Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

banging gears

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2007, 04:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
banging gears

hi guys...

i have an exedy HD on my 6spd...
after installing it..i started experiencing difficulty going into gears when at a complete stop and it wouldnt go into 6th at all when i am at a complete stop...however...all the gears are very very smooth once the car is rolling...
i adjusted the clutch pedal...helped a little but still difficult going into 1st and reverse...imposible to go in 6th and very notchy in 2nd,3rd,4th,5th
*REMEMBER THIS ONLY HAPPENS WHEN AT COMPLETE STOP (ie at a traffic light)*
so thought my clutch is a damaged product so i took it apart...looked absolutlely fine and the wearing on the plates looks fine...
i also tried adjusting the shifter cables under the console..which helped a little bit but nothing spectacular at all...i also bled the clutch a few times..negative ...didnt do nothing...

the key is i noticed my clutch doesnt have that very loud chatter of twin plates when i press the pedal in all the time...it has it sometimes...when it does...the gear goes in ok..stil little notchy though...
i have driven several cars with the same clutch so i know how it is supposed to perform...

now...everytime i put it in reverse..it bangs...especially when i do it smoothly...same thing for 1st gear..

any input would really help..

thanks
Old Nov 3, 2007, 07:07 AM
Evolved Member

have you checked the clutch release rod?? if not try adjusting it
Old Nov 3, 2007, 12:41 PM
Evolved Member

whats the clutch release rod? where is it located and how do i adjust it?