is running good right now to
I think next time im going to ship my car like you did and fly!

Quick Reply: 1100whp or Bust! this Monday