Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

F-450 Turbo slapped on a turbo?!!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2007, 06:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tek3Evo
Have gas engine ever done this to a smaller extent to allow for more boost with little to no lag? I realize that when talking huge boost you have huge heat, but if we compound turbos to get 30-40 psi simply to have boost off idle, I think this would be a great advantage.
I don't know if it has ever been tried on gas, but I have always wanted to try it. As long as the intercooler is efficient it should work on low boost on gas. The turbos would have to be small for good control though. Imagine the torque curve if you had 30psi at 2000 RPM.

The hardest part would be packaging all that equipment into a small engine bay.
Old Nov 4, 2007, 06:59 AM
Evolved Member

Navistar has been doing this for years... basically, these big vehicles are built for low end towing... however because they are so extremely built on low end, the other turbo gives the motor it's needed power to still reach 80+ mph...
Old Nov 4, 2007, 08:37 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jadiem
Navistar has been doing this for years... basically, these big vehicles are built for low end towing... however because they are so extremely built on low end, the other turbo gives the motor it's needed power to still reach 80+ mph...
Navistar is who builds our engines for now, but I think 2011 our contract is up with them and Ford already has thier own diesel engine in development.
Old Nov 5, 2007, 05:29 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Corey
Navistar is who builds our engines for now, but I think 2011 our contract is up with them and Ford already has thier own diesel engine in development.
Navistar is one of the best companies out there in the transportation world... kinda old school on the looks department, but their engines are #1... KWs are up there as well, little more bling too...