Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

To all GT35r turbo owners

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2007, 09:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by typac69
I heard stock ignition will start being affected at 500 hpish. i dont think on 26 lbs of boost. i was running 28-29psi and it was fine. I will be running and recommend the buschur c.o.p. ignition little costly but well worth it. running tons of boost and meth.. no misfires will be sweet at 30+ lbs of boost
Yes you do if you run your plugs at factory gap. I run BR COP now, but I was able to run 35psi on a 30R with the stock ingnition. You just have to gap the plugs to 22. I didn't have a problem after that.
Old Oct 20, 2007, 09:31 PM
Evolving Member

Reading this post is killing me. I am looking at three 35r powered evo's right now. I wanted to buy a new IX then mod, but I cant afford down time or the 10-15 grand to mod over night. I have found some that were built right and sorted very well ( that sorted part is very important ). I really need to unlad my STI first because I just bought my wife a boob job with turbo siezed implants so I cant afford two cars at the same time. I just hope the 35r will last and be liveable every day compaired to my STI. I have the subaru set up perfectly for the street and dont want to regret unloading it for an unliveable evo. One of these evo's is running a 2.4l and a t-4/35r and sounds awsome. I feel more comfortable going this direction now.

Last edited by mofoSTI; Oct 21, 2007 at 07:12 PM.
Old Oct 20, 2007, 10:14 PM
Evolved Member

ive been debating 35r or 30r not sure what im gonna get but i should have it in about a year, just gathering funds for everything else i need(AEM standalone, built head, intake mani)i just want a 500whp weekend car lol
Old Oct 20, 2007, 10:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by LT1runner
I understood what you're saying. This must also be true with a 30R\2.0 combo as well.
Rpm for full spool is only part of the equation a 2.3 and 35r would get romped by an equally prepared 2.0 30R around the cones, there is no way to over come the loss of low end tq or transient response.

Scorke
Old Oct 20, 2007, 11:45 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by HeLLA JDM y0
so when it comes time to smog, what do you guys do?
*cough*
Old Oct 21, 2007, 11:14 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by HeLLA JDM y0
*cough*
We have emissions testing here in nashville, and I have no problems. Thank God I'm not on AEM EMS. I use MAFT Pro for the speed density conversion and fuel, and ECU flash for everything else. It's working really good for me. It's a 10 min. cat conv swap and 10 min. test and happy boosting for me.
Old Oct 21, 2007, 02:03 PM
Evolved Member

I just had Buscur's 35RHTA (FP) put on. Great daily driving and no surging at all. I'll be making a thread on this tomorrow so keep an eye out. I'll be posting a before and after dyno sheet comparing the two kits that I had. It's amazing.
Old Oct 21, 2007, 03:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Invoice EVO
I just had Buscur's 35RHTA (FP) put on. Great daily driving and no surging at all. I'll be making a thread on this tomorrow so keep an eye out. I'll be posting a before and after dyno sheet comparing the two kits that I had. It's amazing.
GREAT! Are you on a 2.3 ltr? I wish more people knew what a 2.3ltr with the HTA setup. Easy daily driver. Boost comes on better than I expected.
Old Oct 21, 2007, 03:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mofoSTI
Reading this post is killing me. I am looking at three 35r powered evo's right now. I wanted to buy a new IX then mod, but I cant afford down time or the 10-15 grand to mod over night. I have found some that were built right and sorted very well ( that sorted part is very important ). I really need to unlad my STI first because I just bought my wyfe a boob job with turbo siezed implants so I cant afford two cars at the same time. I just hope the 35r will last and be liveable every day compairedto my STI. I have the subaru set up perfectly for the street and dont want to regret unloading it for an unliveable evo. One of these evo's is running a 2.4l and a t-4/35r and sounds awsome. I feel more comfortable going this direction now.

you just got your wife a Turbo sized boob job and you're bored of them already? Jee tell me how big are her *****? The size of a FP Green? GT30R? 50 Trim?

Ohh I see, you're waiting to step up to GT35R sized ***** right?
Old Oct 21, 2007, 03:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by LT1runner
GREAT! Are you on a 2.3 ltr? I wish more people knew what a 2.3ltr with the HTA setup. Easy daily driver. Boost comes on better than I expected.
No 2.0.
Old Oct 21, 2007, 05:32 PM
Evolved Member

how high are you spinning to?
Old Oct 21, 2007, 07:07 PM
Evolving Member

More like 35dd. I have got to quit posting when I am drunk! PBR FTW!!!!
Old Oct 22, 2007, 07:36 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mofoSTI
More like 35dd. I have got to quit posting when I am drunk! PBR FTW!!!!
Very Nice. . .
Old Oct 23, 2007, 04:15 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by NYEvoguy
I have a daily driven 03 Evo with all the BPU on her. In the spring I am planning on doing Alcohol injection, 1000cc injectors and a complete GT35r kit. My goal is to hit 510WHP on a conservative to mild tune and run 10's in the quarter. But I have to ask you guys whom already have a GT35r on your car a question:

Overall are you happy with your turbo? I mean if you had to do it all over again would you make the same choice of turbo or choose a different turbo?
If daily driving experience is most important of your criteria then it might not be a bad idea to consider something just bit smaller. We offer a few slightly smaller turbo options that will still get you to the 510whp and 10s on pump+ meth, but will offer a better powerband for street use and overall driveability. If you're interested, I welcome the opportunity to discuss your goals and priorities to help point you in the right direction

Tom
Old Jan 28, 2008, 07:34 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ETS Tom
We offer a few slightly smaller turbo options that will still get you to the 510whp and 10s on pump+ meth, but will offer a better powerband for street use and overall driveability. If you're interested, I welcome the opportunity to discuss your goals and priorities to help point you in the right direction

Tom
Such As?

Quick Reply: To all GT35r turbo owners