Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

New record for pump gas, set with the HTA35r

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2007, 06:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Damn wish you were closer Dave! Awesome work!
Old Nov 14, 2007, 06:37 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by davidbuschur
That's it, those are the tips I want to share. I have more, one very recent but I like to stay one step ahead so I have to keep something for my own car
u holdin out on me dave.... j/k
Old Nov 14, 2007, 06:41 AM
Evolved Member

dafoe, looked at that link and then followed it to MLR and read the topic there.

That car they are talking about, the first dyno sheets of 600 and 690, I hope everyone realizes was on an engine dyno, NOT chassis dyno. Then at the end of the thread he took that same car/engine to a DynoDynamics chassis dyno and on race gas layed down only 556 whp.

Back to more reading....
The engine builder and tuner from that thread is Mark Shead from M.A.Developments just as an FYI.

Dave, when you say "only 556 whp"... well I'd venture to say 615 on your Mustang Dyno is pretty close to 556 whp on a properly setup DynoDynamics.

I'll concede it's likely the 615 number is larger so props to you on making some very nice power. Obviously we are just talking peak numbers which only tell part of the story.
Old Nov 14, 2007, 06:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
blueevo, yes, you mods look good and so do your plans. The HKS280 will not be enough to get close to these kind of numbers, those will need changed. The ACT clutch will also not hold up well to these power levels. You will need the double pumper and you can probably swap out the 50 trim for an HTA35r, it should bolt right onto AMS's header.
Old Nov 14, 2007, 06:51 AM
Evolved Member

crcrain, I will disagree and say that my Mustang dyno, if anything, reads lower than the Dyno Dynamics they are using. After knowing someone with a DD and listening to some of the crap that goes on I don't trust any of them. My dyno reads low because it reads correctly and I have left it reading low. It has now become kind of a standard that other people wonder "what would the car make on Buschur's dyno?".

Take for example my car running 9.97 at 142 mph with only 542 whp. I am fairly certain the car in the MLR thread did not come close to that with the 550 whp it produced, am I right? Take for example that our black car makes 890 whp on our dyno and has run 172.74 mph, nobody in the UK close to that trap speed and they have cars there claiming over 1,000 hp on the engine dyno's..........
Old Nov 14, 2007, 07:10 AM
Evolved Member

David, do you think the Exedy HD twin disc will hold up to a well built HTA35R?
Old Nov 14, 2007, 07:23 AM
Evolved Member

9sec9, no I do not feel that clutch will hold up to a well built HTA.
Old Nov 14, 2007, 07:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
david, what are your opinions on the peak boost top mount manifolds? i wanna do that manifold and the HTA35R.. opinions? comments? questions?
Old Nov 14, 2007, 07:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
See, this is why I should never read these threads.

I find a big turbo that makes great torque and the thing makes so much power that I would have to fully rebuild the car to keep it from blowing apart!

I hate you David!
Old Nov 14, 2007, 08:51 AM
Evolved Member

crcrain, I will disagree and say that my Mustang dyno, if anything, reads lower than the Dyno Dynamics they are using. After knowing someone with a DD and listening to some of the crap that goes on I don't trust any of them. My dyno reads low because it reads correctly and I have left it reading low. It has now become kind of a standard that other people wonder "what would the car make on Buschur's dyno?".

Take for example my car running 9.97 at 142 mph with only 542 whp. I am fairly certain the car in the MLR thread did not come close to that with the 550 whp it produced, am I right? Take for example that our black car makes 890 whp on our dyno and has run 172.74 mph, nobody in the UK close to that trap speed and they have cars there claiming over 1,000 hp on the engine dyno's..........
Dave,

First off thanks for the in-depth explanation you posted..........as i know you do not have to share your hard learned information with the rest of us

Very interesting to hear what you have to say in regards to head porting and cam selection.

FWIW - I too disagree w/ the statement about the Mustang vs DynoDynamic dynos as we have had cars that had testing done on our Mustang and another shops DynoDynamic and ours was about 25-30 hp less.

My ? is how does all of this change if any when speaking in terms of an Evo9 w/ Mivec

Have you guys any experience w/ building a car w/ similar mods BUT w/o porting the head........as it seems to me that this is where a lot of power is made as you stated.

I'm currently waiting to install the 2nd fp and wil try and run the boost up as high as possible but just wondering if we'll hit a wall in terms of hp w/o the head being ported.
Old Nov 14, 2007, 09:07 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 57 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally Posted by PATRICK B.
FWIW - I too disagree w/ the statement about the Mustang vs DynoDynamic dynos as we have had cars that had testing done on our Mustang and another shops DynoDynamic and ours was about 25-30 hp less.
If the user-defineable correction factors on both dynos are set equally, Mustangs and Dyno Dynamics give very similar numbers, with Mustangs tending to read just slightly higher more often than not. This has been demonstrated in this board, as well as a magazine article in the recent past.

UK shops tend to use a DD dyno in 'shootout 44' mode, which gives numbers that are incomparable to anything here in the U.S., and this is the root of the confusion. Drag racing isn't so popular in the UK, so that isn't available to draw comparisons.

Have you guys any experience w/ building a car w/ similar mods BUT w/o porting the head........as it seems to me that this is where a lot of power is made as you stated.
There are very few street cars in history that wouldn't benefit from head porting if one is going to try to squeeze a lot of power and rpm out of it, and this is certainly no exception.
Old Nov 14, 2007, 09:36 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ted B
If the user-defineable correction factors on both dynos are set equally, Mustangs and Dyno Dynamics give very similar numbers, with Mustangs tending to read just slightly higher more often than not. This has been demonstrated in this board, as well as a magazine article in the recent past.

UK shops tend to use a DD dyno in 'shootout 44' mode, which gives numbers that are incomparable to anything here in the U.S., and this is the root of the confusion. Drag racing isn't so popular in the UK, so that isn't available to draw comparisons.

There are very few street cars in history that wouldn't benefit from head porting if one is going to try to squeeze a lot of power and rpm out of it, and this is certainly no exception.
Ted - Thanks for the input as well as you seem to have very informative replies in threads

I'm just looking to see if they have ever in the past or present built a car w/o the ported head to compare hp figures just for fun......as i'm in no way trying to compete w/ their #'s but would like to know if we are in the ballpark.

Also once again i'm interested to see the results w/ cars that have Mivec as there doesn't seem to be as many highly built 9's around.......yet!
Old Nov 14, 2007, 10:44 AM
Evolved Member

Also once again i'm interested to see the results w/ cars that have Mivec as there doesn't seem to be as many highly built 9's around.......yet!
I am waiting for Daves call back and before spring he and Daniel will have built mine.

9sec9 has one, has the baddest IX ever built in my opition. Buschur did it.
Old Nov 14, 2007, 11:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
AWESOME #'s! Congrats.. What do you think this car would run in the 1/4 on pump gas?
Old Nov 14, 2007, 11:29 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks for the compliment jeff.
Patrick B., We'll have 'close' to what you're looking for very soon. The OKIX car is now complete at Buschur Racing. We dyno'd it before the head work as you know at 425whp/481wtq. The only thing that has changed since then and the first dyno pull will be forged internals (no whp/wtq changes there) and the ported head, but with standard size ss valves. This will give any increase or decrease in the power output. Then we'll begin swapping out 2 other sets of cams. This won't be done for about 2 weeks though.

Quick Reply: New record for pump gas, set with the HTA35r