Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Max power on GT4294R?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2007, 05:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by scheides
You should be able to break 300whp FOR SURE, but you will need to upgrade your stock injectors and FMIC if you want to do more than that.

wow..

drink a couple more buddy..

someone revoke his evom rights!! lol..

the 42R is rated up to 900+HP...of course with injectors,COP ignition, etc..all the required goodies....better have a good tuner.
__________________________________________________ ___
GOD IN TRAINING
Old Nov 1, 2007, 04:12 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Will send you an attachment of the graph that we made 789 WHP the last time it was dynoed.

Originally Posted by Ted B
Probably so. I'd have to see torque vs. rpm plotted to be certain.

It's a bit like getting 650whp from a GT35R. Possible? Yes. Likely? No.

I'm always up for a challenge, let me know if I can assist.
Old Nov 5, 2007, 09:29 AM
Evolved Member

GTREVO,hope your break the 9.9 street satria record,good luck.Any pic of new car?
Old Nov 5, 2007, 11:07 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GTREVO
The car is a new all purpose drag car that I will run on the 10th November and the setup is follows

1) Magnus custom ROSS 8.5:1 pistons
2) Custom 93 mm stroke crankshaft
3) Oliver rods
4) Stage 5 race ported custom Dan Paramore cylinder head with oversized valves and Supertech valve springs
5) Jun 272 camshafts
6) HKS Kansai intake manifold
7) Nissan Infiniti Q45 90 mm throttle body
8) Garrett bar and plate GT spec 26 x 14 x 5 inch intercooler core
9) Running an MSD 2 step ignition system
10) Autronic SM4 full programmable ecu

Running 50 psi of boost is no issues and the fuel we are running now is VP C16.

Turbo has a 0.98 rear end only thus we doubt if 900 is even possible.

What do you think?
Everything you listed looks great but i would go aluminum rods if this is a drag car. From our testing the steel rods just beat the hell out of the bearings with revving to over 10k and 1000whp. Once we put the Groden Aluminum rods in my bearings where awesome for the first time
Old Nov 5, 2007, 11:09 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jmartinez1170

Take a look at the pic what psi are they running .

The 4202 didn't make anymore power from 49psi -55psi. The 55psi and 22deg of timing was just ***** out on the dynoThe motor was coming apart soon so we didn't care
Now we are going to a 4202 housings with a 45r wheel machined to fit in the next few weeks so im sure we can push a few more ponys and psi
Old Nov 25, 2007, 03:58 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ifarted2
Everything you listed looks great but i would go aluminum rods if this is a drag car. From our testing the steel rods just beat the hell out of the bearings with revving to over 10k and 1000whp. Once we put the Groden Aluminum rods in my bearings where awesome for the first time
Hi, did you have a replacement interval for the Grodens, and if so what was it? Did Groden make a recommendation for that engine speed and power level?

What peak oil temps does an engine like that typically see in the entire period from from startup till the run is complete?

TIA
Old Nov 25, 2007, 07:47 AM
Evolving Member

Are we talking bout rod bearings? Cause thats what we're facing now. Absolutely ripped the **** out of the rod bearings turning it to 9500 rpms! And we were wondering why..
Old Nov 25, 2007, 08:01 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Ang Wen Yan
GTREVO,hope your break the 9.9 street satria record,good luck.Any pic of new car?
Not worried at all bout that car mate, the timer on that particullra night had a real problem as cars were showing faster times than they were doing. Approximately bout 0.5 seconds quicker.

His elapsed speed when he did that time was 220 km/hr and thats 136 mph, ask any of the guys here in evo m, pulling a 9.8 and 9.9 with that trap speed not running on slicks and a proper VHT launch area is very very unlikely.

To back up this fact, on the last round of the drag battle at Sepang our drag evo 3 on its first maiden run making only a limited 33 psi of boost and 9000rpm restricted rev, pulled a 10.3 out on its first ever run at 136 mph to pull the fastest time of the night. It stayed out on the 2nd heats and got a walkover on the quarter and semi finals for the night. ON the final run, the 2nd gear popped out at 7700 rpm thus conceded the run to a 11.5 sec Evo 6 from Singapore.. But no worries, the fact that the car worked well on its first shakedown run made it all for the team...

The purple satria pulled a 10.5 and even boosted up to pull a 10.4 on the next round but never came close to the 10.3 the drag evo 3 did for its power restricted run. Given the exact condition and the power it was running, its not a 9 sec car. The timers were off on the round before that. We know we were still quicker. Its no glory pulling a 9 sec with timers that make the ' wonders ' for you...

The reason for this is that the team is sorting out some technical issues with the motor and power is way way down at 33 psi from the targeted 45 psi that they will run next season.

I have no doubts, a mid 9 pull at over 145 mph will be seen then..
Old Dec 10, 2007, 03:10 PM

You have full boost @ 6400 rpm. lets say 40 psi.

what is the boost @ 4000 rpm and 5000 rpm?
Old Dec 10, 2007, 03:16 PM
Evolved Member

Are we talking bout rod bearings? Cause thats what we're facing now. Absolutely ripped the **** out of the rod bearings turning it to 9500 rpms! And we were wondering why..
according to Groden you can daily drive the rods to 70k mile until you check them. Our bearings have been awesome since went with them. Our oil pressure down the track is 80-90psi. Still stock crank and 20-50wt Amzoil
Old Dec 10, 2007, 04:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
70k?! I am liking that option, but I want to see someone actually put some serious miles on them. We know they hold the power but I want to see 50,000+ miles
Old Dec 10, 2007, 05:34 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah i hear ya we have 2 sets up here and Lucas English is going to run them in his daily driver at about 500-700whp
Old Dec 10, 2007, 08:36 PM
Evolving Member

according to Groden you can daily drive the rods to 70k mile until you check them. Our bearings have been awesome since went with them. Our oil pressure down the track is 80-90psi. Still stock crank and 20-50wt Amzoil
Thanks for the tip Paul..glad we have guys like you who are so open bout the development of your motor so that people like us can learn a thing or two when problems arise...
Old Dec 10, 2007, 09:11 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks for the tip Paul..glad we have guys like you who are so open bout the development of your motor so that people like us can learn a thing or two when problems arise...
No problem man we are all here to help each other out We also have a few mods on the oil pump. also going to a .006 wall clearance on the pistons. I'm sure on a real conservative tune you could get away with a tighter wall clearance but im always pushing to hard
Old Dec 11, 2007, 07:04 AM
Evolving Member

No problem man we are all here to help each other out We also have a few mods on the oil pump. also going to a .006 wall clearance on the pistons. I'm sure on a real conservative tune you could get away with a tighter wall clearance but im always pushing to hard

Am running .007 on the wall clearance now with the ROSS ...so far so good except for the mashed rod bearings..

Believe me..over here we are pushing as hard as hard as you... you said 55 psi earlier, and we are going there after we build the new motor...have a problem with headlifting at high boost though..tried all sorts of gasket and even the AMS/TMS L19 studs...didn't changed nothing. You running O rings in yours?

Quick Reply: Max power on GT4294R?