Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

My Zex Nitrous setup

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2007, 10:23 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hokiruu
that is wack.
wiggidy wack?
no, just regular kind.

did you just forget to add a TBE and other mods to your sig, or actually forget to put them on the car?

i hate nitrous. i hate nitrous even more when it's on an Evo, unless it's all you can do after a massive turbo, which i still wouldn't do. and i especially hate nitrous when it's on of the first things someone does to a car and still get a weak time.

Assuming you are determined to show what can be done on this setup I so highly disapprove of, please do yourself and all of us a favor and run it properly without having excuses for such a mediocre timeslip.
how about you bring your *** up to Colorado and try to run your shiznet ,you will suck ***** and then i can talk **** to you

and as for the nitrous thing i would gather you have never had it and you dont know much about it, so if i were you i would stick to the show or shine thread.

Last edited by evoballer; Nov 2, 2007 at 12:57 AM.
Old Nov 1, 2007, 10:25 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evo420
oh yea and no exhaust mods???
if your a TIGHT *** i think the megan works well.
ya i gutted my cat but i need a turbo back! its my next investment
Old Nov 2, 2007, 01:12 AM
Evolved Member

not to dogg your **** man but zex kits are junk dude.

their "smart box" will freak out on you and not spray the car for dumb reasons.
listen to the domestic guys they will tell you to stay the **** away from zex.

NX has the best solonoids TNT is a nice kit also.

Bottle heaters are a must. Torch that ***** you will not make power unless pressure is up
Old Nov 2, 2007, 01:31 AM
Evolving Member

True story!!! ^^^^^^
Old Nov 2, 2007, 01:41 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ONRAILS
not to dogg your **** man but zex kits are junk dude.

their "smart box" will freak out on you and not spray the car for dumb reasons.
listen to the domestic guys they will tell you to stay the **** away from zex.

NX has the best solonoids TNT is a nice kit also.

Bottle heaters are a must. Torch that ***** you will not make power unless pressure is up
its chill man iv only had good things with zex , i had a nx set up before and both solonoids failed were the zex have been flawless.
Old Nov 2, 2007, 07:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by evoballer
how about you bring your *** up to Colorado and try to run your shiznet ,you will suck ***** and then i can talk **** to you

and as for the nitrous thing i would gather you have never had it and you dont know much about it, so if i were you i would stick to the show or shine thread.
I live and drive at significantly higher elevation than you. You can already talk **** to me from where you are without me coming DOWN there. You already are. Regarding the "show and shine" attempt at a dig, you're the one with the JDM tyte airbox, audio system, and suede headliner bringing "females" down the strip. Not that there's is anything wrong with that.
Anyway, this is childish. I just don't understand what the point is of running something "with an empty bottle", getting a mediocre timeslip, and posting it with that excuse. Why not just get a good solid run and then post it. That's on e of the problems with nitrous that I don't like, it runs out, and when it happens your car is "slow" again, and you have to explain that it's out (make excuses).
I also was just wondering if and why you hadn't gotten at least a TBE before something like nitrous.

Last edited by hokiruu; Nov 2, 2007 at 07:42 AM.
Old Nov 2, 2007, 07:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yea, I think the Zex vs everyone argument is just an issue of there being 10x as many zex kits as any other brand on the market, that and too many people who dont understand how they work.. eg.. people who want a push button controller vs WOT activation.
Old Nov 2, 2007, 05:15 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by hokiruu
I live and drive at significantly higher elevation than you. You can already talk **** to me from where you are without me coming DOWN there. You already are. Regarding the "show and shine" attempt at a dig, you're the one with the JDM tyte airbox, audio system, and suede headliner bringing "females" down the strip. Not that there's is anything wrong with that.
Anyway, this is childish. I just don't understand what the point is of running something "with an empty bottle", getting a mediocre timeslip, and posting it with that excuse. Why not just get a good solid run and then post it. That's on e of the problems with nitrous that I don't like, it runs out, and when it happens your car is "slow" again, and you have to explain that it's out (make excuses).
I also was just wondering if and why you hadn't gotten at least a TBE before something like nitrous.

for your information NM is not higher in elevation than CO. o and yes i do take girls to the track, i also get pu$$y and im sure you lack that as well. Im not making a excuse there was no place to fill the bottle on site and assumed there would be. now as for the time i had a 1.8 60ft and with no nitrous, need to say more.
Old Nov 3, 2007, 09:36 AM
Evolved Member

lmao wow is this an info forum or a smack talkin forum. who cares about who has what or anything of the sort. this is for info, questions, answers and to show off what you have. you guys are arguing about why somebody has something
Old Nov 3, 2007, 10:40 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 20Grockit
lmao wow is this an info forum or a smack talkin forum. who cares about who has what or anything of the sort. this is for info, questions, answers and to show off what you have. you guys are arguing about why somebody has something
+1

I don't know why people always gotta start talking smack and hating on other members.
Old Nov 3, 2007, 10:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
http://www.google.com/search?q=color...ient=firefox-a
http://www.google.com/search?q=santa...ient=firefox-a

Yeah this is dumb, carry on.
Old Nov 3, 2007, 10:46 AM
Evolved Member

thanks guys for the back up on the subject
Old Nov 3, 2007, 11:24 AM
Evolving Member

I was looking at NX and TnT kits but ended up getting a nice christmas present from my girl in the form of a zex wet kit.I ran a 150 shot on my 2000 Camaro ss for 2 years until i sold the car and it still worked the way it did when i first installed it.This thread makes me want to put it on my evo as far as price goes you cant bet Nitrous.It funny how i see people say nitrous is going to blow your motor,well so can our stock turbos not tuned correctly whats the difference be smart dont cheap out get it tuned.Everyone is ready to throw a big *** turbo on there evo and run 26+ psi but are scared of a well tunned Shot of giggle gas.More power is going to put more stress on the motor, once again tune it, tune it, and then make sure its tuned.
Old Nov 6, 2007, 12:55 PM
Evolved Member

No worries... Scott and I are meeting up this weekend to get my dump tube and bottle warmer and anything else he wants from my ZEX kit.

Let's keep the pissing match away from the forum. At the end of the day, the snow is still yellow...

Cheers-
Erich
Old Nov 19, 2007, 07:15 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Wicked E
No worries... Scott and I are meeting up this weekend to get my dump tube and bottle warmer and anything else he wants from my ZEX kit.

Let's keep the pissing match away from the forum. At the end of the day, the snow is still yellow...

Cheers-
Erich
i got the warmer hooked up and now im excited to get back to the track and see some good times with a full bottle

Quick Reply: My Zex Nitrous setup