Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Improving knock resistance?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2007, 06:55 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Since when does extra features for a similar price not add up to a better value?
Old Oct 28, 2007, 07:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
I would get the zeitronix wideband.
What kinda price for a minimum Zeitronix WB? Is there a reason to need more than the minimum?
Old Oct 28, 2007, 08:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by SWOLN
What kinda price for a minimum Zeitronix WB? Is there a reason to need more than the minimum?
The min. setup with the Zeitronix cost $279, but it logs AFR, TPS, RPM and an user input right out of the box. With additional MAP and EGT sensor , it can also log boost and EGT. Dont get me wrong, I have this setup and I liked it. And before the days of EVOscan it was a great logging system.

But if you just need to get AFR into your EVOscan logs, the the $199 LC-1 is better, as it only logs AFR out the box. You can log everything the Zeitronix can with the LC-1 but you need additional sensors and another thing (lm3 i think), which will cost more then just getting a zeitronix and sensors..

So its like this, If you need a whole system, zeitronix is more bang for the buck. if you just need to get AFR into your EVOScan logs, then the LC-1 is cheaper.

Also, people will argue all day which is better (TTP And Nj come to mind), but I could care less. Theres been tests that said both are the best and the other one sucks. But what really matters is that theres people going fast, very fast with both WBs. So, i dont think one is better, its just about taste and needs.
Old Nov 10, 2007, 03:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
Rocking the throttle body mod and its damn cold here in the northeast. No issues
Old Nov 10, 2007, 09:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm not running the coolant lines to the TB either... but I live in the Caribbean

I've heard guys in the UK do it with no problems though

In terms of knock resistance, would reducing back pressure help? Like a more free flowing exhaust manifold, ported or larger turbine housing, and then a better turbo elbow?

With that said.. I've heard det occurs on the intake side of a piston from ignition advance, and det occurs on the exhaust of the piston on lean AFR's. Presumably the knock resistance the OP is talking about is in terms of ignition advance.. so maybe exhaust back pressure won't really help?
Old Nov 10, 2007, 09:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by crcain
I'm not running the coolant lines to the TB either... but I live in the Caribbean

I've heard guys in the UK do it with no problems though

In terms of knock resistance, would reducing back pressure help? Like a more free flowing exhaust manifold, ported or larger turbine housing, and then a better turbo elbow?

With that said.. I've heard det occurs on the intake side of a piston from ignition advance, and det occurs on the exhaust of the piston on lean AFR's. Presumably the knock resistance the OP is talking about is in terms of ignition advance.. so maybe exhaust back pressure won't really help?
Caribbean u say? Where from? I'm from trinidad
Old Nov 10, 2007, 10:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 11secEVO7
Caribbean u say? Where from? I'm from trinidad
Hey! I'm in Antigua. Here is a pic of mine and some friends Evo's:

http://www.clubctrl.com/evo_sun_076.jpg
Old Nov 10, 2007, 02:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by crcain
Hey! I'm in Antigua. Here is a pic of mine and some friends Evo's:

http://www.clubctrl.com/evo_sun_076.jpg

Ahhh..the older models..I love the 5's and 6's!
Sweet ride you got there..esp if it's the rs model.

I had a Evo 7...have since sold it and now bought myself a damaged one to fix over and mod it to hell