Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Techno Square ECU upgrade

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2003, 12:59 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Techno Square ECU upgrade

Just got my car back yesterday from Techno Square. **** the car turned into a beast. Power all the way through redline amazing.
Old Jul 12, 2003, 01:02 PM
Evolving Member

By the way does anybody have any reviews on the Techno Square ecu upgrade. Any ways i'm going for dyno to see what this ecu really did i'll keep ya posted.
Old Jul 12, 2003, 01:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
How much was the ECU and installation?
Old Jul 12, 2003, 01:12 PM
Evolving Member

It was Free R&D testing. They needed a car that was modified so i volunteered my evo for a week.
Old Jul 12, 2003, 01:38 PM
Evolving Member

You may wish to hook up a scan tool and see what kind of ignition advance you're running now. In thread Boycott RMR!!! - Long *** Rant, Shawn Glass reported:
They put my car on a dyno and reflashed the ecu, supposedly tuning the car for the mods I have, etc. Found out the other day when I took the car to Shiv's that it had detonation at idle and 50 degrees of timing advance at 1700 rpms!!! WTF? I had Shiv speak directly to Blair while I was there. RMR's solution? Ship them the ecu overnight and they will reflash it back to stock Shiv couldn't do any tuning on my car at all in the state the ecu was in. I get the ecu back today and put it in my car, it wont idle at all now with my foot off the gas. It dies if I keep my foot on the gas at 1500 rpms, wtf? Their response, well Tadashi (or whatever his name is) builds race cars for big motorsports companies. If that's the case why the f*ck cant he get some code right in my ECU?? Oh yeah, it cost me $200 for shiv to diagnose the problem with the ecu and $30 to overnight it down to RMR, when asked if I would be reimbursed for it, "uh, no, you didn't pay for the mod so we aren't going to reimburse you". Which is fine if the F'IN mod worked!
It appears that the "Tadashi" mentioned in Shawn's post is the one at TechnoSquare and that Shawn's reflash was free, too (presumably his freebie was also for "R&D" on a modified Evo).
Old Jul 15, 2003, 10:10 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Glad you like the ECU,

TechnoSquare is by far one of THE best ECU tuners out there today

--Cheston
Old Jul 15, 2003, 10:16 AM
Evolved Member

url ?
Old Jul 15, 2003, 12:41 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Chebosto
Glad you like the ECU,

TechnoSquare is by far one of THE best ECU tuners out there today

--Cheston
Chebosto, I'm guessing you're the guy responsible for this thread at www.350Zforum.com: Info I found on ECU tuning. It appears that Tadashi is at the stage of the learning process with the US Evo ECU that you/he were back in April when working on the 350Z ECU:
4-21-03
... locating the fuel map for the car seems to be the most difficult portion of the ecu reprogram.... It seems Nissan didnt' go with their traditional fuel/timing map layout. Ignition map is already found. Doesn't really make much sense (in terms of what it displays) but we found it. ...

4-29-03
We have a good idea on how to tune the 350Z, but we need to do a 'heavy' mod so that it triggers the ECU to do something major to the numbers so we can find those key values, and base the tuning off what changes......
In other words, TechnoSquare is giving free re-flashes to modded Evos in order to "trigger the ECU to do something major" so Tadashi can better understand which maps do what and what the individual map numbers mean. And yet, even though I'm betting Tadashi doesn't have a complete understanding of what's going on yet (if he did, there'd be no free reflashes because R&D would have been completed), he seems to have no compunction about making changes whose ramifications he doesn't completely understand and then sending these customers on their way.

I've no doubt that Tadashi's understanding of the US Evo ECU will improve over time. I'm just trying to caution those who've already been reflashed to be VERY vigilant of what their ECU's doing and make sure it's not doing something really stupid, like Shawn's was.

BTW, their website is:
www.technosquareinc.com
Old Aug 9, 2003, 01:42 PM
Evolved Member

I had my ECU reflashed at the same time as Shawn Glass by Tadashi from Technosquare. Since then, I've had 0 problems. I have driven very hard, driven in hot weather with the A/C going, driven across the country (2,700 miles) without a stutter, etc. I think Tadashi has a very good handle on what's going on. Once I finally finish my power mods (poss. a new intercooler, GT3037 turbo, Toda 2.3L kit), I am going to ship my car back to him to work his magic. I am a believer...

Just my 2 cents.
Old Sep 11, 2003, 10:59 AM

Techno Square is a new company but the people that works or owns it were in these business for so many years. Richie Watanabe and his brother, Howard are awsome guys. They used to have a shop named H.M.R. before they moved to UPRD. I've used them for more than a decade now and will use them again for my Evo. I was skeptic about Techno Square until one day I called and Richie answered. From then, I'm hooked.